What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I was ventilating a while back when I had just got my old remington scout (and looked for things to do with it) and was also drinking coffee. It's been a while since I've had coffee.

Show no mercy and never surrender to poor air flow while sipping that Java! Other stockmans want to be him, and pockets everywhere want to hold him ;)

buPA0zi.jpg

Glad to see the honeymoon is not over, Tom! ;):cool::cool:
- GT

Thanks GT! I think this Remington scout may be my favorite folding knife overall right now. I like it so much I had to hunt down a user version, which I should receive next month. I think I am going to oil it up and put it away for a while. Which I find hilarious, as I have always been a “no safe queens in my collection” type in the past. :)

These two today.

Great to see that old Ulster Barlow again, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Dean. :) That SFO for Jack Black had many wonderful horn examples!

Such distinctive covers on that sheepsfoot TC Barlow, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Thank you, Gary, for your effusive comments. :)

Watch Pocket Knife this week is a Colonial wireframe with clip/caplifter blade combo and "Formica" handle inlays (thanks, Dave):
View attachment 1282435

Big Knife this week is a Rough Rider fish knife that's perfect for picnics and BBQs; too bad they don't exist in Michigan in February (thanks, Mark):
View attachment 1282440

Miscellaneous Knife this week is a Case sawcut brown bone Barlow:
View attachment 1282443

- GT

A tremendous trio, Gary; your Colonial wireframe with (Formica inlays!!!) is really neat. :thumbsup:

Love the presidential! You have a fine example!

I miss my ebony, should have never let it go. I recently found a micarta but just wasnt the same so I moved it on. One of these days I'll find another ebony, mammoth would be acceptable as well I guess :D
Yeah, been looking for an Ebony one too. Not easy to find. Dean certainly has a nice dark one. Miss the days when they had regular ground & finished blades. Be patient.

Yeah, been looking for an Ebony one too. Not easy to find. Dean certainly has a nice dark one. Miss the days when they had regular ground & finished blades. Be patient.

Patience is the name of the game in knife collecting, so I have learned. I am hoping one of these days KSF does a vice president on the churchill frame.

I am still fairly new to this forum and not sure if a modern/traditional "fusion" knife is allowed in this thread. I picked up this beauty recently - it has a very nice fit/finish and strong but satisfying walk/talk. It does have a clip though but it's hidden.

MjLTTfr.jpg

Vf6Gt8Y.jpg

VO0wuUi.jpg

LionSteel Thrill Integral Slip Joint Knife
Overall length is 7" with a 3" Bohler M390 blade.
Bronze anodized Titanium slip joint. Designed by Michele Pensato.
Weighs 3.2 oz. Made in Italy.

Love the presidential! You have a fine example!

I miss my ebony, should have never let it go. I recently found a micarta but just wasnt the same so I moved it on. One of these days I'll find another ebony, mammoth would be acceptable as well I guess :D

Thank you, Jeff and Tim. The lighting makes the ebony look darker; in sunlight it has a brown/black look. The only dark black ebony knife I have is my 2015 Huckleberry Boy's Knife (Sheepfoot).

Back