What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Today I have old patchy and my usual stag stockman.

img_6788-jpg.1273278
You consistently have the coolest Schrades I've ever seen Paul; always a treat!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Your comment brought a memory to mind, that of my Dad going grouse hunting. We mostly only small game hunted growing up, squirrels and rabbits. But grouse that was Dads thing,come a morning with a bit of fresh snow and he would get ready. His brown canvas bird vest with orange across the shoulders, shells in the loops,a checked flannel shirt, jeans and his boots. He would reach into the gun cabinet and take out that sleek Fox side by side 12, stuff his vest with a couple ham or steak biscuits and step through the door into the cold. Only to step back inside to grab the old prince Albert can he used to drink from mountain springs,give us a sheepish grin for having forgot it again, then be off for the day. I've shot many squirrels with him,we've kicked out many rabbits for one another, but I've only been with him once for grouse. Like I said its his thing, it's his time to reconnect with himself.
Klmcjva.jpg

Not my Dad's knife,but very representative of the knives I've seen him clean many squirrels,rabbits, and grouse.

Great post David :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Much thanks, Jack. Your beautiful Hartshead is safe with those guntotters.

Thank you Harvey, the illustration is from Ingrid Strobl's book Partisanas, Women in the Armed Resistance to Fascism and German Occupation (1936-1945) :thumbsup:

Robeson Cutlery Rochester(1917-1939) Ebony EO Boys’ Jack. Maiden Voyage.
View attachment 1273576

View attachment 1273583

View attachment 1273584

Very nice Robeson my friend, congratulations :) :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly Jack!!! I think we are synced at opposite ends of the sleep cycle.o_O:thumbsup:
Another greatly creative shot of your HHB; cool WWII era poster image for the background!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes indeed JJ, last out and first in! :D It's a little bizarre since I don't think either of us post at precisely the same time each day :) Thank you very much for the kind words :thumbsup:

Thought I'd go with this GEC made Schrade trapper for Tuesday. :)

It's the only traditional I have with an interesting flush tang, kinda cool. :cool:

Beautiful JJ, I love those square and clean joints :thumbsup:

Morning folks, or evening, or whatever :D Carrying these two today, my Hartshead Barlow, and a little Solar Jack for my Random Tuesday choice :) :thumbsup:

429wAT5.jpg

EsNytLv.jpg

Back