What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Still carrying the (BTI) Uncle Henry 885UH stockman, and (no "R" number) "Remington" Canoe in my pocket, and Marbles MR417 on my belt.

Truth to tell, it is tempting, very tempting to swap out the 885UH for a (BTI) Old Timer 858OTB.
I'll hold out though ... at least until March 31 when April's carry comes about. :)

Thanks, Jack. :)
Your stag HHB and WC Black Jack are a fine pair! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
The massive shield on the Black Jack just begs for engraving IMHO! ;)

Thanks a lot GT, I can't see the engraving happening though, the last time I had a knife engraved, (for a friend's kid), the engraver made a right mess of it o_O :thumbsup:

5UOnAkr.jpg

Your photos are incredible Dan, well done :) :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Carrying these today as we went over to see our latest Great Grandchild . Little Girl was born late yesterday .
73 & 43

Harry

Congratulations to you and your family Harry :) Stunning stag there my friend :thumbsup:

Thanks to youz guyz!!
Great posts by everyone, would love to comment on all, but got a bit of an injury.
So my contribution from today...
Z4YywjD.jpg

Hope you're recovered soon Dennis :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot, Mike! Heat...ice...suds if I remember correctly!:D:thumbsup:

You got it! :D :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you my friend. Now I see your beautiful Ulster Scout. That cinches it.:)

Albert Oates, Sheffield Lamb Foot.
View attachment 1293877

Thanks Harvey, sublime shot of your Albert Oates :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack!!!

Very cool book/backdrop for your Ulster BSA; a great companion for your HHB!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you kindly JJ :) :thumbsup:

For Sunday I'm going with these two from Schrade. :)

Beautiful Sunday carry my friend :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) :thumbsup:

oybyxKk.jpg

evSyD5P.jpg

I'm carrying this for Blue Monday.

View attachment 1290298
Sensational knife, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Got this (farm) boy in the mail today, cant put it down!
Congrats on the GEC mini trapper, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (I think @btb01 Barrett told me once how that pattern differs from a mini trapper, and although his explanation made sense, I've apparently forgotten it. So I'll revert to calling it GEC's version of a mini trapper. :rolleyes:)

That's a classic Barlow IMHO! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1290599
Tore my thumbnail to the quick the other day... Stuck with pinchable blades until it grows back.
Sorry to hear that; hope it grows back fast.
I once was washing a bunch of new knives, and my thumbnail got wet and soft so that it bent over backwards when I was trying to open a stiff blade. Seemed like it took a couple of months for the weak spot to grow out where I could trim it away.

Butter Cut again
Memorable colors, Gev!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I’m carrying this Yeller Delrin CV SBJ today. I hope everyone has a great Fat Tuesday! :eek: :D

49584411106_c7946279b9_c_d.jpg
That's a classic, Ron; I hope you're not giving it up for Lent! ;):cool::cool:

Totin' these two for a drizzling rainy Twosday. I'm meeting with some buddies for a beer later and I'm going to wear both, one each on either side, just for the heck of it. "One fist of iron, the other of steel. If the right one don't a-get you, then the left one will. You load sixteen tons, . . "
- Stuart
Bless your pea-pickin' heart, Stuart! With your sciatica flare-up, it's probably wise to wear a 110 on each hip for proper balance and alignment. :cool::cool:;)

Carrying a couple of older ones today . The first one is a very nice VOOS which was a Gift from Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund
Then also an older Loewen Messer ( Lion Knife )
Harry
Two unforgettable vintage knives, Harry! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Today with A. Wright Lambs foot in Iron Wood.;):thumbsup:
Striking stripes in the grain of your ironwood lambsfoot, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Quite a quartet! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
5K Qs 5K Qs - Great assortment of pocket goodness, love the Case Carhartt, GT,
Quality quartet GT, love the look of the horn on that Joker, splendid :thumbsup:
JiVcUfM.jpg

bjuVRKW.jpg
Four wonderful knives, Gary.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I appreciate your support, gents. :)
Ray, thanks for singling out the stag senator; it was my first lambsfoot. Another look:
MJ.pile.Vflat.post.jpg
Harvey, I agree that Case mini trappers are a glorious pattern, and the Carhartt with its single "lambscliffe" blade is especially noteworthy. Gratuitous shot of the Carhartt:
carhartt.mark.Vflat.rail.jpg
Jack, I was struck, like you, by the look of the horn on my little Joker; the colors remind me of those on the horns of many of our dairy cattle when I was a lad. What a pair for you, Jack: stag HHB and What-a-Knife!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;) One more look at the Joker horn, but pile side:
horn18.pile.Vopen.jpg
Vince and José, thanks for your diplomacy in simply complimenting the entire quartet! ;)

- GT

Back