What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I wandered through Wooden Wednesday with this Loveless-like hunter by Leonard Corlee and this barlow-esque easy opener by Michael Manrow. I had to field dress an apple with the Corlee. As you can see from the reflections in the blades, we enjoyed a bunch of blue sky today

puer86t.jpg

Aq5zYge.jpg

- Stuart

Thanks guys, yep went to trim the edge of a piece of luan overlaying subflooring. Only need a 1/16th to an 1/8th inch trimmed off so easier with a knife. What I didn't count on was the lanyard catching the corner when I went to make a second pass with the knife. Pulled it right out of my hand, slicing the tip of my ring finger. I'm just glad it only got one finger,I had just touched up the edge 5 minutes prior, least it was a clean cut:rolleyes: Use caution if you like fobs or lanyards o_O

David,

Pull cut. It cost me some bleedings to learn.

Dan.

Last edited:

Nice!

Thought I'd go with this GEC made Schrade trapper for Tuesday. :)

Clean and neat, JJ. Thanks for showing it.

Morning folks, or evening, or whatever :D Carrying these two today, my Hartshead Barlow, and a little Solar Jack for my Random Tuesday choice :) :thumbsup:

429wAT5.jpg

EsNytLv.jpg

Love the HHB, Jack, and that Solar is a real treat.

Ob6Pfgf.jpg

Couple of Queens today, #9 & #63, same frame different blades, one winterbottom bone one winterbottom delrin

David, now that I've gone back to look at this earlier post, I see what you meant.

Dropped these two in my pocket today. Hope y’all have a great day! :)

46780082965_91696fbdf5_o_d.jpg

Both lovely, Ron.

New to me ca. 1948 Queen #10 in Rogers bone. Still has factory edges and great snap.

BEnFALy.jpg

What a find, Steve!! Old Rogers jigging.

W:eek:W! That's a heck of a handle! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Your Bugs and Daffy battle was the perfect welcome back for Stuart! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks and thanks, I think, GT.

This easy pocket congress unicorn is in my pocket. I thought I was over thinking a knife is "too pretty to use" but I'm struggling. I'll cut something with it tomorrow, I'm sure.

Yep, r8shell, that's a fine looking knife. Congrats!

Watch Pocket Knife this week is an LF&C pen knife (thanks, Mark):
lf-c-deckrail-jpg.1274086

While I find the RR cotton sampler intriguing, that LF&C pen is gorgeous, GT.

Well done, Harvey. A very pleasant picture of a handsome old geny.

The absolute definition of mint; outstanding image of your Case lovely, Stuart!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, JJ.

Thanks Gary, that sounds like an interesting project :thumbsup:

Three Goodies there ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Having to rush a bit this morning, as I'm behind schedule, but I'm carrying my Hartshead Barlow, and the John Primble English Jack D Duckdog very generously gifted me recently :) :thumbsup:

wciaYCl.jpg

doLdu1C.jpg

A nice pairing, Jack. The Primble is greatly improved by the company that he is now keeping.

- Stuart

Last edited:
Carrying this dandy little Camillus pen knife today.

Today was the first time I ate an apple In probably 15 years if you can believe that, this little fella handled it like a champ.
A longer blade would have more appropriate but it wasn't a big deal.

Man them apples sure patina a blade fast don't they , I'll have to remember that.
Incredible for me, who cannot imagine a day without having an apple, or 3-4 to be more exact.

They sure make a very nice patina.
IMG-20200120-103414-2.jpg

Back