What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

You should get one GT. They're light and comfortable in the hand. And they really are "all-business" knives. :thumbsup::)
Thanks for the recommendation. :) So many sodbusters, so little time! :D

Thank you, GT. :)
I might also add that it is the best built Case knife I own. It has strong pulls and very solid 'snap', just like my Lambsfoot knives. It is definitely a rugged knife and very pocket filling at 4 inches. A very generous gift from my friend, ED. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for the additional info, John; I didn't realize yours was the "big version". :)

It’s a long story of love lost and regained which I won’t bore you with but only say “you don’t know what you’ve got ’till its gone.”
:thumbsup:;) Don't it always seem to go that way?

I pretty much carry my green Case Peanut every day in my pocket. The Alox Cadet in the pic stays in my backpack that I take with me to work:
The blade on the Cadet is the normal shiny mirror finish - it is just the angle of the photo and I think it was reflecting the dark colored shirt I was wearing that day as I leaned over to take the photo.
Great to see an update on your carries, John! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

You are welcome GT - kinda enjoy showing it off (been in the tube for YEARS!) Those are very nice Chestnut bone handled Case knives. Jigged Chestnut bone is my favorite of all the modern Case bone handles - to my mind it is the closest to the vintage Case look you get with modern Case over the last 25 years or so. OH
Thanks, Bruce. :) I share your enjoyment of the jigged chestnut bone Case folders; here's a photo from a couple of years ago that doesn't include the teardrop I picked up since then:
chestnut.fam.open.shady.jpg

5K Qs 5K Qs and S SnailOffTheTrail Apologies for late answer, don't always see things when embedded in lengthy multi-quotes ;) Yes, it's the CASE Med Stockman 63032cv identical frame to the Small Texas Jack. Carries very well and I like the Pen in place of the Spey arrangement. Also, the Sheepfoot rides reasonably low unlike on some round bolster Serp frames.

Thanks, Will
Thanks for confirming the model number, Will. :) That's quite likely to be my next chestnut jigged bone Case model.

Thank you. It's been purported that some people prefer pristine polish. o_O To each his own! :D
You're right, of course! ;) That Lambsfoots is a looker! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good Mornin’! Happy New Year to All!

View attachment 1262007
Thanks GT, much appreciated! Carrying these two today.
These two make a great pair!
@HST, Dean, Tom, Jeff, congrats on your handsome Forum knives! :cool::cool::thumbsup: They only have ONE star on the tang, but based on the pictures here, I'd rate them much higher than that!! :D

Nice selection Gary !
Thanks, Steve. :) I always have plenty to choose from. :rolleyes:

SW 879 Stockman today
Splendid stockman, Steve; I really like the shape and the jigging! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. Your Rough Rider Silver Select Stockman is ready to paint the town red.:thumbsup:
Gary, your RR Silver Select stockman is gorgeous; looks like a great dress up knife. :):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I appreciate the attention you gave my RR sowbelly, Harvey & Dean. :) It's much more appropriate for going out on the town than I am! :rolleyes:

En Aubrac Ancestral(an homage to earlier Laguioles. Hafted in beechwood from the Aubrac Region.
Albert Oates Lambfoot.
Harvey, your Laguiole is lithe (or lissome, take your choice ;)), and your lambsfoot is laudable!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

My friend and I hiked in Sycamore Creek park today. I had to take my new Sycamore Saddlehorn with me, of course.
Sycamore Saddlehorn in a Sycamore tree.

View attachment 1262111
Appealing photo of your Christmas knife, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

That is a terrific toothpick! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1262211 Nothing to cut, but nice to have and admire.
Schrade 833 jack, and 43 Oregon Trapper.
Gotta confess that accurately describes my urban-dwelling attitude toward my knives, except for the kitchen. :( Get well soon, Jeff :); how's your knee doing with this forced lay-off?

It does indeed.
Thanks for the confirmation on the pen secondary on your Calf Roper Slim. :)

I've been neglecting this one, and wonder why each time I pick it up. It's a great knife, but just doesn't see the pocket time it deserves. Going to remedy that this weekend ;)
Superb knife, Mike! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I like the Tribal Lock I have much more than I thought I would, even though I thought I'd like it a lot. :rolleyes:

Today a Portuguese knife is in my pocket!;):thumbsup:

What a superb example of a Portuguese knife, José; I like everything about it! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1262473 View attachment 1262471 View attachment 1262472

I know it has been written before, but wouldn’t it be great if GEC used the 35 frame to make a camp knife? I would prefer just three tools, spear blade, punch, and caplifter.
What an attractive pair of equal-enders, LT!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is this stag model (no tang stamp, but quite sure it's made by Salamandra) that my daughter picked up in Toledo, Spain for my wife to give me for Christmas a couple of years ago:
stag.shelf.mark.V.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Week is an A. Wright stag senator (thanks for the GAW, @R.c.s):
MJ.pile.slip.jpg

- GT

My newest arrival was calling out this morning. Loving these wharncliffe mini trappers, and this one's a beauty of a knife :)

KSa3K2v.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is this stag model (no tang stamp, but quite sure it's made by Salamandra) that my daughter picked up in Toledo, Spain for my wife to give me for Christmas a couple of years ago:
stag-shelf-mark-v-jpg.1263116
I love that blade shape and the pull/nick on that one, Gary. Great stag, too. Simple and beautiful. :thumbsup:

Well crud....I’ve had this Schrade with me for a couple days but I have no pockets to carry it in in. Hoping to be able to put pants on soon and grab a different knifeo_O

9-D482-AA8-DC39-43-BA-A1-C3-EBC824-A0645-E.jpg
Kinda like lawyers, ya hate hospitals until you need one.
And when ya need one, ya know that’s where ya need to be.
Well wishes!

Great to see an update on your carries, John!
Thanks, GT. I don't post much these days because I am not buying new stuff, and even though I have a ton of knives, there are really only a few that I carry or use. And my work, home, and recreational pursuits do not generally require a cutting tool, outside of the kitchen, where I have a decent collection as well. :) But this isn't that forum.

After several years really of falling out of a hobbyist interest in them and transitioning to "it's a tool, I've got one that'll do the job nearby" I am trying to rekindle a little of the relationship with my old pocket friends. So I got this old favorite out of the drawer and plan to carry and use it some this weekend:

Case 63032 Chestnut CV Medium Stockman:

cHNbQ6N.jpg

Old pic, and at some point I apparently polished off whatever patina was forming and give it a good oiling before I put it up, because it looks better than that now. :)

My newest arrival was calling out this morning. Loving these wharncliffe mini trappers, and this one's a beauty of a knife :)

KSa3K2v.jpg
Nice! Got one of those in my cart at a certain dealer, just waiting for the funds to be available. Yours is lookin' good but not makin' the wait any easier. ;):):D

Touché!!! I’m free now, but it was an anxious couple of days:confused:
Good to hear they sprung ya! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I spent yesterday at our local hospital. Security made me take two pocket knives back to the car when they were discovered by the hospital's newly installed metal detector.:( At least they weren't confiscated.o_O Feel better soon!

Reactions: 315
Nice! Got one of those in my cart at a certain dealer, just waiting for the funds to be available. Yours is lookin' good but not makin' the wait any easier. ;):):D

Thanks. I have a feeling you're going to like it. The wait'll be well worth it ;)

I share your enjoyment of the jigged chestnut bone Case folders; here's a photo from a couple of years ago that doesn't include the teardrop I picked up since then:
View attachment 1263089

Is my understanding, that those CV jigged chestnut bone Sowbellies discontinued correct, or am I just so lame that I cannot find them in stock anywhere?

Finally was able to obtain my grail knife!:D:D
dpDAdEU.jpg

So I’ll be totin this and my trusty 78 today indoors! Nothing but sleet and ice outside today:eek:

Congrats! How does it feel?

Back