What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

46884207384_1d89ce368a_b.jpg

My idea of "traditional" means 'proven.' The knives might have been invented recently...

Welcome back to the porch, @TheTourist . I get you have your own definition of what traditional means when it comes to knives, but we also have a definition, which can be found here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...tional-folders-fixed-blades-sub-forum.530532/

Note especially:
If a regular knife user of the mid 1960's would find nothing out of the ordinary about the design, then it's traditional.

Modern locking mechanisms such as Walker liner locks, pocket clips, holes / studs to allow one hand opening are all out.

Have a great Friday :)

Sowbelly Stockman of the Week is a Marbles with ram's horn covers:
sowbelly.ram.mark.open.jpg

Regular Stockman of the Week is a Rough Rider Eureka stockman:
eureka.stock.mark.open.jpg

Budget Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider lockback canoe:
canoeLB.mark.closed.jpg

Extravagant Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider 4 5/8" closed pearl gunboat:
pearl.mark.3open horiz.stand.jpg

- GT

Very cool. I have a feeling you're going to like it. The Little Creek is a great little utility blade for sure. I'm growing to like the sheath it came with, but only carry it on the hip on the weekends. During the week, it goes right in the pocket. The Bark River Bushcraft F sheaths are great for this. Takes up almost no room in the pocket.

Mine's riding along as usual, and joined by the Heartshead Barlow. :)

ZH3KKQz.jpg
Oh yes, You’re absolutely right, Im loving the Lil Creek, first it struck me as too small for my hands, but it’s a great knife for sure, and it’s size makes it that much special.

Need the Bushcraft F sheaths too, Those look great:thumbsup: Again, thanks to you, I’ll order ‘em with some more bark river knives :)
Aryan

Last edited:
Received these two Bark River Fixed blades, I was instantly impressed by the little Creek’s finish and cuteness. Can’t seem to put it down,, The Bravo has a comfortable handle and blade size too, but it’s the Lil Creek all the way, definitely gonna become part of my EDC for sometime.
M5Mlex0.jpg

Thanks Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck for your pics, which inspired me to try out these two.
Here’s their pic as promised:thumbsup:
Aryan
Congrats! These can get addicting :).

Thank you @Corso
Very nice totes Steve; the classic Utica looks great with you 29!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks !

For Friday I'll be toting these 2 shadow pens from the 1920s; a Crucible sleeveboard and a Canton Cut Co EE. :)

Very nice !

View attachment 1283565

View attachment 1283566

View attachment 1283567

View attachment 1283577

- GT

Great Totes for the week !

This gave me a chuckle. “Interesting” is what my wife might say after I cut my hair.

LOL! :D Yes, it's use can be nuanced! :D :thumbsup:

Hope you and your Valentines have a great day! :D

49533710373_0c505a721b_o_d.jpg

As black as Blackbeard's heart Ron! :cool: :thumbsup:

It's cold here today! I'll feed the birds, and unless I have to venture outside again, that'll be my only outing!
Taking care of "Old Friends Friday" and "Black Friday" with this post!
Norfolk for the day.
K0jhfxy.jpg

Nice Gary, stay warm my friend :) :thumbsup:

Very cool. I have a feeling you're going to like it. The Little Creek is a great little utility blade for sure. I'm growing to like the sheath it came with, but only carry it on the hip on the weekends. During the week, it goes right in the pocket. The Bark River Bushcraft F sheaths are great for this. Takes up almost no room in the pocket.

Mine's riding along as usual, and joined by the Heartshead Barlow. :)

ZH3KKQz.jpg

The Little Creek looks great Mike, nice pairing there :) :thumbsup:

Being an "old guy" I try not to do too much complicated thinking when I first wake up in the morning. The synapses firing at dawn are clearly primordial--ergo, you might have to kill something, and oh yes, you're going to eat.

Now, you younger bucks can easily invest your money for the incredible blades I see here daily. My wife wanted a suburban home, and this figures into why I drive a 27 year old F-150.

My idea of "traditional" means 'proven.' The knives might have been invented recently, but their design, alloy and ergonomics must be useful.

My point is simple. I'm at the stage when the knives I buy must be functional, made of decent steel, can be sharpened on The Edge Pro and won't break under unplanned duress...

I'm sure there are folks in the General sub-forum who feel the same way, but this is the TRADITIONAL knife sub-forum, rather than the 'USEFUL' knife one :) Our mods are volunteers, and it's nice not to give them extra work (see Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck 's helpful post above) :thumbsup:

Happy Valentines Day

Fantastic pics gents :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1283565

View attachment 1283566

View attachment 1283567

View attachment 1283577

- GT

Nice Gary, that Gunboat is VERY fancy! :cool: :thumbsup:

Two knives that need a good cleaning for me today :).

Another great pairing Tom :thumbsup:

Congrats! These can get addicting :).

:cool: :thumbsup:

For Friday I'll be toting these 2 shadow pens from the 1920s; a Crucible sleeveboard and a Canton Cut Co EE. :)
Thank you JJ. I’m wild about both your shadow pens!

@Amir Fleschwund - Thank you Jeff. So is your pair of schrades.

@Peregrin - Very nice image of your Case. Love the luminous lighting.

Gevonovich Gevonovich - You said it with flowers and that nice image.

5K Qs 5K Qs - Your Sowbelly Stockman looks wonderful, hafted in Rams Horn.

Back