What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Well, I’m not quite sure, Jack.
I found it with my grandfather’s fishing tackle after he passed.
There are no markings on it, and outside of a brief inquiry here, I haven’t looked into it too much.

It’s a pretty plain, but solidly built, knife in a neat package. I’m assuming it’s some sort of sailor’s knife, with a sheepsfoot blade. The tool is triangular, and seems probably more fitting as a type of marlin spike, rather than a punch.

Carried it yesterday to MB ark my grandfather’s birthday, but thanks for getting me to keep it out, and carry it again today!

View attachment 1275257 View attachment 1275258 View attachment 1275259 View attachment 1275260 View attachment 1275261 View attachment 1275262 View attachment 1275263

Hey Mike. :)
Here is all the info: Antonini 22/2L electrician's knife, blade is hardened C67 HRC 54-56, spike is C50, bolsters are P02 iron, inner case is FE590 iron.
You do not have the optional shackle, and your knife is old enough that it may have some wood other than the Kotibe slabs that are on the current ones. So that just leaves the pivot pin material a mystery. ;)

I like that one you have. I am trying to track down the model 23/3L, blade, screwdriver, spike model. @Just Tom. and someone else posted pics of theirs recently. Tough, rough, and cheap, purposebuilt work knives like that really appeal to me. :thumbsup:

Michael

Last edited:
Hey Mike. :)
Here is all the info: Antonini 22/2L electrician's knife, blade is hardened C67 HRC 54-56, spike is C50, bolsters are P02 iron, inner case is FE590 iron.
You do not have the optional shackle, and your knife is old enough that it may have some wood other than the Kotibe slabs that are on the current ones. So that just leaves the pivot pin material a mystery. ;)

I like that one you have. I am trying to track down the model 23/3L, blade, screwdriver, spike model. @Just Tom. and someone else posted pics of theirs recently. Tough, rough, and cheap, purposebuilt work knives like that really appeal to me. :thumbsup:

Michael
Wow, thank you! I am very grateful for that information! I’m going to have look in to their newer version - such a great knife. Would you have any guess to it’s age, or know if this is something he would have gotten in the US, or would have had to pick up in Italy? Thanks again!

I’m pocketing a couple of Northfields today. I’ve got a Stag #35 Churchill and a Jigged Bone #93 Original Ram Foot. Y’all have a great Friday! :) :thumbsup:

49459547928_c8d5ffb842_o_d.jpg

Mighty fine lookin' Churchill!

E.C. Chambers

15500027415_c9116b1d9c_b.jpg

That is a fascinating knife! The handles are super interesting -- they remind me of charred firewood.

Camillus #66 and #74 Stallion today

BEPozSs.jpg

Love that Camillus! Classy and strong.

For Old Friends Friday, I pulled out these two to tote: Queen #20 toothpick (1949-1958) and Schatt & Morgan equal end pen (1902-1928).

7WDz900.jpg

vozygiK.jpg

dRGwgnr.jpg

- Stuart

That S&M tipped pen is quite the looker!

6 years of searching and its finally mine! A 1 of 5 :D

ufzHnCA.jpg

Congrats; that looks like a super knife!

Wow, thank you! I am very grateful for that information! I’m going to have look in to their newer version - such a great knife. Would you have any guess to it’s age, or know if this is something he would have gotten in the US, or would have had to pick up in Italy? Thanks again!

I could only guess. I know there was an outfit in the USA selling them, the folks who ran it have retired.

@5K Qs Thanks!:thumbsup::thumbsup: That’s funny I was just in TSC getting a new air compressor. They still have a little knife display probably 10ish case knives then the rest modern! Well shoot I was hoping you new of some top secret knife show I haven’t been able to find!:D:p I too frequented the old show! The new one is off of alpine and 3mile I think? More room and cleaner! I would check it out! There is an older couple normally in the back of the show. They normally have a pretty big selection of random slipjoints and a lot of older case knives! I picked up a cripple creek barlow from them.
28ZTarP.jpg
A lot nice finds! You’ve done pretty good! Can’t beat a stag? Peanut! These two again today!
uKssRES.jpg

D Duckdog - Much thanks, Stuart. A great set of “yellers.” Your Monroe Hardware knife has a great vintage look to it.

I'll just watch you tote yours, Stuart; you tote trappers much better than I do (and the trappers you tote are usually better than mine)! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Great shot of the jigging on that one, very nice!

That S&M tipped pen is quite the looker!

D Duckdog - The jigging on your S&M sleeveboard pen is exquisite, Stuart.

Thanks, guys.
- Stuart

Two classics JJ :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone has had a good week :) Carrying my Hartshead Barlow, and Charlie's big Black Jack today :thumbsup:
rM13XsC.jpg

NtbybH9.jpg
Thanks Jack!!! Stunning pair for you today; one from you and one with your name on it (kinda:))!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Eye-catching 5-blade, JJ! I really like those Bulldog tang stamps! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks a lot Gary; they are pretty cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Wonderful image of your Otter anchor messer Gary!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
E.C. Chambers
15500027415_c9116b1d9c_b.jpg
That's a fabulous old jack Gev; lovely image, too!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
That's enough trapper for a month of Tuesdays, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
I don't think I've ever seen joints like that in person.
Thanks again Gary!!! It's certainly a robust trapper (8-9 pull) with an interesting bolster/tang relationship:eek:
Breakfast of Champions.
38010807-71f3-464f-939d-6fd64fd9d79f-jpeg.1275416

Ebony WCLF
235791ac-da03-4420-a99b-bf83ebfd27f4-jpeg.1275417
Looks like an awesome way to start the day, Harvey; great images too!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Very cool lineup of totes today Gary; you have all the bases covered with three to spare!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back