What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

@Duckdog - hang in there Stuart - I know from experience how much pain spinal problems can give.

Thought I'd go with a couple 1920s shadows for Sunday. :)

JJ, Very, very nice vintage gents knives! OH

Jack Black Jack Black - love that fixed blade - that one is as close to the perfect hunters knife as one will get - nice shape (and style) to the blade, and a very nice stag handle. OH

HI
I think it has been more than 2 weeks since I posted anything other than some of the knives I carry each day – none of my usual posts thanking folks for their compliments and sharing their excitement over the knives they're carrying. I miss doing that, but somehow my "social distancing" has unintentionally carried over to BF lately. I think I'm about 60 or more pages behind, and I'm not going to even try to catch up. I will try to at least respond to posts from the past 2+ weeks that are directed specifically to me; apologies if I miss some of them.

Thanks for your take on the Pioneer X scissors, Bill. :)
How are you liking your titanium Compact?

It's cool that you could give that Opinel a week-long tryout, Tom. :)

Your kind words are always appreciated, Harvey. :)

Thanks, Dean; it would probably be an EDC if I weren't committed to a red celidor Minichamp that I like even better. ;)

Thanks, John and Jack. :) John, you'd have enjoyed the numeric excitement of @Will Power's "guess my license tag number" GAW: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/guess-right-stockman-gaw.1559650/
I was very fortunate to win. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Harvey & Matt. :) Matt, I think the ram's horn, especially the crater has a positive effect on lots of people! ;)

I appreciate the support, even in my absence, gents! :)
Jack, your stag HHB and the orange Bull Nose were quite a pair! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Dean and @Laurelbb. :) The RR Half-Hawk is 4" closed, with a relatively large pen blade.

I'm grateful for your liking my lambsfoot pic, Jack and Stuart. :)
Terrific trio you're toting in these trying times, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, José! :) I hope you and your country are handling this pandemic well.

Thanks for the encouragement regarding both my avocation and my vocation, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

More catch-up quotes tomorrow. ;)

I'll conclude with more of my carries for this week.
Watchpocket knife this week is a Rough Rider pen knife with copper bolsters and grooved horn covers:
View attachment 1311308

Big knife this week is a white smooth bone RR marlin spike:
View attachment 1311310

Miscellaneous knife this week is a Sarge BSA barlow:
View attachment 1311311

- GT
GT - I haven't yet received the Compact Mod yet. Hopefully it will arrive soon and then I'll post a review.

Another day of sitting around, so we moved it outside. Sitting on the front wall next to the garden waste bin (for pick up soon), a couple of buddies socially distanced and socially adjusted, a cigar and a reclusive (but freshly combed out) dog. Nice to be outside.

Relaxing in the sun are a Case 62032 medium Texas jack (thanks Half/Stop Half/Stop ) and a Primble 4995 double end jack. They may stay n my pocket another day or two. We're not in a hurry any time soon.

Lt2Nfoh.jpg

- Stuart
Stuart, that Texas Jack looks right at home my friend! :thumbsup: Hope you and Miss Norma are doing fine. I know Loki will do his best to help break the monotony! ;)

I was going to have my coffee outside as it was sunny 5 minutes ago, looks a bit miserable now :( I hope everyone is doing alright, and not going stir-crazy. I know it's not a normal Sunday, but I hope everyone has a nice one. Stay safe :thumbsup:

NkX6clL.jpg

zhko0LT.jpg

wyb7CKj.jpg
Looking good there Jack! :thumbsup: I think your chosen trio will get you through regardless of the weather! Have a good day my friend! :)

Jack Black Jack Black - love that fixed blade - that one is as close to the perfect hunters knife as one will get - nice shape (and style) to the blade, and a very nice stag handle. OH

Many thanks Bruce, it is one of Sheffield's 'Town Pattern's, called thus because almost every cutler in the town made them once :) That one is known as a 4" Blood Hollow Bowie, which is always pronounced 'Blud Holler' locally :D The original sheaths are of poor quality, but I managed to find an after-market replacement :) :thumbsup:

8wT4oO2.jpg

Looking good there Jack! :thumbsup: I think your chosen trio will get you through regardless of the weather! Have a good day my friend! :)

Thank you Ron, I hope so :D You too pal :thumbsup:

I hope I don’t have to get out of the house today. We spent several hours yesterday setting up our home office so Pam could comfortably and efficiently work from home. It could change but for now it’s alternating weeks of three at the office with two home and three at home with two at the office. She’s still working a five day week. I also got the oil and filters to service my mowers for the season ahead. I have two from last years Rendezvous. They’re strictly for CE and CF during the day. Also some oil on the blades and in the joints before they’re put away until the next visit. :)

48519010876_26ac6eaf54_o_d.jpg

I’ve got one of my Silver Alox SAKs, an Electrician, in my pocket to handle any cutting chores that might arise! Y’all stay safe out there! :)

49712416477_f7cc08dc8a_o_d.jpg

Thank you John :) :thumbsup:

:cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly Harvey, love your pics :) :thumbsup:

Enjoy your Sunday Vince :)

Thank you very much for the kind words Gary :) :thumbsup:

Sincere thanks JJ :) :thumbsup:

Very classy :cool: :) :thumbsup:

I was going to have my coffee outside as it was sunny 5 minutes ago, looks a bit miserable now :( I hope everyone is doing alright, and not going stir-crazy. I know it's not a normal Sunday, but I hope everyone has a nice one. Stay safe :thumbsup:

NkX6clL.jpg

zhko0LT.jpg

wyb7CKj.jpg

Those are great photos, Jack! The Hartshead Barlow shines in that rugged setting. :thumbsup: Nice to see your Mauser; I get to visit the one I used to have when I go to my son's house :) (which I can't do until our 'stay at home' status changes in Ohio.

When you're totin' the same knife everyday you need to get creative. My attempt today.
My Lloyd with a water color of the Duomo di Firenze that we purchased, from the artist, on the Pont de Vecchio in Florence, Italy.
Wishing a safe and peaceful Sunday to all.
GNKG7aw.jpg

I hope I don’t have to get out of the house today. We spent several hours yesterday setting up our home office so Pam could comfortably and efficiently work from home. It could change but for now it’s alternating weeks of three at the office with two home and three at home with two at the office. She’s still working a five day week. I also got the oil and filters to service my mowers for the season ahead. I have two from last years Rendezvous. They’re strictly for CE and CF during the day. Also some oil on the blades and in the joints before they’re put away until the next visit. :)

48519010876_26ac6eaf54_o_d.jpg

I’ve got one of my Silver Alox SAKs, an Electrician, in my pocket to handle any cutting chores that might arise! Y’all stay safe out there! :)

49712416477_f7cc08dc8a_o_d.jpg
Good morning my friend . Your photo of those 2 superb knives that you got at the 2019 Rendezvous bring great memories to me Ron . We had a blast while there . Stay Safe and Well my friend .

Harry

Back