What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Great minds? Well maybe... Ed, Jeff, and me all on the 66 bandwagon! OH
GEC-661317-Calf-Roper-fishing.jpg

View attachment 1316873 View attachment 1316871 View attachment 1316872

Okay, we are coming into the home stretch of my top 14 GEC patterns. Is that a collective sigh of relief I hear?

This is the new 86 pattern. It is a great design, but I found the two blade versions too heavy for pocket carry. Fortunately, I was able to find this SFO in a single blade. The wood is pine from the deck of the USS Texas, and the blade is Chad Nichols damascus. I have no idea why the dealer chose to put shields on both sides, but I really like this knife. The only version I would prefer is the single blade of Charlie’s SFO, @waynorth, but that one is made of unobtanium.

Next up, the 93 and the exception to my rules.

@CelloDan , that last bowl you turned is absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations. You are very talented.

@TheChunk91 , can’t get enough of you stockman knives!

@Gevonovich , many thanks for some
of the best posts on Blade Forums; definitely the most soulful.

@Crazy Canuck , John Prine is the Man as far as I am concerned.

JohnDF JohnDF , at least I have not bored one of you! Thanks for always being a positive force on the Porch!

Last edited:
I hope you don't either my friend! :eek: My friend at school once accidentally stabbed me with a short-bladed craft knife when we were about 10! :eek: Our main concern was being caned for misbehaving :rolleyes:
Wow, do you still have the scar? It sounds like you went to an interesting school. Nowadays, the students aren't concerned with much, I'd say. It's the teachers who have to mind their manners ;) Oh well, some of them were too heavy handed back in the day, I'm sure.

Just got this knife back from Joshua after he modified the blade shape and thinned the handles.
Dropping it in my pocket for a good long trial period. A stout user with an improved blade shape and scary sharp.
Nice one John, experimenting is a good thing :thumbsup:

The wood is pine from the deck of the USS Texas, and the blade is Chad Nichols damascus
Man, those are beautiful. Where was I during this pre-order o_O:(
That Damascus is fine and dandy, Sir :thumbsup:. It looks a lot like the pattern on my Moki posted earlier today. You mentioned it is Chad Nichols Damascus. The specific pattern looks like "raindrop." Not sure if you were supplied that information, or how well versed you are in Damascus. I just started investigating all the types/patterns upon getting my Moki a month or so ago. It's fascinating stuff :thumbsup::thumbsup: Again, nice knife, especially as a one-blade :cool:

TJ in the pocket today. Monday again, have a great week everyone :)

zULQ79W.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sure hope John Prine pulls through.... He's a treasure .

Back