What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

northwoods-heritage-jack-giraffe-bone-a-129.jpg

The first test drive

Todays totes are a medium stockman and a sleek toothpick slicer. :)
u
Thank you JJ. That toothpick is ooh la la. Your Stockman has very nice detailing.

Gevonovich Gevonovich - Super nice image of a gorgeous Case.

r8shell r8shell - Wonderful Image, Rachel.

@Jathes - So difficult to image MOP, But you did so nicely.

Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund - Great outdoor winter scene, highlighting your good looking re-hafted Camille’s Stockman, Jeff.

Old Engineer Old Engineer - Very nice TEW Lamb, Harry.

Took a chance on this old Schrade Barlow from the auction site that somebody rehandled in some lovely smooth bone. The real deals fetch big bucks, but I'm glad I gave this old girls a chance.

Clearly seen some time on a buffing wheel but the blade is pretty full and free from pitting. Good snap and action. Somebody did a nice job reassembling it. Pivot pin isn't nicely hidden but I can't catch it with my finger nail.

Went home this weekend and have been moving furniture around all day...enjoying the 55° SC evening while waiting for the Motrin to kick in. Need to work some more on the old Fordson Dexta tractor...might need to pour some gin on top of the Motrin.

IMG-20200118-172538.jpg

IMG-20200118-172526.jpg

IMG-20200118-172505.jpg

Took a chance on this old Schrade Barlow from the auction site that somebody rehandled in some lovely smooth bone. The real deals fetch big bucks, but I'm glad I gave this old girls a chance.

Clearly seen some time on a buffing wheel but the blade is pretty full and free from pitting. Good snap and action. Somebody did a nice job reassembling it. Pivot pin isn't nicely hidden but I can't catch it with my finger nail.

Went home this weekend and have been moving furniture around all day...enjoying the 55° SC evening while waiting for the Motrin to kick in. Need to work some more on the old Fordson Dexta tractor...might need to pour some gin on top of the Motrin.

IMG-20200118-172538.jpg

IMG-20200118-172526.jpg

IMG-20200118-172505.jpg

I think it looks spectacular!!

I broke down today. I "had" to do it.
Being a man of my word, the Rough Rider RR1838 "Hopalong Cassidy" moose is still in my pocket until at least February 01, whe nit is likely ot be exchanged for a trapper.
Anyway, the (BTI) Old Timer 280OT Barlow got replaced by a Rough Rider RR603 (large 3.25 inch closed) yellow handled stockman in my pocket.
I have not decided yet if the (BTI) Old Timer 280OT Barlow is going to remain in the Rollator's under-seat bag, or go into the closet and change places with my (vintage/antique Schrade USA) Ulster Number 10 Barlow.

I surely does wish BTI made some Old Timer pocket knives like the 280OT Barlow, 7OT, and 858OTB (large) stockman with (uncoated) carbon steel blades rather than everything with stainless steel. (retaining the traditional Old Timer saw cut Delrin or bone covers, of course.)

IMG-20200118-172538.jpg

IMG-20200118-172526.jpg

IMG-20200118-172505.jpg

That's a great looking Schrade. Good catch. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back