What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thanks to today's mail call, I barely made micarta Monday. Thanks again Harvey, this ones a keeper :D

gqR7oLI.jpg

I usually don’t care much for the northwoods knives, mainly the blades (not much for the grinds they like, but I do see the draw to them). But: it’s a beaut, Clark! Great knife.

I am in the same camp. I have owned a few but always seem to trade the saber grinds. I would still like a fremont but low on my hunting list. The 74 is one of my favorite frames GEC makes and they sure got this one right......great national lampoon quote by the way :)

A pic comparing one of my 74's with the esky.

yY9oIqi.jpg

I am in the same camp. I have owned a few but always seem to trade the saber grinds. I would still like a fremont but low on my hunting list. The 74 is one of my favorite frames GEC makes and they sure got this one right......great national lampoon quote by the way :)

A pic comparing one of my 74's with the esky.

yY9oIqi.jpg

I agree on the 74. Man that’s a great knife.

Christmas vacation is one of my all time favorites. Wish I could get my wife to understand the subtleties. Lol

Whew!! Just caught up with this thread - 11 pages.

D Duckdog - What a cool looking Jack, Stuart.

Now that's an awesome German hunting folder; pretty much covers the gambit, too!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

NatureMaster!

Thanks to all y'all.

That brings back some memories Stuart, it's even better on draught :) Sounds like you're having fun, wish I could drop by :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack, and would that you could.

Great scout, Jack.

scellaneous Knife of the Week is a Case mini copperlock (thanks, Greg):
mark-closed-woods-jpg.1307462

Captivating copperhead, GT.

J.B. SFO Lamb Foot.
75DDBFB3-E2B1-49C9-A5AE-048128DA2E8E_zpszohlnikv.jpeg

Ibberson by Stan Shaw
984ED714-142A-4F6C-B006-70953C7105AB_zpsqtina0gz.jpeg

Heavenly visions of glory, Harvey. Well done.

I feel for you Stuart, hope it's gone soon my friend :thumbsup:

I’m sorry you’re having those back pains my friend! :( I know you’re accustomed to being active. I also know you’re staying busy with all the little things you’ve mentioned. I’ve seen your bar and I’m pretty sure you have a good supply of adult beverages. It would take you a long time just to do the knife and firearms maintenance. I hope you and Miss Norma stay safe and healthy during all that’s going on. I guess if Loki could be trusted to walk himself you’d be able to better weather the storm! :thumbsup:

D Duckdog - Stuart, I hope your back discomfort eases soonest.

Thanks for the condolences and best wishes. I'm holding steady and ready for the next day.

I went to one of my rolls and picked these two with straight edges for today. :) I’ve got a standard size Wright’s Lambsfoot with Pere David Stag and a Tidioute #47 Viper with East Indian Rosewood. Be vigilant out there my friends! :thumbsup: :D

Fine choices, Ron.

Make the most of the day, my friends.

Great pictures, Jeff. Thanks for sharing them.

Keen Kutter and an OT

0FTZixB.jpg

Man, that's a fine portrait of some handsome old fellas.

Early morning
B3076FB6-0DA0-4E3F-A4C5-DDDD601AFAFB_zpswckeqobu.jpeg

A Win-Win trade with a fine trading partner. Lone Star Knives 86 with teak from the USS Texas and a carbon Damascus blade from Chad Nichols.
View attachment 1308168

Moxie: Force of character, determination, or nerve. Sheffield Lamb Foot.
View attachment 1308175

A fabulous post, Harvey, Just fabulous!
- Stuart

No heavy lifting today, Cool outside, so I made and kept a blazing fire going for Miss Norma to gaze upon. (We have two gas fireplaces, but she seems to enjoy watching me load in wood for one or both of the wood-burning ones. I'm sure there's a moral hidden in here.) I kept these two old regulars on/in hand today: Case 6207 (1940-1964) and Queen #42 (1976).

xPQ2zoB.jpg

- Stuart

Thank you JJ, I'm flattered, couple of wonderful knives :) :thumbsup:
Thank you very much, Jack!!!
Morning folks, what a time, I can barely remember what day it is...;)

gycPtbr.jpg
The days may be foggy but your eye for cutlery remains acute; marvelous stag team your pair for today make!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Much thanks for your kind words, JJ. Fine looking pair of Scouts. Plus the usual great image.
Thanks a lot Harvey!!!
Early morning

A Win-Win trade with a fine trading partner. Lone Star Knives 86 with teak from the USS Texas and a carbon Damascus blade from Chad Nichols.
c7f3c9bb-5a45-4a78-bbe2-d1867c1f5be9-jpeg.1308168

115a19ae-be8c-4407-9b38-a335aacd0eaa-jpeg.1308175
Not only are your two edged images electrifying (love the "Moxie" button, too), your "early morning" photograph is enchanting; definitely an awesome greeting card!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black Too kind my friend. Hang in there. You are positively styling with your Buck&Hartshead.

@Chui - Be safe.

Early morning

View attachment 1308168

View attachment 1308175

Many thanks Harvey, your photos are outstanding, and you're really on a roll with your cutlery pick-ups lately :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack, and would that you could.

Great scout, Jack.

Thank you kindly Stuart :) :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Jack!!!

The days may be foggy but your eye for cutlery remains acute; marvelous stag team your pair for today make!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A beefy trapper and a sleek toothpick for today. :)

Thank you for the kind words my friend, fabulous choices for today :) :thumbsup:

Good morning folks, hope everyone is managing OK :) Take care and stay safe :thumbsup:

bl3tZ6Y.jpg

ozO2u2n.jpg

Back