What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Simple and honest, two trappers to tote on a rainy Tuesday.

k1ri5sk.jpg

- Stuart

Yeah, been a lot of flooding roundabouts, and it's still pretty nasty outside. I'm glad I live on a hill! :eek: :thumbsup: Thank you very much my friend, a couple of beautiful Trappers there :) :thumbsup:

My meeting today has just been cancelled due to the inclement weather, but I reckon I'll be able to find plenty to do :rolleyes: Carrying my Hartshead Barlow yet again, along with my Random Tuesday Hongjie 'SuperKnife' ;) Have a good day folks :thumbsup:

e6gDXNK.jpg

DJW4iWs.jpg
Thank you Jack!!! Great to hear your on high ground!:thumbsup:
Very nice pairing with your HHB; cool looking cover pattern on your Hongjie!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Charming couple of dark spearpoint jacks, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Lambsfoot of the Week is a 2017 Guardians horn lambsfoot SFO that I named Lam Jack:
jan18-gl-pile-closed-bht-jpg.1281856

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a JJ Martinez stag navaja de campaña:
campana-stag-mark-open-jpg.1281861

Peanut-ish Knife of the Week is a Chinese 18OT Mighty Mite linerlock:
18ot-mark-open-jpg.1281862
Very nice slicer trifecta; fantastic horn covers on your lamb, as well!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Random Roulette

12153325056_11c02f7afd_b.jpg
Beautiful covers on your wonderful Beekman, Gev!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you JJ. Those are are couple of swell trappers.
Thanks Harvey!!!
Ebony LF SFO
f98b71f7-acc5-4540-8de8-fb0a59c7eef5-jpeg.1282276
Amazing photo of your ebony lamb; natures perfect perch!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've come full circle from inexpensive (think Douk-Douk) to more than I ever imagined spending (GEC) to full customs and now back to this wonder by Rough Ryder.View attachment 1281875

That's a great-looking knife Alan :cool: :thumbsup:

I'm just watching it rain some more today! There is a lot of flooding locally. The Tennessee River system has so much water flow to handle through the dams that TVA has shut down all barge travel until at least Friday. For someone that grew up 100 yards from the edge of a local river that feeds into the Tennessee River, it is almost unheard of for them to shut down the barge traffic. I'm keeping it simple today. Y'all stay dry! :)

48753962632_6869062153_o.jpg

Stay safe Ron :thumbsup:

Random Roulette

12153325056_11c02f7afd_b.jpg

Beekman sleeveboard 4 in.
Anglo Saxon

http://www.knifecollector.net/PocketKnifePatterns.html

Nice choice by the Gods of Fate Gev ;) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. You have an interesting pair today. I have never seen one like your Hongjie before.

Thanks Dean, I enjoyed carrying the Hongjie, and thankfully didn't get have any health embroidery issues ;) :D :thumbsup:

Who is the manufacturer? It appears to be exactly the same type of knife I used to carry as a preschooler. I found it in a drawer of my desk at my parents house. (Check out the elaborate lanyard I made for it at age of 6!)
1.jpg

2.jpg

When my father saw it after all those years, he bragged about having plenty of those in his workshop. I went to investigate. He didn't exaggerate. He does havequite a collection:
IMG-7104-JPG-big.jpg

I believe it is the very same motiff as yours on the far left.
3.jpg

4.jpg

These are made by Sandrik and Mikov.

I'd say go for it. The red, Victorinoxesque knife you see on the first picture in this post is the very knife I got from my dad for my 7th birthday. As you can see I used the heck of it. It has been withe on all my boy adventures, trips, camps (was in my pocket when I kissed a girl for the first time) etc. right until I was 20, when I finally was feeling comfortable putting forward the money to buy my first real Victorinox. And I still have it (yes, I did loose it about twice) and it is my most precious knife and would be last to go. How much cooler it would be if it were a GEC knife?

Fascinating post! :cool: Those Mikov knives look worthy of further exploration :) The pictures on the handles are very similar to the ones used by Richards of Sheffield, which were original designs, sometimes hand-painted, but they are slightly different. I'm guessing they were produced in the 1960's, in former Czechoslovakia, would that fit with when your father bought them? Fantastic that you have the knives from your boyhood too :cool: :thumbsup:

Black and White, big and small for me today.

q9lUEUO.jpg

Those two look fab together Dylan :cool: :thumbsup:

Nicely aged 2015 Micarta Northfield Barlow and Gunmetal Gray Alox Soldier:thumbsup:
wLlRuI.jpg

Nice pairing Paul :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Cool Hongjie.:thumbsup:

Thanks Harvey, good-looking Lambsfoot there my friend :thumbsup:

Simple and honest, two trappers to tote on a rainy Tuesday.

k1ri5sk.jpg

- Stuart

Nice pic Stuart :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack!!! Great to hear your on high ground!:thumbsup:
Very nice pairing with your HHB; cool looking cover pattern on your Hongjie!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A couple wood covered totes from GEC for Wednesday. :)

Thank you very much JJ, it finally stopped raining this morning! Another great-looking pair there :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hard to compete with a 'Super Knife', but today I'm pairing my pocket-hogging Hartshead Barlow with a #44 Gunstock ;) :thumbsup:

EIZ12ch.jpg

Fkqeblv.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty Peanut pic, Jon! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thirdly, based in the reflection in the blade of the hunter, don’t even look- just run!
:D:p:thumbsup:

A well-worn High Carbon cattle knife, and the first TL-29 I ever mangled up. In micarta with a modded utility blade. Homely but extremely sharp and sturdy.View attachment 1281307View attachment 1281308 View attachment 1281306
Really like that blade mod, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I've always thought turning that locking screwdriver into a short sharp blade would make an excellent whittling knife.

Eureka Jack and a Kutmaster

wpauCFa.jpg
First time this winter that snow looked nice to me, Steve! :rolleyes: Very kool Kutmaster! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

These two today.

Glad to see the honeymoon is not over, Tom! ;):cool::cool:

Just received this stag teardrop by @Jeffery mitchell and it dove right in my pocket. View attachment 1281422
Congrats on acquiring another sensational stag model, Alan! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

This little knife just arrived all the way from Sweden. I couldn't resist its charm and I just had to buy it.
It's not a particularly well-built knife, but it sure is fun to look at and it reminds me of knives I had as a kid. :cool::thumbsup:

That's an enjoyable find, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great to see that old Ulster Barlow again, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I like looking at your knives, Harvey, but I'm uncomfortable with your TEW lambsfoot looking back at me! :eek::rolleyes: Is your RR buckshot bone teardrop new to you? Cool photo, and IMHO a grand knife! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (I have a 2-blade version from Colt before their demise.)

Bewitching bone and jigging on your Barlow!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

There’s no way I couldn’t carry this Ulster when I got home to find it in the mail, so forget what I posted earlier, this is what I’m packing now:):)

FB8-B0141-064-A-4-C98-A8-CF-EED41-C1-E6-E1-A.jpg
Congrats on the ultra-nice Ulster! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Outstanding pair of Lambsfoot SFOs, Taylor!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1281804 Hey all, long time no post.. finally dumped photo bucket and got a compressor app. This arrived today and got CF and CE quite a bit.
Welcome back, Drew. :) What an impressive "homecoming" knife and photo! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: I originally thought it was an 83, but you later IDed it as a 72; thanks for fixing my misconception.

Yeah, been a lot of flooding roundabouts, and it's still pretty nasty outside. I'm glad I live on a hill! :eek: :thumbsup: ...

My meeting today has just been cancelled due to the inclement weather, but I reckon I'll be able to find plenty to do :rolleyes: Carrying my Hartshead Barlow yet again, along with my Random Tuesday Hongjie 'SuperKnife' ;) Have a good day folks :thumbsup:
DJW4iWs.jpg
I hope there's a break in the weather soon, Jack; flooding is so destructive! :(
Dandy duo of knives for you today! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: The Super Knife is interesting; what is the handle material, "never health embroidery"?? :rolleyes:

Today in my pocket walks this old Portuguese of Martins - Palaçoulo.;):thumbsup:

Splendid old knife, José; I like the grain of the handle! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

A random pair for Tuesday:
7T0F27p.jpg

yuq31Zm.jpg
Intriguing choices, Rachel! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I've never seen anything like that bottom knife; it begs to have a wrench fit to its flat steel sections. ;)

It’s a nice light, slim and capable knife, Gary. Thanks for telling me the name!
It has the same grind as the very similar Florist ~ only one side is ground, the other is flat.
Thanks for the feedback, Jeff. :) I knew th model name, but I didn't know it had the same grind as the Florist.

Fab Threesome GT :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks for the supportive comment, Jack. :)

Sorry for the recycled photo, but finding this combo is working really well for my daily office carry :)

zDE85es.jpg

62 & Little Creek
Looks like a superb pair, Mike! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I know nothing about fixed blades (and intend to keep it that way ;)), but your new 62 sure is a champ!

That's a beauty, GT. :):thumbsup:
Thanks, John. :)

Your horn Lambsfoot is luminescent, Gary! :thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean. :) That SFO for Jack Black had many wonderful horn examples!

Such distinctive covers on that sheepsfoot TC Barlow, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Stay safe Ron :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hard to compete with a 'Super Knife', but today I'm pairing my pocket-hogging Hartshead Barlow with a #44 Gunstock ;) :thumbsup:

EIZ12ch.jpg

Fkqeblv.jpg
We’re in the eye of the storm so to speak this morning. It’s actually not raining now. However, we have more heavy rain and possibly damaging wind later this evening. :( Your Stag Hartshead and Ebony #44 make an attractive and versatile pairing Jack! :thumbsup:

View attachment 1282091 View attachment 1282092

Another old survivor from the 60’s, like me.
Greg, that’s nice stag. Youngster.

Who is the manufacturer? It appears to be exactly the same type of knife I used to carry as a preschooler. I found it in a drawer of my desk at my parents house. (Check out the elaborate lanyard I made for it at age of 6!)
1.jpg

2.jpg

When my father saw it after all those years, he bragged about having plenty of those in his workshop. I went to investigate. He didn't exaggerate. He does havequite a collection:
IMG-7104-JPG-big.jpg

I believe it is the very same motiff as yours on the far left.
3.jpg

4.jpg

These are made by Sandrik and Mikov.
Great collection!

Thank you Jim, I agree about the Gunmetal, I've searched for a Pioneer/Farmer and Cadet to no avail. There are some Harvesters and a Farmer out there now but I won't pay those prices. Hopefully a re-release is in the cards;)
Same reaction I have whenever looking at ANY alox.:oops:
:thumbsup:Great redbone!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Intriguing choices, Rachel! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I've never seen anything like that bottom knife; it begs to have a wrench fit to its flat steel sections.
Thanks, GT. I wonder if it was a very modern, industrial looking design back when it was new? Lots of bolster for a very small knife. :)
IbbAxXI.jpg

Today, for both Wooden and Wharncliffe Wednesdays:
PjMvkBP.jpg

Back