What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

PSK Elmax+RR Stockman, a Single Spring and 2 Blades knife becomes favourite.
Ramshorn+Micarta.
OZCm34w.jpg

Last edited:
Also a nice pairing, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

Going with a slighty larger Case Stockman today...

And I think I'll pair it with a Peanut. :cool:

Thanks buddy, you too :) :thumbsup:

Morning all. Two blade lambsfoot for Wooden Wednesday.

xvBL8ym.jpg

Looking good Mike :thumbsup:

What a knife you have there, Jack. Maybe looking at it will help with my writer's block. ;)

Very nice. I'm going with one slightly larger than that. :D
Ee93t9s.jpg

Thanks Rachel :) That's a great pairing my friend :thumbsup:

A total beauty Gev :)

Thanks, Jack! Great choice for a “last drink”; that’s my favorite whisky! :thumbsup: :D

Carrying the Ebony #25 again today.

U1lE1GQ.jpg

Thanks Barrett, mine too :) Nice pic of your #25 :thumbsup:

This knife at about $40 brand new is one of my favorites and by far the most bang for the buck in my collection. I think JohnDF JohnDF alluded to carrying knives that make him smile the other day. Well this one makes me smile so in the pocket it went today.

AQdPMH5.jpg
I have the Carhartt version of this knife and I just love it, thin light weight, good blade style and length. I need to pick up a yellow one now.
Are the yellow ones available in CV? I have one in stainless with grey jigged bone that was some sort of dealer exclusive, I think. Haven't seen one since, anyway.

;) Showing off my Case Wharncliffes:
PzrntD8.jpg

Thanks Rachel :) That's a great pairing my friend
Thanks, Jack!

I've had this little schrade cut for several years but almost never carry it, just lives in a roll. Carrying it around has almost been like having a new knife.

The sowbelly is just great. I have a lot of regular 4'' stockmans to carry and they are all functionally very similar. I don't have anything that's quite the same as this sow and it brings some new things to the table while still filling the needs that I have for a stockman. I like that a lot.

IMG_7123.JPG

Are the yellow ones available in CV? I have one in stainless with grey jigged bone that was some sort of dealer exclusive, I think. Haven't seen one since, anyway.

PzrntD8.jpg

Thanks, Jack!
Rachel the yellow comes in both CV and stainless, that gray one you have is sweet, also is that a Peanut with a Wharncliff? that's really nice also.

PzrntD8.jpg

Thanks, Jack!

My yellow delrin is a CV. Looks like stainless are still in stock and CV are backordered.

I was thinking of picking up one of the Carhartt models. Every once in a while some other flavors will show up on the bay, but they always go for more than I'm willing to pay. Wish Case would run these again sometime, they seem to be popular.

Rachel the yellow comes in both CV and stainless, that gray one you have is sweet, also is that a Peanut with a Wharncliff? that's really nice also.

My yellow delrin is a CV. Looks like stainless are still in stock and CV are backordered.

I was thinking of picking up one of the Carhartt models. Every once in a while some other flavors will show up on the bay, but they always go for more than I'm willing to pay. Wish Case would run these again sometime, they seem to be popular.
Thanks! The littlest one is a Tiny Trapper; it's actually smaller than a Peanut.
I do have a Yellow Peanut with a wharncliffe pen-blade, but I modified it. It would be cool if they sold them this way.
SOrTOmc.jpg

Very nice. I'm going with one slightly larger than that. :D
Very, very nice!!! :cool::thumbsup:

Great picture with the matching shield. :cool::thumbsup:

Seemed appropriate for today:
zu7qUgv.jpg
Seems appropriate any day. ;):thumbsup:

Thanks buddy, you too :) :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack. :)

Every once in a while some other flavors will show up on the bay, but they always go for more than I'm willing to pay. Wish Case would run these again sometime, they seem to be popular.
I've owned about ten of these wonderful Case Wharncliffe Mini Trapper knives. I've given away every one of them except my favorite... Won't ever let loose of this one.

I've owned about ten of these wonderful Case Wharncliffe Mini Trapper knives. I've given away every one of them except my favorite... Won't ever let loose of this one.

I can certainly understand why you hang on to that one! Of the Orvis series that Case did a while ago, this one and the Copperlock Wharncliffe are on my grail list. How is the thickness of the stag? I think in this case (no pun intended) if it's too thick it would take away one of the reasons I love the Yellow CV version I have - the thin profile just seems to fit better with this knife in my opinion. I'm always worried about stag - it seems I rarely get one that's just right (too thick, uneven, etc).

Very, very nice!!! :cool::thumbsup:

Great picture with the matching shield. :cool::thumbsup:

Seems appropriate any day. ;):thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. :)

Exceptional mini !!

Exceptional mini !!
Thank you. :)

I can certainly understand why you hang on to that one! Of the Orvis series that Case did a while ago, this one and the Copperlock Wharncliffe are on my grail list. How is the thickness of the stag? I think in this case (no pun intended) if it's too thick it would take away one of the reasons I love the Yellow CV version I have - the thin profile just seems to fit better with this knife in my opinion. I'm always worried about stag - it seems I rarely get one that's just right (too thick, uneven, etc).
The stag on mine is pretty thin and even...

Back