What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

My two TRADITIONAL :rolleyes: game day carries for this Super Bowl Sunday! :D I’ve got a Case Bose Coffin Jack with Damascus and a Waynorth Jigged Bone Lambsfoot. :thumbsup:

49477557757_2800ee0096_o_d.jpg
Awe inspiring duo....wow...wow !!

The ultimate lunch time sandwich cutter. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, John. :) I couldn't pass up that Old Timer with the serrated sheepsfoot, especially when it came with a deck of cards with Schrade knife pics on them! :thumbsup:;)

View attachment 1275241 View attachment 1275242

No, I am not a 49’ers fan. But I sure do love a nice alox Pioneer, especially with the Old Cross. I am going to tote the red one this weekend. Swiss engineering amazes me. There are a lot of years between these two knives, yet they are virtually identical.
That's an attractive Old Cross red Pioneer, LT! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

The old Eagle jumbo cigar jack, and my main user Camillus TL-29.View attachment 1275272

5K Qs 5K Qs ~ yes, mostly! Thank you for asking, sir!
Great Black Friday duo, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Glad to hear that you're almost fit as a fiddle again. :)

E.C. Chambers
Breathtaking, Gev! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs They were originally called carpenters knives by Camillus and later called Whittlers.
Thanks for the info, Steve. :)

It’ll take a lot more than a fancy compliment to get me to talk:confused:
Ah, be careful what you say
Or you'll give yourself away
:D

Thank you, Gary ! Secret agent man...:eek::rolleyes: now its playing in my head...lol
Now... It's in my head too. :confused::eek::D
At least it's not likely to last long, since we know that:
With every move he makes another chance he takes
Odds are he won't live to see tomorrow
:eek::p

I decided to pull out a long-uncarried knife from the knife drawer today, so this nice, flat Case Sod Buster Jr. in Amber Bone SS is along for the ride:
These two are pretty much with me every day. Peanut in the watch pocket and the Cadet in my backpack. I am sure I have posted this before, but it is pretty much what I carry every day:
Impressive trio, John; always good to see your Peanut/Cadet EDC! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Camillus #66 and #74 Stallion today
That's a fetching white/black pairing, Steve! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Going to at least start the day with an old Camillus.
Your Camillus cattle knife is captivating! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Pulled this one out for the afternoon.
W:eek:W! That smooth white bone Waynorth Cutlery Lambsfoot is a rare treasure, I'll bet! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

For Old Friends Friday, I pulled out these two to tote: Queen #20 toothpick (1949-1958) and Schatt & Morgan equal end pen (1902-1928).

7WDz900.jpg

- Stuart
Your tip-bolstered S&M pen with the glorious jigged bone covers is making me feverish, Stuart! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

6 years of searching and its finally mine! A 1 of 5 :D
Congrats on tracking that one down! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I admire your patience and persistence!

5K Qs 5K Qs Thanks!:thumbsup::thumbsup: That’s funny I was just in TSC getting a new air compressor. They still have a little knife display probably 10ish case knives then the rest modern! Well shoot I was hoping you new of some top secret knife show I haven’t been able to find!:D:p I too frequented the old show! The new one is off of alpine and 3mile I think? More room and cleaner! I would check it out! There is an older couple normally in the back of the show. They normally have a pretty big selection of random slipjoints and a lot of older case knives! I picked up a cripple creek barlow from them. A lot nice finds! You’ve done pretty good! Can’t beat a stag? Peanut! These two again today!...
That Barlow is a beauty! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for the info on the new location of the local gun&knife show; I've planned to go several times, but something else always interferes. When I first started going to the show, I had almost no knives, so it was easy for me to find interesting stuff. I have my annual knife budget set pretty low, so I usually take very little cash with me to the show to prevent me from making too many impulse buys. When I found that stag peanut, I had to get creative to come up with the cash, including raiding my roll of quarters I carry for bus fare! :rolleyes:
In December, my wife gave me a birthday gift certificate to the Lake Odessa Antique Mall; she says they have a lot of knives there, but I haven't gone yet, so I can't really give you any accurate info. Rylee's Hardware in GR (both locations, I think) is a Case Silver Dealer; I know the store near Michigan and Fuller has quite a knife display (more moderns than traditional, though).

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT! What a splendid assortment of sharps.
Very cool lineup of totes today Gary; you have all the bases covered with three to spare!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, Harvey & JJ. :) I wasn't actually carrying all those this week, I was just giving @Anothername a photo display of some of my finds at our local gun&knife show. :cool::thumbsup:

Going with a couple of Schrades for Saturday. :)
Magnificent pair of Schrade, JJ! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (The blade etches seem to promise more than they can deliver, though. :D)

The 62 Easy Pocket top , is out and about again today. Shown here with its close relative the 13 Clerk, very different knives. The 62 really has astounded me in all ways, hope to get an SFO too but you can't bank on it ;) The word pocket-knife is entirely apt.
Elegant pair, Will! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

View attachment 1275913
Thanks @Gary W. Graley , This scrimshaw work was done by Linda Layden. She is very talented, and I thought the shape of the 78 would be a great platform for her art.
Stunning scrimshaw, LT! :eek::cool::cool:

I’m carrying these two Stags today. I’ve got my #35 Stag Churchill (again) and my Jack Black Jack Black SFO Ashley’s Choice Lambsfoot. Y’all have a great day! :)
Striking stag selections, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Today with this Spanish utility Joker Braco, in stag.;):thumbsup:
... ...
Regal Joker stag lockback, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Back