What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I know times are certainly busy this time of year! I’ve got two 2019 forum knives “Out for delivery”! These two have been in my pocket in the mean time! :)

30803259228_a55b3467e6_o_d.jpg
Congrats on the 2019 Forum knives, Ron; the ones I've seen posted look great! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
But IMHO there's no way that a 2019 BF knife can surpass either your ebony Churchill or your AC stag lambsfoot! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Gary, I'm familiar with the Greeks too of course, but I don't think we covered the Islamics at skool :thumbsup: Those are also my two favourite Alox SAKs, Electrician for EDC, Farmer for hikes :) Great Cannon knives :thumbsup:

Count your fingers after using that Kudu! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:
Thanks for the compliments and advice, Jack. :):thumbsup:
I bought that Kudu before I realized that I could still buy current versions of Okapi knives. The Kudu is so long that I may relegate it to car, backpack, or winter parka use. :eek:

I think the Rough Rider gunstock checkered bone is extremely attractive! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bladeforum Knife and Yeller Nut:thumbsup:
nV06el.jpg

Great pair, Paul! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
(You could have also used the title "Bladeforum Nut and Yeller Knife" if you don't mind talking about yourself. ;))

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. Seems I didn’t respond to a question you had, regarding the aerial shot at The Bakery/Cafe. There is a second floor.:) Your CS Kudu is mighty nice.:thumbsup:
Thanks for solving the mystery, Harvey. ;) Thanks for the Kudu kudos. :)

For Sunday, my two newest:
4QOsDkE.jpg

QnkmdUJ.jpg

Both are extraordinary. The first was an unexpected gift, and the second I've been anticipating for most of the year.
Lotta blade versatility in that pair, Vince! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I toted and toyed with these four Cases today

bYmipIL.jpg

trying to figure how all four lost their shields and how I'm going to ship them to Case for replacements.
- Stuart
That seems like some unusually nice Case stag you have there, Stuart! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
You could use a fine-point Sharpie to personalize those knives in the little white oval spaces! :D

I thought I was paid up for a couple of years, but it seems I may have been confused :confused: I woke up to find that a very kind member had gifted me a Gold membership :) Thanks @Wurrwulf :) :thumbsup:
Congrats on the membership renewal, Jack! And accolades to Shawn for his generosity and assistance in dealing with your confusion! :cool::thumbsup::cool:;)

My two totes for today are both very pocket friendly; a couple of 1920s-30s Robesons. :)
Hard for me to pick my favorite in that pair, JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Superlative bone on the jack, but I'm going to go with the pen configuration, especially if it's a single spring. :)

- GT

Great pair, Paul! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
(You could have also used the title "Bladeforum Nut and Yeller Knife" if you don't mind talking about yourself. ;))

- GT

LOL Gary, seriously I laughed out loud:p I had shoulder surgery 2 weeks ago and this attractive young nurse asked "would you like the flu shot while your here" I haven't had a flu shot in 25yrs because the last time I got one I came down with the worst flu I've ever had. But I fell under her spell when she asked and said "Sure" and now I'm at home fightin the flu:eek::eek::eek:

You makin me laugh broke some of the misery I'm dealin with:p

Have a Merry Christmas Gary:thumbsup:

Very nice JJ :) :thumbsup:

Good morning folks, had a bit of a confusing start to the day, but hopefully it'll settle down :rolleyes: Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) I'm carrying my Hartshead Barlow and a John Primble generously gifted to me by @Duckdog (he sent me the Horehound candy too) :) Enjoy your Sunday folks :thumbsup:
GqnNFZC.jpg
Charismatic couple of knives, Jack; the bolsters on the Primble really catch my eye! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Gary, I think they go quite well together, as do those two :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)

Cracker indeed :thumbsup:
Gorgeous stag on that one, Gary. And great pic. :thumbsup:
5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. Your Cracker Jack Lamb is the pack leader.
That's a beauty, GT, as is the Cracker Jack.
- Stuart
Thank you, Gary. That's a good idea to make your Kudo a car or winter coat knife. :) Cracker Jack is a real cracker jack of a knife.
Thanks, Steve & Vince & Harvey & Stuart & Dean. :)
Vince and Harvey, you know first-hand how photogenic those Ashley's Choice lambsfoot SFOs are! ;)

Potent pair right there, Alan! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Look... GT's not working... Let's put him to work... No rest for the Wicked. ;)
Gorgeous Peanut. :cool::thumbsup:
My wife often seems to think the saying "Idle hands are the devil's playground" applies much more to me than to her! :eek::rolleyes:
Thanks for the Peanut praise, John. :)

5K Qs 5K Qs Thank you, GT! I'm really hoping it clears up by Tuesday, and I'm seeing consistent improvement.

I love the curves of the Lambsfoot and Copperhead: svelte yet voluptuous!
Good to hear you're feeling better, Shawn. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the compliments on my curvy stag knives. :)

Thank you, it's great when the holidays overlap on the calendar for SolstiChristmaKah. :)
It's cold but the sun's coming out.
The sun came out to play...sorry Sir...lol
Don't forget to work Kwanzaa in there somewhere. ;)
Sorry to hear that it's cold down there in Austin TX. That's certainly not the case here; close to 50˚F the past 3 days, and although Saturday was the "shortest day", we had 100% of possible sunshine for the first time in ages! :thumbsup::):):thumbsup: I might grill a bunch of chicken breasts this afternoon, which I've never done on Christmas Eve Eve before! :eek::thumbsup:

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day! Gonna have a Spam sandwich for lunch. Don't know if I should add egg, cheese, or peanut butter yet.
By the way, my Ancestry DNA was updated: now it's showing 3% "European Jew" instead of 2%. I gotta find my menorah. Got a yarmulke too, somewhere. :)
I'm afraid to do that DNA test stuff for fear that I'll get results like "83% Knucklehead"! :eek::rolleyes:

Linus the well traveled Ebony Lamb Foot(on the left)with his new discovered “23 and me” Mishpocha.
View attachment 1252861
My Yiddish vocabulary continues to grow! ;) That's a tremendous timber trio, Harvey! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you, Gary.:)
Yes, I saw that a similar one appeared, also very beautiful.;):thumbsup:
Two beautiful knives with good stag covers, Gary.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Today with A. Wright Lambsfoot.;):thumbsup:

Thanks, José. :)
Your rosewood lambsfoot Hartshead Barlow is superb! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Churchill and Utica today

E8MFE5Y.jpg
Steve, I usually prefer your vintage knives over those produced recently, but I sure admire your ebony Churchill! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lazy day in Colorado. Went with the kids to their church (very nice~ much bigger than ours back home, chock full of young families, which is heartening).
The weather is stunning ~ pushing 70 in the sun/cool in the shade.
I’m paying the price for pushing it on our hike the other day. The doc warned me about that too soon after surgery. Oh well, lazy day, taking turns holding the 4 month old.View attachment 1253075
And no tv! Surprisingly just fine without it.View attachment 1253054I call this 72 whittler in a bird house.
Grandchild, Grandpa, and knife all looking good, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Pace yourself on the knee rehab. I felt good, and walked well after only a couple of days, but I couldn't play basketball for a couple of months.

I went on a long hike after church today. Here are the knives I carried.

My TC Barlow was with me both at church and on the hike.

View attachment 1253057
The Texas Jack cooled off in the snow.

View attachment 1253058
When I went over the rope bridge, I was sorely tempted to use my BladeForums Rope knife.

View attachment 1253062
Heck of a hiking trio, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

MGkDrCp.jpg

A small Moki Blakiston's Fish Owl.
The sheath is horizontal carry, a first for me. I like it. The sheath very nicely constructed and it's thick elastic belt loops will accept a 2" wide belt, though I think they are actually designed for a 1 1/2" wide belt. The knife itself is immaculate in conception and build quality.
V3ruXBV.jpg
That's a stunner, Frank! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I saw recently that JTB_5 JTB_5 had a distinguished Moki, and now yours is making me do some window shopping! Christmas gift?? (Wrong thread, but thanks for the striking sunset photo yesterday! :cool::thumbsup::cool:)

Alox knife this week is a Christmassy red Vic Cadet:
cadet.red.open.jpg

non-Alox SAK this week is a Christmassy red celidor Vic Explorer:
explorer.mark.closed.jpg

Bailed non-SAK this week is a Sheffield (that's apparently a brand name) scout:
sheffield.open.all.jpg

International knife this week is a John Watts ring opener that celebrates Saturnalia :rolleyes: (thanks, Jack):
ringopener.pile.open.jpg

- GT

These two for me today, plus an Opinel #8 my brother gave me for my birthday yesterday. He wants to try an Opinel challenge in the new year, where that is the only knife we carry for a week initially, with it then expanding to see who can get by with “only” that the longest. I am looking forward to it .:).

Sorry to hear that it's cold down there in Austin TX. That's certainly not the case here; close to 50˚F the past 3 days, and although Saturday was the "shortest day", we had 100% of possible sunshine for the first time in ages! :thumbsup::):):thumbsup:
Lol. It's 50°F here, too. Like I said, it's cold! :p
I'm hoping for a real hard freeze this year. Not because I like the cold, but I hate bugs. Springtime after a mild winter can be very buggy. :eek:

Charismatic couple of knives, Jack; the bolsters on the Primble really catch my eye! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :)

Thanks, Steve & Vince & Harvey & Stuart & Dean. :)
Vince and Harvey, you know first-hand how photogenic those Ashley's Choice lambsfoot SFOs are! ;)

Potent pair right there, Alan! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

My wife often seems to think the saying "Idle hands are the devil's playground" applies much more to me than to her! :eek::rolleyes:
Thanks for the Peanut praise, John. :)

Good to hear you're feeling better, Shawn. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the compliments on my curvy stag knives. :)

Don't forget to work Kwanzaa in there somewhere. ;)
Sorry to hear that it's cold down there in Austin TX. That's certainly not the case here; close to 50˚F the past 3 days, and although Saturday was the "shortest day", we had 100% of possible sunshine for the first time in ages! :thumbsup::):):thumbsup: I might grill a bunch of chicken breasts this afternoon, which I've never done on Christmas Eve Eve before! :eek::thumbsup:

I'm afraid to do that DNA test stuff for fear that I'll get results like "83% Knucklehead"! :eek::rolleyes:

My Yiddish vocabulary continues to grow! ;) That's a tremendous timber trio, Harvey! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, José. :)
Your rosewood lambsfoot Hartshead Barlow is superb! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Steve, I usually prefer your vintage knives over those produced recently, but I sure admire your ebony Churchill! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Grandchild, Grandpa, and knife all looking good, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Pace yourself on the knee rehab. I felt good, and walked well after only a couple of days, but I couldn't play basketball for a couple of months.

Heck of a hiking trio, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

That's a stunner, Frank! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I saw recently that JTB_5 JTB_5 had a distinguished Moki, and now yours is making me do some window shopping! Christmas gift?? (Wrong thread, but thanks for the striking sunset photo yesterday! :cool::thumbsup::cool:)

View attachment 1253377

View attachment 1253378

View attachment 1253384

International knife this week is a John Watts ring opener that celebrates Saturnalia :rolleyes: (thanks, Jack):
View attachment 1253385

- GT

I waited awhile to finally acquire a Moki and managed to get a very gently used one for a great price. Having had one in hand though, I believe they are worth the full price tag in quality. They are extremely light as well. I can hardly notice carry it.

And Festivus, of course!

Today I've got the new Forum knife and this ole butter & molasses.
bVbsZ3C.jpg
2K72LLZ.jpg

My favourite! :D I'm loving the outbreak of Butter & Molasses :cool: :thumbsup:

Such a cool knife! :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliments and advice, Jack. :):thumbsup:
I bought that Kudu before I realized that I could still buy current versions of Okapi knives. The Kudu is so long that I may relegate it to car, backpack, or winter parka use. :eek:

I think it's a beast, in every sense Gary! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Congrats on the membership renewal, Jack! And accolades to Shawn for his generosity and assistance in dealing with your confusion! :cool::thumbsup::cool:;)

Thanks pal, I'm thinking of inviting Shawn @Wuurwulf over to show me where I live when I'm coming back from the pub! :D ;) :thumbsup:

LOL Gary, seriously I laughed out loud:p I had shoulder surgery 2 weeks ago and this attractive young nurse asked "would you like the flu shot while your here" I haven't had a flu shot in 25yrs because the last time I got one I came down with the worst flu I've ever had. But I fell under her spell when she asked and said "Sure" and now I'm at home fightin the flu:eek::eek::eek:

You makin me laugh broke some of the misery I'm dealin with:p

Have a Merry Christmas Gary:thumbsup:

Get well soon Paul :thumbsup:

View attachment 1253377

View attachment 1253378

View attachment 1253384

View attachment 1253385

- GT

Thanks again GT :) I always enjoy seeing your red Cadet, and it's nice to see your birthday ring-opener :) :thumbsup:

Starting out the week with a bit of scouting; a 30s Remington BSA scout and a much needed waterproof match safe. :)
Thanks for the fine compliment ! I'm going to dig out my scouts after seeing your beauty !

Blimey, how'd I get so far behind with this thread, I only posted yesterday?! :eek: :rolleyes:

Beautiful gents :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot JJ, the Primble and the candy were a thoughtful gift from Stuart @Duckdog :) :thumbsup:

Love that match safe JJ, it's the ideal partner for your Remington Scout :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start, and that you're all in a holiday mood :) Thought I'd carry these two again today :) :thumbsup:

y6loile.jpg

3WBxBPx.jpg
Great photos and knives !!!

It's a wonderful chilly and foggy morning, I've got some cozy new wool socks and still toting this superb knife. Hope you all have a good 'un today.

View attachment 1253327 View attachment 1253328

Why carry anything else...love it !!

Today I've got the new Forum knife and this ole butter & molasses.
bVbsZ3C.jpg
2K72LLZ.jpg
It's a beauty indeed !!!

View attachment 1253387 View attachment 1253386

42 Missouri Trader in Elk and a 43 Oregon Trapper with the Beaver Shield.

Magnificence !!!!

Back