What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Powerful pair there, Dylan. After I saw your knives, I went downstairs to scold my mongrel mix of cutlery mutts.

Thank you, Stuart! No need to scold your beauties though, you have one of the most enviable collections of us all.

Nice bits Dylan! :D :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack!

I did not get to properly appreciate Stag and Sawcut Saturday this past weekend so I made up for it today.

X47h63e.jpg

These two caught my eye for today; Queen made Winchesters. :)

Gorgeous, JJ. They look like a precious pair that Liberace might have toted to Vegas.

Potent package there, Jack.

I’m glad to be home and starting my week with two that were made 32 years apart. A Black Box Winchester #2904 Trapper from 1987 made by Queen and a 2019 Waynorth Cutlery Lamb Foot made by Great Eastern Cutlery. Just two examples of Bill Howard’s fine work! :)

49638467748_8cc3ce8475_o_d.jpg

Pretty fine pairing, pal.

For @Crazy Canuck 's challenge, I've got a Western wood craft knife in my pocket this week.
KEBmv6f.jpg

Wow! Wondrous Western, r8shell.

I have been carrying this Schrade CutCo pre-1920 (arch stamp) for a couple weeks and it doesn't look like it is going anywhere soon. Feels right.
archie001-jpg.1299425

That's because it is right.

Camillus 70 and an #78 American Jack today

TJVVLBj.jpg

Handsome old Camillus, Steve.

Both nice, Harvey.

Case Barehead Jack, 62024 1/2 in a tree.

View attachment 1299512

Radiant regular jack, Dean. I have one of the sheepfoot/pen version and like it.

Picturesque pair, Dylan. Quite pleasing.

Thank you Tim. :) I blame it all on Stuart D Duckdog , he’s the one that gave me the Trapper Bug. I’ve got a bunch of Black Box Winchester’s but I didn’t have a Trapper until I got to admiring some of Stuart’s Trappers over lunch a couple of weeks ago! :D

Kindly chiding is too good for you for holding out on us with those sublime old Case knives, Stuart! :cool::cool::thumbsup:;)

Thank you, Stuart! No need to scold your beauties though, you have one of the most enviable collections of us all.

Thanks, guys. It's tough enough keeping my miscreants in line without outside influences on their worst tendencies. I will try to let them see daylight more often, so long as they remain polite.

- Stuart

A slight/minor change to my March carry:
In my RF pocket starting tonight is a Rough Rider RR1057 large stockman (4.25 inch closed), RR1058 Trapper (4.125 inch closed) and RR1062 Canoe (3.625 inch closed) All are of the "A Stroke of Luck" series.

The Buck 110LT "Smoke Jumper", and two blade slipjoint Marbles MR417 Folding Hunter are still on my belt.

Redundant blades: Clip Point (3x) and Spey/Budding (2x)
I may be doing some grafting later this month, so having an "extra" budding blade is not necessarily a "bad" thing.
(besides, I can always use the spey/budding blade on the trapper to spread butter or jelly/jam/preserves or something on my bread or roll/biscuits/English Muffins)
(no PB though. I ate to much of that in college to ever (willingly) want more.)

Thank you JJ, golden pair :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and that Monday isn't too cruel to you ;) Starting the week off with my regular Hartshead Barlow, and a Farm & Field Bullnose, gifted to me by @meako, many years ago now :) Have a good week folks :thumbsup:

EntdTuw.jpg

lm19p5C.jpg
Thank you Jack!!! Great pair of single bladed cutters; your slingshot looks like fun, too!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you JJ. Your pair of Queens are Aces. Love the enhanced detailing of the bolster on the top one.
Thanks very much, Harvey!!! You have quite a large group of amazing bolstered totes!:D:thumbsup:
1-XL Sheffield Lamb Foot.
608a05c3-b4b5-423e-b93d-e550396e59bd-jpeg.1299488

2nd 62
88111a5f-59e7-4e76-a967-e81fbd4a53ea-jpeg.1299490
Fantastic pairing; you have certainly picked a 62 with amazing stag!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Very cool pairing and detail image Stuart!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Gorgeous, JJ. They look like a precious pair that Liberace might have toted to Vegas.
Thanks for another great laugh, Stuart!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup: Btw, had a pooch I'd call Liberace because he was the "peeing-ist!":rolleyes:

Buttercut draws me in to her energy again. She's a tiger in the rain. The thunder and lightning I can't explain

49270484931_56e22ce07b_b.jpg

Gorgeous Gev :) :thumbsup:

A multi-cultural multi-Knife day for me!!:DView attachment 1299316

Ace pairing Charlie :) :thumbsup:

#72 and SBJr
bj5GLI9.jpg

7oozdqB.jpg

Eqv38Jp.jpg

That looks like a good combination :thumbsup:

I have been carrying this Schrade CutCo pre-1920 (arch stamp) for a couple weeks and it doesn't look like it is going anywhere soon. Feels right.View attachment 1299425 View attachment 1299426 View attachment 1299427

Superb knife Lee, thanks for the trip down Memory Lane :) :thumbsup:

Camillus 70 and an #78 American Jack today

TJVVLBj.jpg

Those two go together well Steve :cool: :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Much thanks, Jack. Enjoyed the factory image, as well as the facts. Your cutlery knowledge game is strong. Fine Slingshot and Hartshead image. Cool F&F Bullnose, too.

Thanks for the kind words Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Case Barehead Jack, 62024 1/2 in a tree.

View attachment 1299512

Great photo Dean :) :thumbsup:

Breath-taking pic :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Potent package there, Jack.

Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack!!! Great pair of single bladed cutters; your slingshot looks like fun, too!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

These two trappers for Tuesday. :)

Thank you JJ, perfect Tuesday carry there :) :thumbsup:

Hello All,

Nothing fancy today , (but it is nice and sharp :D)

Cheers.

One of my favourite Sodbusters, a good hard-working knife :thumbsup:

Morning folks, wet and windy again here in Yorkshire :( I'll be warming my hands with these two ;) :thumbsup:

oGnjiz0.jpg

CLeRKgo.jpg

I’ve also got a stag lambsfoot today. Celebrating my son’s 12th birthday.

I gave him the Winchester sow belly and a buck sheath.

View attachment 1297951 View attachment 1297952
Zesty AC, Joshua! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Belated birthday greetings to your son! :) I recently saw those checkered bone Winchesters in a catalog and was yearning for a sowbelly, but my ardor cooled after reading your in-depth and much appreciated review. :cool:

Been carrying my Pioneer X all week.
View attachment 1298011
I've had the Pioneer X on my wish list since I first saw them! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: How do you like the scissors, Bill?

J. Crookes/Sheffield Lamb Foot
Esky Zulu
View attachment 1298112
Vivid pics of a couple of striking knives, Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I'm not really a micarta fan, but the denim gets my motor running! ;)

Thank you, Gary; nice looking wood on your lambsfoot. :thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean. :)
Your matched pair of red knives are unmatched! :cool::cool::thumbsup::rolleyes:

Been there! Done that! Got the cap to prove it! ;) Hope y’all have a great weekend! :D
Congrats on the new headwear, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Your repeated posting of the yellow SBJr is making that model look too tempting to me! :eek:

Have a great weekend, folks!
Two for Stagurday!
Splendorous stag on a couple of sophisticated knives, Gary! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I've been greedy today ;)
Robust trio, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (You say greedy, I say blessed! ;))

Switched to the #71 Bullnose, I'll be carrying it all week.
I'll bet you'll find it offers quotidian quality, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I really like this little "whittle scout" from Catt; nice for a Sunday. :)
Pleasing scout, JJ, with its prototype thumb stud! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:;)

Today with A. Wright & Son (SFO Jack Black) Lambsfoot Barlow.;):thumbsup:
Outstanding pair, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I carry these two every day
View attachment 1298558 And for today, I’m totin the TEW LF in walnut, and a Camillus in bone.
View attachment 1298559
Numerous and noble knives, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

This today.
Marvelous Schrade ++: Checkmate! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Laudable collection of tools! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Last week, I picked up a pair of 5" inexpensive Tekton channel lock pliers, and I like carrying them so far.

That Ware horn custom is a knockout, LT; congrats!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mammoth post GT! :eek: Yes, they look very similar (though operate slightly differently if I recall). I got one of the Kudus when CS first brought them out, didn't keep it long, I like my fingers too much :eek: Thanks buddy :D :thumbsup:
Thanks for the pics of your iconic vintage Okapis, Jack! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's definitely one of my favorites gt, unfortunately it also doesn't get the pocket time it deserves because I have a couple that I like just a little bit more...
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Some Rodgers bone today, Queen and Kutmaster
Jaw-dropping bone, Steve!! That Kutmaster stockman must bring you joy! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, GT. It seems that I've accumulated a passel of Parkers produced by Schrade. I need to take time for a family picture, as they are pretty nice knives, if I do say so.

Not a whit, GT. They cut me off, lock up tight, and give me sharp glances.
- Stuart
Those Parkers, like so many of your knives, were hypnotic, Stuart. :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Happy to hear of your knives' reaction to your tongue-lashing! :D:thumbsup:

All that glitters ... You're a rich man, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

b33z4Qs.jpg

Case cocobolo SS peanut.
Still having some imported Oktoberfest available is a favorable development, Vince! :):thumbsup::cool:
That's a fetching Peanut! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Is the serial number 1912?
tang&serial#.jpg
(My birthdate in DDMM notation! ;):thumbsup:)

Thanks GT, if only it was the 29th year again:p although it will be the 41st and I have this reaction :confused::eek: , as in "is it only been 41 years!? Oh crap its 41 years" I know thats not that old but sometimes I'm shocked I've actually made it this far.
Thinking of each new day as an extraordinary gift is not a bad way to approach life! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks. Melon-tester is what I'm calling it.
Definitely some delightful distance from one end of that knife to the other! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Pretty fine pairing, pal.
Thanks Stuart! I’m glad you persuaded me to get the Trapper. It’s an extremely nice knife for the money! Have a good week my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Congrats on the new headwear, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Your repeated posting of the yellow SBJr is making that model look too tempting to me! :eek:
Thanks Gary! Since I leave that SBJ at my daughters apartment it may be awhile before I can tote it again. I know you would appreciate it if you decide to try one. You could go to the biggest of All online web sights and have one in your pocket by Friday! ;) :thumbsup:

Since I didn’t get to participate in Stag Saturday the past couple of weeks I’m pocketing these two today! My Jack Black SFO Ashley’s Choice Lambsfoot and my favorite Northfield Stag #35 Churchill. Y’all have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

49472552646_a1ea881b85_o_d.jpg

A nice double helping of stag Ron :) :thumbsup:

Zesty AC, Joshua! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Belated birthday greetings to your son! :) I recently saw those checkered bone Winchesters in a catalog and was yearning for a sowbelly, but my ardor cooled after reading your in-depth and much appreciated review. :cool:

I've had the Pioneer X on my wish list since I first saw them! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: How do you like the scissors, Bill?

Vivid pics of a couple of striking knives, Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I'm not really a micarta fan, but the denim gets my motor running! ;)

Thanks, Dean. :)
Your matched pair of red knives are unmatched! :cool::cool::thumbsup::rolleyes:

Splendorous stag on a couple of sophisticated knives, Gary! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Robust trio, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (You say greedy, I say blessed! ;))

I'll bet you'll find it offers quotidian quality, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pleasing scout, JJ, with its prototype thumb stud! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:;)

Outstanding pair, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Numerous and noble knives, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Marvelous Schrade ++: Checkmate! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Laudable collection of tools! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Last week, I picked up a pair of 5" inexpensive Tekton channel lock pliers, and I like carrying them so far.

That Ware horn custom is a knockout, LT; congrats!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the pics of your iconic vintage Okapis, Jack! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jaw-dropping bone, Steve!! That Kutmaster stockman must bring you joy! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Those Parkers, like so many of your knives, were hypnotic, Stuart. :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Happy to hear of your knives' reaction to your tongue-lashing! :D:thumbsup:

All that glitters ... You're a rich man, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Still having some imported Oktoberfest available is a favorable development, Vince! :):thumbsup::cool:
That's a fetching Peanut! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Is the serial number 1912?
View attachment 1299786
(My birthdate in DDMM notation! ;):thumbsup:)

Thinking of each new day as an extraordinary gift is not a bad way to approach life! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Definitely some delightful distance from one end of that knife to the other! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT
Thanks GT. I’m sure there are better sowbellys out there for you to buy. I do like the checkered scales though.

Back