What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thank you, Jack! A fine pair you are totin' today - the Hartshead is always a pleasure to see and it always looks good paired with some Ebony.

A double Sawcut day for me - I like all steel construction and I really like Red Sawcut.

F0h9x4x.jpg

Gorgeous Knives! OH

Looks like GT got all caught up on the Totin' thread.

It's designated as a Dogleg Jack.
Yes, it does have the exact same frame as the Mini Trapper.
The pen is obviously different than the spey and the clip point is much broader than on the Mini Trapper.

I think I would fall in love with the Slim as well. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, GT.
The red bone is new to the herd.
I was pleased to get caught up, but it sure doesn't last long!! :eek:;)
Thanks for the additional info about some of your knives, John. :) I hadn't noticed that your Dogleg Jack had a more substantial clip than a mini trapper does.

Thank you, Gary. I'm glad to hear you were able to get a chestnut CV muskrat. :)

It is so great to get a knife from family, Gary; and that Buck 110 is a great one to have.

Thank you, Gary. I think you have surpassed me in the amount of 897UH knives you own. How many do you have now?
I appreciate your encouragement, Dean. :) I only have the 2 897UH stock knives that I posted; they arrived within a week or two of each other, and one was a surprise! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I'm totin' a pair of Case 32s - my Texas Jack and Chestnut stockman.

View attachment 1266297
Interesting pair, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I don't think I realized that those two patterns use the same frame. (I plan to order that chestnut CV 32 stockman when I order my "matching" muskrat later today. :))

Thanks! 5K Qs 5K Qs
D4AaxMU.jpg

Couple spears on this windy snowy day
Auspicious pair! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It was easy to do. If I didn't have that stag stockman wanting more attention I'd probably carry that 861 for another 46 days. It will certainly be one of my regulars from now on. :)
Certainly a winning pair, and I look forward to seeing either of both whenever you post them going forward! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Doubly thankful Gary!!! Apparently the French Govt. states the Laguoile is a pattern/style that can be produced anywhere!:D

Great trio today; your '67 Buck is an all time classic, very cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks again Gary!!! From my limited knowledge, the "gunstock" is simply a pattern where the knife handle resembles a classic rifle stock; it does feel quite good in hand, as well;)
Thanks for the helpful comments, JJ. :)

Changed back to the 78 M&G Yankee Whittler.

View attachment 1266669
Notable knife! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (Is the knife as good as the '78 Yankees were in baseball? ;))

and I'm thinking

39731506232_3034b522d6_b.jpg
Captivating stag Churchill, Gev!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Imperial Cattle knife today

FrCGQ5s.jpg
That's a dazzler, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I can't believe that it's almost certainly older than I am; wish my "covers" looked that good! :D

5K Qs 5K Qs Very difficult to choose nicest one of the four your carrying.
Thanks, Harvey; this hobby can be hard! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very nice.:cool::thumbsup:
I didn't bond with the Gent, but I think the Jack like yours would suit me better.
I just got this Buck Solitaire yesterday. I carried it for the rest of the day and I was very thrilled at what a good slicer it was. I think I'll keep it in my pocket again today. So far it's proving to be a good "user" for all sorts of tasks. I have very few Nit-Picks about it. I hope you all have a great weekend.

Thanks, John; I know my "default" is to prefer multiple blades over a single blade in a pocketknife. But I'm not adamantly opposed to all single blades like I was as a newbie 6 years ago. Back then I bought a Walmart 2-pack containing Chinese Buck Trio and Solitaire, and soon gave away the Solitaire simply because it had only one blade. I regret that a bit now. :rolleyes: Your 302 is awesome! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Todays totes are a medium stockman and a sleek toothpick slicer. :)
Exquisite, JJ!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fabulous knife and photo, Gev! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I don't have enough balls to try doing one like that myself!

Lovely group, Gary; your SBJ is particularly nice. The bonus pic of your RR Sowbelly stockman is appreciated.
Thanks for the kind comments, Dean. :)
Your yellow sowbelly and blue Tribal Lock are certainly a cheerful pair!! :cool::cool:;)

Grand Barlow "starburst", José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1267529 One of my best Stockman knives today.
4” Camillus rehafted in smooth elk.

Great walk ‘n talk, which is a bit of a miracle since I completely disassembled it in the process of replacing the ugly, and cracked delrin.:D
Heavenly rehaft, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Had to re-position 5 to 6 inches of snow this morning and I have these in my pockets . Another TEWs day this week .
Harry
Irresistible TEW twosome, Harry! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Do you carry the old one in a slip because of the exposed tip?

Alox of the Week for me is a silver Cadet (thanks, Ken):
cadet.silver.mark.closed.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Tinker:
tinker.open.jpg

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Camillus linesman knife:
tl29.mark.2open.stand.dock.jpg

International Knife of the Week is a Cognet L'écureuil:
l'ecureuil.mark.open2.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
Morning folks, starting off the week with these two :thumbsup:

nyGWTVt.jpg

jzbxxfn.jpg
Great choices Jack! :thumbsup: :)

Harvey, that Senator is a thing of beauty! :thumbsup: :)

2 from the Early 2015 run . Both carried in slips .

Harry
Harry, you know what I think about that Big Red Clip! IMHO it’s one of the best! :thumbsup: :)

A double Sawcut day for me - I like all steel construction and I really like Red Sawcut.

F0h9x4x.jpg
Nice Red Sawcut Dylan! :thumbsup:

Good morning folks! I’ve been away for awhile. Been busy starting with the holidays and helping my family with some moves and throw in some family sickness it’s been super busy. I’ve looked in on occasion but have not posted in awhile. I have not tried to quote on all the beautiful knives that have been posted but I did go back to yesterday morning and pick out a few for comment listed above. :)

I’m carrying two SFO’s this morning. My Hartshead Barlow in Sambar Stag from my friend Jack Black and my 2016 BladeForums #35 Drover share my pockets today. :D

48599031552_3ae28c1226_b_d.jpg

Notable knife! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (Is the knife as good as the '78 Yankees were in baseball? ;))

Thank you Gary, and good morning. Red Sox fan, so thanks for the Bucky Dent reminder (it’s ok, only 41+ years ago!).

It is, however, a creative and apt comparison. IMO, the 78s are some of the best. I have one of the 2014 clips as well. I remember seeing those old Yankees teams w Ron Guidry and Reggie Jackson at Fenway. They were great.

Here is a different view of the Yankee Whittler, as well as the old American Jack - from back when the USWNT wore three stars (have now won 4 World Cups).

1DDB8B72-0A10-4F35-9FA8-6E372AEDB168.jpeg BE30E633-CA46-4946-96DE-CEC60F35F149.jpeg

Last edited:
Case 6347 today
fpztyDTh.jpg
Since being introduced to the 47s, I can really appreciate what a great knife they are. Beautiful bone on yours. :cool::thumbsup:

I think that has to be the best TC I've seen. :cool::thumbsup:

Beautiful as always, Harvey. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, John; I know my "default" is to prefer multiple blades over a single blade in a pocketknife. But I'm not adamantly opposed to all single blades like I was as a newbie 6 years ago. Back then I bought a Walmart 2-pack containing Chinese Buck Trio and Solitaire, and soon gave away the Solitaire simply because it had only one blade. I regret that a bit now. :rolleyes: Your 302 is awesome! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
I like both single blades and multi-blades. Depends on my mood at the time. :)

I'm going with (mini)Trapper Tuesday...

o4riEBQ.jpg
A very handy slicer. :cool::thumbsup:

Nice pairing, Ron. :cool::thumbsup:

I was pleased to get caught up, but it sure doesn't last long!! :eek:;)
Thanks for the additional info about some of your knives, John. :) I hadn't noticed that your Dogleg Jack had a more substantial clip than a mini trapper does.

I appreciate your encouragement, Dean. :) I only have the 2 897UH stock knives that I posted; they arrived within a week or two of each other, and one was a surprise! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Interesting pair, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I don't think I realized that those two patterns use the same frame. (I plan to order that chestnut CV 32 stockman when I order my "matching" muskrat later today. :))

Auspicious pair! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Certainly a winning pair, and I look forward to seeing either of both whenever you post them going forward! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the helpful comments, JJ. :)

Captivating stag Churchill, Gev!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

That's a dazzler, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I can't believe that it's almost certainly older than I am; wish my "covers" looked that good! :D

Thanks, Harvey; this hobby can be hard! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Exquisite, JJ!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fabulous knife and photo, Gev! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I don't have enough balls to try doing one like that myself!

Thanks for the kind comments, Dean. :)
Your yellow sowbelly and blue Tribal Lock are certainly a cheerful pair!! :cool::cool:;)

Grand Barlow "starburst", José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Heavenly rehaft, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Irresistible TEW twosome, Harry! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Do you carry the old one in a slip because of the exposed tip?

Alox of the Week for me is a silver Cadet (thanks, Ken):
View attachment 1269415

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Tinker:
View attachment 1269416

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Camillus linesman knife:
View attachment 1269417

International Knife of the Week is a Cognet L'écureuil:
View attachment 1269418

- GT
NO .

Harry

Enjoyed today playing some music after being out of town last week.

D46jVrB.jpg
I can relate. Once, after flying down to Ft Myers Fla for a week with the in-laws, I hit the pawn shops and found a guitar for $99 just to have something to play.
Question:
Since Camillus made the Craftsman knives and the TL-29, how is your Craftsman a "TL-29 Clone"?

No matter who made it, and I am leaning toward Schrade Walden based on similarities to a SW I have, I think “TL-29” is the military designation for issued knives of this pattern. So, in talking about a civilian use electrician jack, I tend to think of them as “TL-29 pattern”, or “TL-29 clones”, rather than just as “TL-29”. Even Camillus made that distinction by calling their civilian electricians TL-27s.
But I could be wrong!

Harry, you know what I think about that Big Red Clip! IMHO it’s one of the best! :thumbsup: :)

Good morning folks! I’ve been away for awhile. Been busy starting with the holidays and helping my family with some moves and throw in some family sickness it’s been super busy. I’ve looked in on occasion but have not posted in awhile. I have not tried to quote on all the beautiful knives that have been posted but I did go back to yesterday morning and pick out a few for comment listed above. :)

I’m carrying two SFO’s this morning. My Hartshead Barlow in Sambar Stag from my friend Jack Black and my 2016 BladeForums #35 Drover share my pockets today. :D

Welcome back! I was getting concerned, Ron.
Now, where in the heck is @Duckdog? I don’t think he’s posted since his last deer hunt!

Thanks Ron, great to have you back :) Nice pairing, I have my Drover set aside to carry more - I need more pockets! :D :thumbsup:

Random Tuesday.
jOADNTb.jpg

No center liner, catch-bit between secondaries, for those following the Whittler discussions. ;)

Thanks for joining me Rachel :) :thumbsup:

Back