What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Great minds think alike.
vL7OakM.jpg
Definitely, Dave.:thumbsup:

@5K Qs - GT, that modded Opinel is Ooh La La.

Hey Mike. :)
Here is all the info: Antonini 22/2L electrician's knife, blade is hardened C67 HRC 54-56, spike is C50, bolsters are P02 iron, inner case is FE590 iron.
You do not have the optional shackle, and your knife is old enough that it may have some wood other than the Kotibe slabs that are on the current ones. So that just leaves the pivot pin material a mystery. ;)

I like that one you have. I am trying to track down the model 23/3L, blade, screwdriver, spike model. @Just Tom. and someone else posted pics of theirs recently. Tough, rough, and cheap, purposebuilt work knives like that really appeal to me. :thumbsup:

Michael
The depth of knowledge around here keeps surprising me. :thumbsup:

Odd things sometimes pop into my brain.
For some reason, I’m remembering finding that big chocolate bunny in my Easter basket and discovering it was hollow...:(:D

A rapturous trio of vintage dark-jigged multiblades, JJ!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thank you very much Gary!!!
Fantastic !! Made me get out a Schrade :)
Thank you Gev; Schrade really had a great history!!!
My deerless deer season is over, so I'm totin' this one just for the memories of days outdoors enjoying the the scenery.

NodXyRN.jpg

GsJFL1F.jpg

gvWq4i8.jpg

ONXdKSW.jpg
That has to be the most intricate folding hunter I've yet seen; quite magnificent Stuart!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Both Schrades are sharp, but I can’t tear my eyes of the color and detailing of your Barlow.
Thank you kindly good Sir!!!
Marvelous shot of your HHB Harvey; you have great taste in both cutlery and bakeries!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
That whittler is unique, to me at least.
I think that this particular whittler iteration was only made by Camillus?:)

Gorgeous pair and picture thereof, JJ.
Thank you very kindly Stuart!!!

Alox of the Week is a silver Vic Farmer (thanks, Tom):
farmer-silver-mark-vsaw-stringer-jpg.1276315

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Recruit:
recruit-casio-jpg.1276316

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Colonial Forest-Master, my first ever knife from about 1960:
f-m-mark-vopen-backyard-jpg.1276319

International Knife of the Week is a modified Opinel #8 (thanks, Dave):
opinel-8-jpg.1276321

Great multi-task lineup today Gary; I'm a sucker for a great old scout but your Opinel Mod is just cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The depth of knowledge around here keeps surprising me. :thumbsup:

I happened to run across info on that knife on the manufacturers website. I was researching another model. I will only take credit for recognising the knife from Mike's post. Cool knife. :thumbsup: I was just parroting what I read in the 'specs'.
I have admit though, that I very was happy to pass on the info, and be the one to identify the knife. :)

View attachment 1276122

We have been having a great discussion about old Case Jigged Red Bone on the thread entitled, “Case red bone pictures.” I wonder why this color is so hard to produce currently. Charlie C alluded to a possibility that I have read about before: those old dyes were toxic! Anyone know anything about that?

LT, Fabulous foursome of redbones! OH

VERY nice Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words, Jack. :) My "checkering project" would be even more interesting if I actually went beyond the planning stage. :rolleyes:
HHB against the blue sky is very cheerful, and that Primble is primo! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thank you Gary, that sounds like a lot of my projects :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Yes I reuse parchment paper. And my 29.
gVKvg2K.jpg
eqxo3Z0.jpg

Fab pics Dave :) :thumbsup:

Spent the afternoon in friends' flat, just the other side of the street (and 6 floors higher).
View attachment 1275523

Just planning your next Parkour route Alain? ;) Great pic my friend :thumbsup:

This one today :

And for a brief period of time , this one

Harry

Those two go together beautifully Harry :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack!!! Stunning pair for you today; one from you and one with your name on it (kinda:))!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Going with a couple of Schrades for Saturday. :)

Thanks JJ :D Fantastic pair of Schrades there :cool: :thumbsup:

Cold, rainy day, glad I signed up for the Saltwater Sportsman Magazine fishing school in New Bern for today. Going to carry this "fishing knife" with me (well, it's been fishing!) Hopefully I will learn some great tips and tricks today. OH

GEC-661317-Calf-Roper-fishing.jpg

Cool pic, hope you're having a great time :thumbsup:

View attachment 1275913

Beautiful Esky Zulu @Frailer ! That is the only pattern that I would like to add to my collection. However, I have not been able to even get close to getting one.

Old Hunter Old Hunter , sounds like you will have a great day! I really enjoy your hunting and fishing posts.

Thanks @Gary W. Graley , This scrimshaw work was done by Linda Layden. She is very talented, and I thought the shape of the 78 would be a great platform for her art.

That's some really nice work :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. I assume you're speaking of my knives; if you were describing me, I think a visit to the optometrist is in order for you! :D:thumbsup::D

Thanks, Jack. :)
A superb pairing for you, and you sure got some superior photos of your HHB on that sun-bathed greenish branch! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

LOL! :D I do need to get some new specs :D Thanks for the kind words pal :thumbsup:

Great minds think alike.
vL7OakM.jpg

Superb pics guys :) :thumbsup:

A pocketful of pleasure that you are totin' there, Jack.

Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

Alox of the Week is a silver Vic Farmer (thanks, Tom):
View attachment 1276315

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Recruit:
View attachment 1276316

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Colonial Forest-Master, my first ever knife from about 1960:
View attachment 1276319

International Knife of the Week is a modified Opinel #8 (thanks, Dave):
View attachment 1276321

- GT

Great line-up Gary, I had my Farmer with me yesterday :thumbsup:

Thought I'd go with this Puma stag hunter I grabbed in the early 80s. :)

Good grab JJ :D :) :thumbsup:

I had some adventures yesterday, so it's taken me a while to catch up, but I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend. I've had these two (Hartshead Barlow and Winchester Bull-Head) with me (plus my Vic Farmer yesterday) :) :thumbsup:

8MXo9nH.jpg

BitTByR.jpg

Back