What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I am trying something different today.

I left my benchmade in my bag and am experimenting with this gec h20 in its place to fulfill the same role as a one hand accessible for beater/hard use things that I don't want to do with my nice vintage folders. It has one of those CK sheaths with a clip so I just clipped it to the inside of my front right pocket.

IMG_6900.JPG

Last edited:
These two for a rainy and possibly stormy, Wednesday! :)

48574513506_e0b634197e_o_d.jpg

Thanks Ron, right back at ya my friend :) Hope the weather doesn't get too bad there :thumbsup:

Love the deep jigging, red bone, and pinched bolsters on your #66. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks John, I really like the #66 frame :)

I have a Lambsfoot in pocket every day...
I'm pairing it with the Queen Single Serpentine today.

Great choice :cool: :thumbsup:

View attachment 1278075 View attachment 1278074 It’s Whittler Wednesday, good day to wield a favorited pair: 72 Camillus Whittler in BSA garb, and 43.
A couple of days in the 40’s melted the snow off my knife posing rocks, but more is supposedly on the way tonight.

Nice pairing Jeff :thumbsup:

Great knives, and can't help but comment on that Casio as well. My Dad passed a few years ago, still wearing his for more years than I do can remember. Had no interest in his (expensive) company retirement watch. After he passed, my daughter bought me the same model Casio and I wear it every day.
I've found those inexpensive Casios to be reliable watches, and what really amazes me is the last one I bought (maybe 4 years ago?) cost only a couple more bucks than the first one I got before 1980. :eek::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you! Definitely a smart idea to not bring much cash to those shows! Heck I should start leaving my wallet home:D:eek:
Even tho it is mostly modern knives I think rylee’s has the biggest knife selection around! I’ve started calling it the “knife store”.:D I’ll have to check out that antique mall sometime I never new it existed! You’ll probably beat me to it tho it’s about an hour from the house so try to save me atleast one or two!:p:D
I don't know when I'll get to the antique mall, but I think it's open only Wed/Sat/Sun. I don't think you have to worry about me getting more than one or two of whatever knives they have, and I tend to go for the old Imperials and Colonials. ;)

Starting the week out with one of my favorite GECs, the American jack. :)
Carrying these two today. A small Wright’s Sambar Lambsfoot and a Northfield Jigged Bone #78 single spear. :)

49483889556_c938fec3ea_o_d.jpg
There are a few of us carrying these 78's today . I usually like to carry my 38 with it .

Harry
A couple of Northfields today

GiesbD0h.jpg
JJ, Ron, Harvey, and Steve, what the heck is going on?? Are you all part of some cosmic conspiracy to get me addicted to that GEC 78 jack with the gorgeous checkered bone? :eek::D
What a bunch of beauties! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: If I had to "pick my poison", I'd opt for the 2-blade version. :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend :) Pairing these two again today :thumbsup:
IMHO, your stag Hartshead Barlow SFO and Charlie's jigged bone lambsfoot SFO are a pair of instant classic lambsfoots, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you put enough Tapatio (hot sauce) on, anything would taste good. ;):D
:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Taking these two for a spin today.
View attachment 1277071
Rick, that Cover 1-blade canoe is a gem!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Camillus #17 and a #72 in Rogers bone today
Resplendent pair of Camillus knives, Steve! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

These two today: red and blue and black and white. Case mini copperhead and mini copperlock.

View attachment 1277084
Case Texas Jack and Medium stockman.

View attachment 1277707
Splendid pair of elegant Case "copper__s", as well as a pair of Case classic "top sellers", Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Yes indeed... Shakira did not disappoint. ;)
I'm also glad Andy Reid won the Game. :cool::thumbsup:
:thumbsup::)

I suppose it is time to say goodbye to the winter-that-never-was. Like @r8shell has mentioned I was hoping for at least one good freeze to zap some of the bugs...
We've had a very mild winter SO FAR in Michigan, but I'm not going to "fall for" that and wave winter bye-bye; still a couple of months left for winter to land a knockout punch or two! :(

An old MAM from Portugal.;):thumbsup:

Very cool, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool: How old is that one?

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. That’s a beautiful mod on the Opinel.
5K Qs 5K Qs - Your Spanish Laguiole Hunter has a great vintage look.
Thanks Gary!!! I believe they are among the oldest German cutler and they really have focused on procuring nice stag over the years.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Very nice first foursome of February; your wonderful "Toledo Laguiole" looks like quite a stout fellow!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the positive "reviews", Harvey & JJ. The Laguiole hunter from my daughter is almost certainly a cheap Spanish import to Spain by Martinez Albainox, but she's apparently developed some skill in picking out solid, well-made examples. :)

Sheldon Lamb Foot friction folder(Sheffield)from Current/Albert Oates
View attachment 1277231
I always enjoy seeing that unique pattern, Harvey. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Is the background a broom?

This great Stag Tobacco Bulldog arrived today. I love the Stag on the Mark and Pile sides as well as the "arched" Bar shield, deep grooved (threaded?) bolsters, matchstrike pulls and even the TOBACCO etch on the main:thumbsup: Fit n Finish is stellar:cool:
Congrats on that Bulldog stag congress, Paul! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

All nice Gary but man I like that blue ALOX:thumbsup:
Love your blue alox Pruner, Gary! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, Paul & Dean. :) Blue Alox always looks better lying on a white slide rule! :D

I like this Camillus trapper for Tuesday, with their great old carbon blades from Sharon Steel. :)...
Intriguing firemen's trapper, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Think you'll have your cutting chores covered there Gary :) :thumbsup:
Morning folks, pairing my Hartshead Barlow with a random grab out of the knife drawer, a Brookes & Crookes Angler's Knife :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :) My carries remind me of "nuclear overkill" during the Cold War in the sense that I carry enough knives to cover my cutting chores many times over. :rolleyes: (Except for food prep, a Vic Classic probably would more than cover my cutting chores most days.)

Hey~thanks, Gary!
Yes, for decorative purposes...it sits on the piano.

They are well made, and I like the looks ~ yes sir. And thanks!
Emil Voos emigrated to the US and made his knives here, according to something I read. I’ll look for it.

Edit~ here it is: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_forum/viewtopic.php?t=58080
Thanks for the hymn info and the Voos info, Jeff. :)

Lucky find on the Exchange. 2006 Chambriard, Le Thiers Stag Compagnon.
View attachment 1277767

View attachment 1277769

View attachment 1277770
Congrats on the ravishing stag Laguiole, Harvey! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks GT! I feel spoiled right now :). I waited a looooooooooong time for my two favorite teams to climb their respective mountains (35 years for the Blues, 28 years for the Chiefs), and within 8 months they have both reached the summit. In fact I am a little unsure how to feel, certainly lucky. I'll happily carry some black and gold for your Tigers should the occasion arise :D
Enjoy the feeling while you can, Tom! :thumbsup::thumbsup::) I don't think the Tigers and I will need your services any time soon. :rolleyes:

- GT

Jack Black Jack Black Thanks Jack! :)

JJ, Ron, Harvey, and Steve, what the heck is going on?? Are you all part of some cosmic conspiracy to get me addicted to that GEC 78 jack with the gorgeous checkered bone? :eek::D
What a bunch of beauties! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: If I had to "pick my poison", I'd opt for the 2-blade version. :)
Gary, I’m glad I can do my small part as an enabler whenever possible! :) :thumbsup:

IMHO, your stag Hartshead Barlow SFO and Charlie's jigged bone lambsfoot SFO are a pair of instant classic lambsfoots, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :) My carries remind me of "nuclear overkill" during the Cold War in the sense that I carry enough knives to cover my cutting chores many times over. :rolleyes: (Except for food prep, a Vic Classic probably would more than cover my cutting chores most days.)

Thank you Gary, that's very kind :)

LOL! Great analogy my friend :D You never know when a serious cutting opportunity might present itself. Be prepared, be vigilant! :D ;) :thumbsup:

I don't know when I'll get to the antique mall, but I think it's open only Wed/Sat/Sun. I don't think you have to worry about me getting more than one or two of whatever knives they have, and I tend to go for the old Imperials and Colonials.
Cant go wrong there!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup: Being only 24 I can’t wait for a time if it even happens we’re you start seeing GECs kind of regularly in antique stores! Black jack and the 78 today!
k7FEBIh.jpg

Thank you kindly, JJ. Your Le Thiers is not only beautiful, but the Juniper wood has a delightful peppery aroma.

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Your 66 Stockman has so many nicely detailed flourishes. Very kind and thoughtful gift from Duncan.

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you kindly, GT. Yes, it is a broom.:) You have a sweet collection.

Prester John Prester John - “Sweet dreams are made of this.” What a a fine image, Vince.

Last edited:
Back