What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Bought this one about a month ago at a Pawn Shop, was in a package deal with another knife and some 16 Ga cleaning supplies. As is usual with these knives the Delrin is cracked by the lanyard hole but solid and stable - if you can get by that it’s a decently made knife. Threw it in my pocket yesterday - got someone’s initials on the bolster (MWW) but it was still NIB when I bought it. OH
Remington-R1173-L-1984.jpg

Man, that blue is some kind of electric:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:. I love SAK Pioneers; so useful and handy.

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

I love this color - puts me in an Easter/Spring mood.

I also really like the Pioneers. The Cadets feel too small in my hand but the Pioneer is just right. I wouldn't mind scissors, but not sure I would like an extra spring.

View attachment 1317898 View attachment 1317899 View attachment 1317895 View attachment 1317894 View attachment 1317896 View attachment 1317897 View attachment 1317900 View attachment 1317901

The top knife is an older Cadet, with ribbed alox and a real pen blade rather than a nail file. My wife carried this knife all through Africa many years ago so it has sentimental value. The red one is an Old Cross Pioneer and the orange is a current production Farmer. What great knives these are!

Thank you AnW AnW , that blue Pioneer looks great, and it inspires me post these.

Onebigbill Onebigbill , great Pioneer X, and I couldn’t agree more with your description.

Chui Chui , Paul, please tell us more about that beautiful custom! Is that the native pattern?

Last edited:
I love this color - puts me in an Easter/Spring mood.

I also really like the Pioneers. The Cadets feel too small in my hand but the Pioneer is just right. I wouldn't mind scissors, but not sure I would like an extra spring.
This is my Pioneer X. I too love the way Pioneers fit the hand and this one is just right for me. The scissors are a real bonus.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
IMG_2231.JPG

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

Three nice choices there Jack! :thumbsup: Well four, if you count “The Yorkshire Soap”! ;) Mango! :thumbsup: :D

Thanks Ron, that firm could do with some better branding on their packaging :D ;) :thumbsup:

I’m sheltered in with these two wooden clad companions this morning! :thumbsup: I’ve got my Ebony #35 Tidioute Churchill and my Ironwood Wright’s Big ‘un Lambsfoot. I hope y’all are all safe and well! :D

49646930608_431e4bd222_o_d.jpg

Nice pairing my friend :thumbsup:

View attachment 1317837 Klein, Wright, and spinach.

Looks like a solid working pair Jeff :thumbsup:

Nice choice Bill ;) :thumbsup:

A sweet little knife but that little darling of yours steals the show! What beautiful eyes!
She says How kind of you ! That sure is some fine bloodwood...wow

JB Ebony Lamb Foot SFO.
View attachment 1317774

Forgot the name of this Sheffield Pruner sold in Australia.
13138191-0B3D-458E-B6E1-A59FC122B80F_zps4a5nhlwn.jpeg

Great photos !!!!

Beautiful images of you lovely tote and feline buddy; great way to spend the day!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

For today I'll be pocketing these two wood covered totes from France. :)
Thanks kindly and those two get my heart racing !!!!

If those are both in your pocket today I hope you've got suspenders or an industrial strength belt!
Well the Whaler gets carried in a custom made belt sheath. The 86 is getting shipped off to my brother, so that was carried in it’s tube. But, yes, that is a lot of weight for one belt to carry.

Reactions: AnW
Back