What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Miscellaneous Knife this week is a Case sawcut brown bone Barlow:
sawcutcv-mark-2open-shade-jpg.1282443

I particularly love this knife, Gary.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1282084
A. Wright lambsfoot and small tinker.
Looks like a dependable pair! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1282091 View attachment 1282092

Another old survivor from the 60’s, like me.
That's very nice! Here is a close cousin I happen to be carrying this week - 1965-69 #62131

hb6il4Q.jpg
Greg and Tim, those are a couple of captivating canoes!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Who is the manufacturer? It appears to be exactly the same type of knife I used to carry as a preschooler. I found it in a drawer of my desk at my parents house. (Check out the elaborate lanyard I made for it at age of 6!)
1.jpg

2.jpg

When my father saw it after all those years, he bragged about having plenty of those in his workshop. I went to investigate. He didn't exaggerate. He does havequite a collection:
IMG-7104-JPG-big.jpg

I believe it is the very same motiff as yours on the far left.
3.jpg

4.jpg

These are made by Sandrik and Mikov.

I'd say go for it. The red, Victorinoxesque knife you see on the first picture in this post is the very knife I got from my dad for my 7th birthday. As you can see I used the heck of it. It has been withe on all my boy adventures, trips, camps (was in my pocket when I kissed a girl for the first time) etc. right until I was 20, when I finally was feeling comfortable putting forward the money to buy my first real Victorinox. And I still have it (yes, I did loose it about twice) and it is my most precious knife and would be last to go. How much cooler it would be if it were a GEC knife?
Very interesting post! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I think it's amazing that you still have some of your earliest knives, and your father's collection of inexpensive "picture knives" is sensational! :thumbsup::):thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs - I heart Lam Jack.:)
Thanks, Harvey. :) Those 2017 Guardians lambsfoots sure had nice horn! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Admirable shot of your ebony in a knot! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Simple and honest, two trappers to tote on a rainy Tuesday.

k1ri5sk.jpg

- Stuart
Evocative photo, Stuart, for an old guy with lots of snippets of rock-and-roll lyrics bouncing around in his head. :cool::thumbsup::cool: The bottle had me singing "them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye, singin' this'll be the day that I die" and the two slender knives made me think of "You don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger, and you don't mess around with Slim." :rolleyes:

Very nice slicer trifecta; fantastic horn covers on your lamb, as well!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, JJ. :) Good wood choices for Wednesday; I especially like that osage orange 29! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Morning folks, hard to compete with a 'Super Knife', but today I'm pairing my pocket-hogging Hartshead Barlow with a #44 Gunstock ;) :thumbsup:

EIZ12ch.jpg

Fkqeblv.jpg
Powerful pair, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today this old Case XX mini trapper in stag is in my pocket.;):thumbsup:

Excellent "red" stag, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I’ve paired two with wood and straight edges for today. I’ve got a #47 Tidioute Osage Orange Viper Wharncliffe and a Jack Black SFO Lambsfoot with Damascus and Ironwood. :)

48092449472_d5fb2c4637_o_d.jpg
WCLF for Wooden Wednesday

I think I'll add the Hounds Tooth for Wharncliffe Wednesday
Outstanding pairs with wood and wharncliffes, Ron & John!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Schrade 94OT
R1EAdhB.jpg

BoSURot.jpg
Great pics of a classic trapper! :thumbsup::cool::cool: That model is about a quarter-inch shorter than most full-sized trappers, isn't it? That appeals to me.

Wednesday is a good day for wood.
Case trapper and Taylor’s Eye Witness~View attachment 1282412View attachment 1282413
Potent and practical pair, Jeff; really like that TEW lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Today is a day for the Ventilator! Scourge of takeout coffee cup lids wherever they may lurk!

cWHYSpK.jpg
I sometimes think, "What would I do with a punch on a knife?" I just have to think more creatively; vivid Ventilator, Mike! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a really cool little knife, GT.
Kind of a crossbreed between Art Deco, Boys Knife, and Hillbilly (with full respect David). :cool::thumbsup:
I like that Wire frame !
Thanks, John & Steve. :) John, I'm grateful for your insightful description! :thumbsup::thumbsup::) I just think of the knife as an ancient Beer Scout. :rolleyes:

Thanks Gary, apparently we have another (lesser) storm on the way o_O I think the scales are just anodized steel (no liners). Perhaps 'Never Health Embroidery' was badly translated from 'Oil The Joints'! :D :thumbsup:
Very interesting group of knives there Gary :thumbsup:
Thanks for the Honjie info, Jack! :D:thumbsup::D
Thanks also for calling my knives interesting! ;) You randomly select ONE knife on Tuesday, but my knives are almost all random selections; I have the same categories represented each week, but what knife appears in each category is essentially a surprise to me, dictated by the omnipotent rotation schedule! So I often come up with some groupings that are definitely "interesting", at best! :eek::rolleyes:

wAk1ziK.jpg

Mellow Yellow
Cheerful trio, David! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks GT! I think this Remington scout may be my favorite folding knife overall right now. I like it so much I had to hunt down a user version, which I should receive next month. I think I am going to oil it up and put it away for a while. Which I find hilarious, as I have always been a “no safe queens in my collection” type in the past. :)
We're probably all evolving with regard to our knives, Tom! :D:thumbsup::cool:

Thank you, Gary, for your effusive comments. :)

A tremendous trio, Gary; your Colonial wireframe with (Formica inlays!!!) is really neat. :thumbsup:
Dean, I seem to be much more effusive on The Porch than I am in real life! :rolleyes:;)
Thanks for your compliments; I don't think the inlays in the wireframe are literally Formica, but they remind me of countertops and tabletops from back in the 1950s. ;)

For Wooden Wednesday, my Northwoods Presidential in ebony wood.

View attachment 1282531
Hail to the Chief!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm a big fan of the F&F series, with a Bull Buster & a couple Bull Noses in circulation. This may be my favorite & I'll move one or both into my EDC line up...

View attachment 1282566
Those Hayn' Helpers are handsome knives!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Evocative photo, Stuart, for an old guy with lots of snippets of rock-and-roll lyrics bouncing around in his head. :cool::thumbsup::cool: The bottle had me singing "them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye, singin' this'll be the day that I die" and the two slender knives made me think of "You don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger, and you don't mess around with Slim." :rolleyes:

Outstanding pairs with wood and wharncliffes, Ron & John!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Gary, from one old guy to another, I know exactly what you’re referring to on your quote to Stuart! ;) Thanks for the compliment on my Wooden Wednesday carries! :thumbsup: :)

Great quote Gary. Took me back to a wonderful time. It’s amazing how a song can affect your mood. Today is going to be a good one.

View attachment 1282936 I do not remember where I bought the 293Y Trapper, probably the hardware store, but I carried it ~ and used it ~ all through college in the ‘70s, well up into the ‘90s. I thought it was the ideal knife for me, and it cleaned many rabbits and squirrels, as well as at least one deer.

At some point, I saw them being closed out somewhere, and bought another. It is still in it’s tube, never used.

The 881Y and 808Y Stockman knives were very thoughtful gifts from @r8shell.
I’m going to give my Peanut a break, and tote the 808 for awhile ~ it is a GREAT little knife.

Back