What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

A pre-owned USA 33OT is one of my most recent acquisitions (less than a month ago), and I'll concur with Jeff's opinion! :cool::cool:;)
View attachment 1263619

Sweet tortoise shell stockman, OH! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Is that from the same fishing trip that produced the photo of you and your catch that you posted in the "Mug Shots" thread?

- GT

Hard to beat that 33/34 frame from Schrade GT. I once owned the Uncle Henry 833 Prairie Jack version - a sweet knife that I gave to an old boss who used to take me bird hunting every season. Thanks for the compliment on my knife - really enjoying the GEC Calf Roper and have wanted a non-celluloid faux tortoise shell knife for a long time. Not the same fishing trip, I was Speck fishing just off the ICW when I took the picture with the GEC 66 and my lures. The “Mug Shot“ picture was taken while Hickory Shad fishing on the Trent River last February or March. OH

PwJtfAp.jpg

Splendid Winchester Stockman Will. I’ve had an itch for one of those for several years and I plan to scratch that itch soon! OH

I appreciate your replies, Jack. :)
Charismatic couple of Barlows for you! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: A two-Barlow day is a rarity for you, isn't it?

Thanks Gary :) Yes it is, I don't know why as it's one of my favourite patterns :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Vince & Jack. :) (Salamandra #10012 is still available in Europe, if you want to "join the club".)

Thanks for the tip mate :thumbsup:

The Big CASE is an ESSENTIAL in any collection. Yes it's massive, but it's OK for coat-pocket carry and Amber Bone /CV is an iconic finish:cool: The other CASE is interesting too, maybe a bird&beast Scrim for that? Field rather than nautical:) Elk/Moose, Wild Boar head, Eagle, Pheasant or OWL
Thanks for the ideas, Will. A number of times this year, I've watched a young red-tailed hawk hunting the Monk Parakeets that live in the neighborhood. Perhaps that would be a good subject for a scrim. :)
you are welcome :)
Ah! I didn't think it had been in the box very long. Thanks again!
Thanks for mentioning my Case chestnut knives, Rachel. :)
Couple of capital Cases you selected from The Box!! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Do you think you could use that jumbo stockman to whittle one of your "braided" pencils??
To tell the truth, I did most of my pencil whittling with an x-acto knife. I'm afraid this Jumbo is too big for that kind of detail.
Compared to a Wright's Lambfoot "big-un":
Ee93t9s.jpg

Compared to my hand:
uhwGgRB.jpg

@5K Qs Thank you, GT! You are correct about the second knife; it was made by Larry Withrow. I picked it up here in the Knife Maker's Exchange. It is absolutely fantastic!

hope you and your Mom are back home soon my friend
Thank you, Jack. She is home and resting well. :)

Cool fish on your keyring, John, but I'll bet Sköll could eat it whole! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I have to carry them in separate pockets. ;)

A pre-owned USA 33OT is one of my most recent acquisitions
33ot-mark-2open-jpg.1263619
One of my all-time favorite Jacks.
I carried the Middleman Jack and Stockman all through High School (memories).
Perfect size knife to shove in a pocket and very useful blades. Hope you enjoy yours as well. :cool::thumbsup:

Back