What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

UH 833
rxc9vAu.jpg

m91Lh3t.jpg

View attachment 1312337 View attachment 1312338 View attachment 1312336 View attachment 1312339

The next two GEC patterns in my top 14 are the 42 Missouri Trader, and the 43 Oregon Trapper. What’s not to like about these, big, but not too big, robust outdoorsmen knives!

Charlie, @waynorth , was kind enough to sell me the Oregon Knife Collector’s 43 in Jigged Bone, at his cost I might add. Thanks Charlie! It also has my favorite shield of all time, the Beaver. I had to pay through the nose for the stainless Elk 42, but I am glad to have it.

So far, my list includes the 15, 25, 35, 42, and 43. Next up, the Viper 47!

Last edited:
This one puttering around getting ready to do my 7 days on. Cut grass, cleaned up a little along property line, touched up garden, and gonna swap the AC compressor relay when the new one gets here. I hope that is what’s intermittently failing. I’m sure I’ll be switching to my Dunlap stockman later today. Also have my ratmandu on my side.
9E6EF178-3BB2-4359-8B70-380535CE418F.jpeg

John and Jack I appreciate the stag compliments. :thumbsup: I’m fortunate to have some nice stag in my collection. :) As I have grown a little older I’ve come to appreciate the beauty and the durability of stag more and more. I may have been influenced just a little by my good friend Harry Old Engineer Old Engineer . ;)

You too boys'll be playing hookey together next ;) :D :thumbsup:

All very nice choices!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Bill :thumbsup:

Got this and my lil Buck 303 doing stuff today
View attachment 1312316

fi8Ru5d.jpg

Looking good Bill, those pocket slips are great aren't they? :thumbsup:

I always enjoy seeing that Savannah, Jack. Great horn :thumbsup:

I'm still going into work each day at the hospital.
My wife and I both work here. So far so good :)
Got the Moki on hand :thumbsup:

20200330_111549 by Pine Moon, on Flickr

Thank you very much, sounds like you're making a big contribution :) :thumbsup:

qbNsOb4.jpg

Bark River Little Creek

Sweet pic Dan :thumbsup:

I'm going to Wound Care today and thought it only appropriate to carry this Rosewood covered 2-blade Lambfoot with me.

iUUfvaK.jpg

Hope it goes well Ed, nice choice my friend :thumbsup:

Lamb foot again today, lunchtime at my desk trying to keep social separation when ever possible. The lamb foot helped with lunch.
View attachment 1312362

Glad you're liking the Lamb Chuck :) :thumbsup:

c3oJNtJ.jpg

UXpGUjw.jpg

Today as our school's are closed I'm teaching the kids, 3 and 5, about friction fire. The combo of this day and the days before are a Pradel by au sabot and a vic camper... The pradel has a 11cm handle and 9.5 cm blade, so hanse slightly more than 4 inch and a blade just shy of 4 inch... Great in the hand!

Thumbs up on the Pradel Hazelaar.
Also, teaching the kids how to start a fire like that is a great lesson, I bet they'll enjoy, and not ever forget. :thumbsup:

You too boys'll be playing hookey together next ;) :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Bill :thumbsup:

Looking good Bill, those pocket slips are great aren't they? :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, sounds like you're making a big contribution :) :thumbsup:

Sweet pic Dan :thumbsup:

Hope it goes well Ed, nice choice my friend :thumbsup:

Glad you're liking the Lamb Chuck :) :thumbsup:
Yes Jack, I really like those pocket slips.

Back