What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

A good day here, although I spent it looking in vain for flour, I did manage a nice walk.
yIvlReU.jpg

Alox Knife of the Week is a Vic Secretary (thanks, Ken):
secretary.mark.closed.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the week is my only Wenger knife, an Esquire:
wenger.esquire.b4.jpg

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a white Imperial BSA (thanks, Rachel):
white.BSA.mark.Vflat.etch.jpg

International Knife of the Week is a JJ Martinez wood-clad navaja de campaña purchased while visiting Granada, Spain:
campana.open.out.jpg

- GT

What a great start JJ, superb :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is doing OK, and staying well :thumbsup: I'm toting these three today, 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot, Waynorth Black Jack, and a Tereva Jaakaripuukko

sbMqeCq.jpg

YhuruIO.jpg

IHO4t20.jpg
Thank you very much Jack!!!
You continue to put together a terrific threesome; I liked the Tereva Jaakaripuukko so much I ended up with three of them, 2 regular and 1 long (10 & 12 CM)!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
secretary-mark-closed-jpg.1317106

wenger-esquire-b4-jpg.1317109

white-bsa-mark-vflat-etch-jpg.1317110

International Knife of the Week is a JJ Martinez wood-clad navaja de campaña purchased while visiting Granada, Spain:
campana-open-out-jpg.1317113
Quite the quartet Gary; I am still enthralled with your white Imperial BSA, very cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

secretary-mark-closed-jpg.1317106

wenger-esquire-b4-jpg.1317109

white-bsa-mark-vflat-etch-jpg.1317110

campana-open-out-jpg.1317113

Another nice weekly knife selection, Gary.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

This thread has again left me in the dust! :eek::( I think this are some quotes from folks who treated me kindly last week. :)
Very nice Gary :) :thumbsup:
Very nice Gary :thumbsup:
Thanks X 2, Jack. :)

Just came in the mail - the Compact Mod. Quality of the build is super. All titanium scales, liners and pocket clip. Nice feel in the pocket and in the hand. ...
View attachment 1312984 View attachment 1312985
Congrats, Bill; I enjoyed reading your first impressions! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

5K Qs 5K Qs - Great looking Böker Beer Barrel Canoe.
Danke schön, Harvey! :)

I think for Thursday I will carry five blades to work--two classic American patterns:
5IpkOCr.jpg

Harvey & Vince, thanks for the reminders that Easter is on the way! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Excellent choice for the week, Gary.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, José. :)
Your stag 83 is sensational!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, GT. :)
Obviously the Lamb is the Tramp.
I'd never treat a Lady the way I do that one. ;)
Thanks for the clarification, John. :)

Beautiful tortoise shell, Gary. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you, Gary. The knife slip was made by BF's own Barry of GunstockJacks. He does fantastic and durable work.
Thanks, Dean; I have a couple of Rough Rider tortoise shell examples and think they do it well! :) Thanks also for the slip info.

For Black Friday, I'm totin' these two.

View attachment 1314666
Bewitching brace of black knives, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

For today I'm going for a pretty beefy stockman with a lot of blades. :)
Oooh, doggies, JJ! Bonus blades on that beauty! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Today with a stag modified Victorinox.;):thumbsup:
I'm thrilled by stag covers, and I admire SAKs, so I think you knife is ideal, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

My greedy threesome for today ;) :thumbsup:
Fine triple play, Jack; I especially favor that Italian sodbuster! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Been using this quarantine time to get things done around the house. I was reorganizing the tools in my shed when I spotted a shelf of oil cans. I remembered the oil can photos in this thread so I grabbed the old MILSPEC Camillus pocketknife that hangs on a hook in the shed, and composed a quick pic. Not all contain oil, but all are “oil cans”. OH
Camillus-MILSPEC-1966.jpg

Been using this quarantine time to get things done around the house. I was reorganizing the tools in my shed when I spotted a shelf of oil cans. I remembered the oil can photos in this thread so I grabbed the old MILSPEC Camillus pocketknife that hangs on a hook in the shed, and composed a quick pic. Not all contain oil, but all are “oil cans”. OH
Camillus-MILSPEC-1966.jpg
Very cool!

Back