What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

HHB & Apprentice for today :)

KMMgMqO.jpg

My favourite! :D I'm loving the outbreak of Butter & Molasses :cool: :thumbsup:

Such a cool knife! :cool: :thumbsup:

I think it's a beast, in every sense Gary! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Thanks pal, I'm thinking of inviting Shawn @Wuurwulf over to show me where I live when I'm coming back from the pub! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Get well soon Paul :thumbsup:

Thanks again GT :) I always enjoy seeing your red Cadet, and it's nice to see your birthday ring-opener :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack, I'm on the mend, and Very Merry Christmas to you my friend:)

Starting out the week with a bit of scouting; a 30s Remington BSA scout and a much needed waterproof match safe. :)
Much thanks, JJ. Sharp looking Remington BSA Scout.

@The Fort - Wishing you a quick healing, Lance.

@Jack Black - Thank you Jack.

@5K Qs - Thank you GT. Your SA Alox is a beaut.

Gevonovich Gevonovich - Each one of the four is winner, Gev. I know what you mean by the challenge of capturing the holographic effect of a pearlescent surface. It’s as sweet as butter and molasses.

Just had my GEC 35 calf pen in knifebrite arrive in the mail about an hour ago. I took some sandpaper to the one arm right away, it comes way pointier than it needs to be. Next step is always to oil the heck out of any GEC as the oil they use does not do well in the cold. That’s my experience with them anyway. I like to use fishing reel oil. Currently I’ve got something called quantum hot sauce. Both blades are shave sharp and very even out of tube, probably the best I’ve had from GEC.
It’s pretty much exactly as I expected it to be, a bit chunky, sturdy feeling, reasonably comfortable with either blade out. Don’t know why I kept putting off getting one, can’t wait to put it to work!

Fab photos of that fine threesome Dean :cool: :thumbsup:

y6loile.jpg

3WBxBPx.jpg

Thank you, Jack. An excellent pair you toted today. :thumbsup:

hJdUMq7.jpg

Rough rider moose knife. Merry Christmas. :)

That is a great Christmas knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Heck of a hiking trio, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Alox knife this week is a Christmassy red Vic Cadet:
View attachment 1253377

non-Alox SAK this week is a Christmassy red celidor Vic Explorer:
View attachment 1253378

Bailed non-SAK this week is a Sheffield (that's apparently a brand name) scout:
View attachment 1253384

International knife this week is a John Watts ring opener that celebrates Saturnalia :rolleyes: (thanks, Jack):
View attachment 1253385

- GT

Thank you, Gary. I'm loving the Christmassy themed knives! :thumbsup:

Congrats on the 2019 Forum knives, Ron; the ones I've seen posted look great! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
But IMHO there's no way that a 2019 BF knife can surpass either your ebony Churchill or your AC stag lambsfoot! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks Gary! :) Maybe not surpass but running a close second! ;)

I woke up with a light heart today, as I had very little to do having completed all of my holiday shopping and chores (tree, firewood, cocktail fixin's, cleared upper and lower back decks in case we lit the fire pits. I figured this little Battle Axe could handle totin' duties easily.

sloqY1q.jpg

Then, over coffee, Miss Norma informed me of the chores of which I was previously unaware, but had to be done today - mostly driving and shopping for last minute items that "we" forgot, and getting rid of the resulting boxes. I decided that this one was more appropriate, in more ways than one.

JZOFF8L.jpg

Now, settled in with an elixir and my dog by the fire.

- Stuart

Last edited:
Gevonovich Gevonovich - Each one of the four is winner, Gev. I know what you mean by the challenge of capturing the holographic effect of a pearlescent surface. It’s as sweet as butter and molasses.

Enjoying a dark chocolate indulgence, gifted to me, with Linus.
View attachment 1253491
I forgot chocolate ;) Sweet knife and photo !!! I think its now my favorite cell :eek::cool::cool::cool::cool::thumbsup:

I woke up with a light heart today, as I had very little to do having copleted all of my holiday shopping and chores (tree, firewood, cocktail fixin's, cleared upper and lower back decks in case we lit the fire pits. I figured this little Battle Axe could handle totin' duties easily.

sloqY1q.jpg

Then, over coffee, Miss Norma informed me of the chores of which I was previously unaware, but had to be done today - mostly driving and shopping for last minute items that "we" forgot, and getting rid of the resulting boxes. I decided that this one was more appropriate, in more ways than one.

JZOFF8L.jpg

Now, settled in with an elixir and my dog by the fire.

- Stuart

a fine dog and a fire :cool::cool::cool: and a fine lady :D

My task today is to wrap some gifts, and make a run to the market for a rib roast for Christmas Day. Be safe! It's crazy out there!:D

Then, over coffee, Miss Norma informed me of the chores of which I was previously unaware, but had to be done today - mostly driving and shopping for last minute items that "we" forgot,
Got me laughing, Stuart. My trip to the market, to pick up a rib roast for Christmas day, ended with me on the cell with my wife, as she reeled off about a dozen items she forgot to pick up.
A couple of fingers of bourbon is definitely on this evening's agenda.

Back