What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Going with a couple of Schrades for Saturday. :)
Fantastic !! Made me get out a Schrade :)

Wow...what a knife !

Laguioles, all stag today.
arU1Hdm.jpg

Pile side,
yqVKFqV.jpg

Beautiful trio !!!

The 62 Easy Pocket top , is out and about again today. Shown here with its close relative the 13 Clerk, very different knives. The 62 really has astounded me in all ways, hope to get an SFO too but you can't bank on it ;) The word pocket-knife is entirely apt.

8DGrmqM.jpg

Nice comparison shot. Mine arrived yesterday and we're just getting to know each other, but liking it so far. Also have the unicorn ivory on the way that I'm excited for. Paired with the Little Creek for today.

7XearPp.jpg

I hope you're breathing much easier by now, Dean. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
- GT

Thank you, Gary! I had a rough week because of the way to strong meds they gave me, but I am much better now.

A whole new meaning for "Blue Monday", Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Prestigious pair, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

Thank you for your comments, Gary.

[QUOTE="5K Qs, post: 19531044, member: 385663"
Congrats on the new Black Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
I used to occasionally stop at the Tractor Supply in Hudsonville to check out their knife display, but I don't think I ever bought a knife there. I'm not aware of knife shows other than the Grand Rapids Gun & Knife Show that comes around 3 or 4 times a year lately. I haven't been to that since they moved to the north side of town, so I don't know if it's different than when it was on 28th Street. I attended it several times in the old location, and even though it's much more about guns than knives, as you noted, I've bought some knives I like at that show. These all came from there (also a Vic Champion and a Vic Huntsman, not pictured):
View attachment 1275484
View attachment 1275485
View attachment 1275486
View attachment 1275487
View attachment 1275488
View attachment 1275489
View attachment 1275490

Thanks, Dean. :)

- GT[/QUOTE]

A quality selection of knives you obtained from your knife show, visits, Gary. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

I've always admired those Ankermessers, Gary! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
And I fell for your horse question hook, line, and sinker! :eek::rolleyes::D
- GT

Thanks Gary and that's one of my favourite asks, I keep one of those quarters with a horse on the back just so I can pose that question, and yes, people usually groan once they here my reply ;)
but, they do think it's funny.
G2

I sure like the looks of those Wart Hog /War Hawk SAKs, and I should get some little pliers to supplement the 4" adjustable wrench I've been carrying for several months. You've got a nice set-up! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Thank you GT, the warthog is a borrowed from my son. We got it for him this past Christmas. I thought it was pretty cool. I ordered a small tinker that should be delivered today. Those knipex pliers are pretty nice, I like them so far. Everything carries pretty nice so far. I'm still in the experimental stage right now we'll see how it goes.

View attachment 1275913

Beautiful Esky Zulu @Frailer ! That is the only pattern that I would like to add to my collection that I have not been able to even get close to.

@Old Hunter , sounds like you will have a great day! I really enjoy your hunting and fishing posts.

Thanks Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley , This scrimshaw work was done by Linda Layden. She is very talented, and I thought the shape of the 78 would be a great platform for her art.
This is amazing.

Back