What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Good to the last puff.
06E39A78-DF64-46AA-B0DB-73D23E7AC300_zpsybkfyr0u.jpeg

I made the handle on the fixed blade from melted plastic sourced from the yellow things utility companies use on pole guy wires... I found a bag of them that had bounced out of a truck on the side of the road a while back. I just cut part of one up into little pieces, melted it in the stove stuck the tang down into it and whittled it to shape. I also forged the blade on that knife from a piece of spring steel gleaned from my mechanics' scrap bin. The little tool by the sak is an A.G. Russell steel thumbnail, it's nice to have for doing all of those little unsavory things that you don't want to subject a knife blade to, it also makes a pretty nice worry stone.

I like that one. Is the blade carbon or stainless?
Thanks for the info, Willie; quite resourceful!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
The Cannon sheepsfoot is stainless.

Yes indeed GT, it was a gift from Stuart @Duckdog, together with a fine Primble English Jack :) ...

A good phrase Gary, but I don't really do faint praise! :D I don't think I would have made a great a great diplomat! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

The random nature of your selections does indeed throw up some interesting pairings Gary, two useful SAKs, a nice-looking Anchor Knife, and a cool Higonakami :) What is the quality like on that Cannon? :thumbsup:
I'm just about to have my first coffee of the day here, and carrying a couple of Lambsfoot knives in my pockets :) Have a great Sunday folks :thumbsup:

osXwrXy.jpg

pvCgpJ2.jpg
Thanks for your informative reply about the Little Doagie, Jack. :)
I'm reading a biography of an American baseball player from the early 20th century who claimed that life is too short to be diplomatic! ;)
Thanks for your good words about the knives I posted. :) I bought a set of 3 Cannon knives (for under 10 USD for the set IIRC) and I'm very pleased with them. The wood is much nicer than I was expecting and the knives are solidly made. No regrets at all about the knives!

I think the true value of any collection is how much enjoyment you derive from it. Which says to me that you have a priceless pile of cutlery on your hands.
That's a good perspective to take. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Maybe I'll start calling you Wise Willie! ;)

I carry and use some of my wire jacks but this the best user pattern as far as I’m concerned. It’s the large (4”) spear point. This looks like a beater but the problem is it is only the second one I’ve encountered and I’m worried about losing or damaging it. It’s the only knife I’ve ever felt that way about. View attachment 1284867
Interesting "confession", Alan.

Pulled out of retirement for today. Still has good snap.
m1g3B3d.jpg
Cool knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Gives a whole new meaning to "muskrat clip". ;)

Wonderful SAK, GT. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks again, GT. :)
Definitely composite handles, most likely celluloid. :(
Thanks, John. :)
Do you have a designated celluloid quarantine zone set aside?

Have a peaceful Sunday, folks!
Some nice sharp stuff for Sunday carry.....
bFWCiDT.jpg

I really like the geometric nature of that "fly" on your Laguiole, Gary! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

C&C today ;)

2S9h4k2.jpg
That French ivory stockman is a handsome knife, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

An excellent group, Gary; I just love seeing that Cadet II!
Wonderful old Cadet, Gary.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean and José; I never dreamed I'd be able to find one of those! :)

My almost do anything SAK Pioneer X:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 1285114
Pioneer with scissors has a LOT of appeal to me! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Just totin' one today. This one
b0082vR.jpg

- Stuart
High quality Winchester, Stuart; congrats! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

My Sunday carry is this Case medium stockman in Red & Black Carbon Fiber and G-10 with CV steel (longest knife description ever). The nickel I received in change last week. It is a WWII (1943-1945) "nickel" with no nickel but 35% silver instead because we needed the nickel for the war effort.

View attachment 1285145
You sure get more interesting change than I do, Dean!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Didn't you get an Indian Head penny in change a couple of years ago?

I carried this one to church this morning.

I4DBEij.jpg
Magnificent, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today I'll be toting a couple stock knives, a Case stockman and a GEC gunstock. :)
Couple of immaculate knives, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Due to the recent move across town many boxes are yet to be unpacked....notably the desks and containers of knives (too scared to open them due to fear of losses:eek::rolleyes:)

Anyway, this is 'all' I have;) well a new SAK Pruner as well-which I like a lot oh and the 'car knife' a CASE Amber Bone Med Stockman-but that lives in the car.

LiSLvcc.jpg
Beautiful stag lock back, Will! :cool::cool::thumbsup: GEC #83, right?

Excellent knife tandem, Jack; the red bone Case Barlow looks superb! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Boker USA [May 1974] Stockman on my day off.
1THThqY.jpg
Attractive stallion covers! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

An Ulster Barlow and a Utica Cattle Punch
hyPI8zOh.jpg
Totin' these two today.
gY4Zzhx.jpg

- Stuart
Bonny brace of brown bones, Steve and Stuart! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: That Kutmaster muskrat is outstanding!! (Did you realize an anagram of Kutmaster is ET Muskrat?? :D)

Same as yesterday, but with pocket sheath version two finished yesterday. Now with less glue stains and some pocket-friendly adjustments. :)

5oKVtvu.jpg

Ebony lambsfoot, SAK Electrician, Bark River Little Creek
Nice job, Mike; you're turning them out now! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Case Walnut bone 090 medium stockman.

View attachment 1285771
That's a sublime stockman model, Dean!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

1582062116312163311743.jpg
Kids made off with my steel thumbnail last night. Spent the morning making a new can popper/knife pick/scrapey thingy.
Hard to carry anything else when you find a combo that works.
I know that feeling well. I have to force myself to carry other knives just so I can justify having more than a couple. If you have kids it helps to let them pick your primary carry from day to day.

Back