What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Cleaning rifles to put away, so not heavy totin' today. The Ed Love bowie was toted for photographic purposes only; the unknown maker custom folder was toted for fun.

cYYiMuk.jpg

- Stuart

Fabulous JJ :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone has a pleasant weekend. Stay safe out there :thumbsup:

fzVhalP.jpg

7EObcsk.jpg

N32Qn1Y.jpg
Thanks very much Jack!!! Highly attractive threesome; very unique clip bladed fixed, as well!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
The ‘47 was my first love JJ! :) I love my other knives but a nice pair of Cases is still a sight to behold to these old eyes! ;) :thumbsup:
That's really awesome Ron; thank you kindly!!!
I picked these three for today! I’ve got a Humphreys Radiant Lambsfoot, a #73 NF Scout Trapper with stag and a #77 NF Barlow with stag! :thumbsup: We probably won’t get out of the house today, except to get the mail. If I get really ambitious I might do some work in the yard. I hope everyone stays safe and has a blessed day! :thumbsup: :)

49760955342_82ca0f92fd_o_d.jpg
Three wonderful choices for you today; the covers are fabulous on each one!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Maiden Voyage. Joseph Rodgers.
321EFC2B-7EF9-4194-B523-3BA7FEB3CBED_zpsn8zry2io.jpeg

708AD88A-F415-4D3F-9CE7-D28A8F2263B1_zpscygyxjqc.jpeg
Thank you kindly Harvey!!! You really have quite the magic touch for finding wonderful lambs like your latest Rodgers; those mammoth ivory covers are quite awesome too!!!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. I plan to go back in about a week with a little bag and pick some. I'm pretty sure I'll remember where it is. :confused:
LByhCrQ.jpg

Good luck Rachel! :D Great focusing there :D :) :thumbsup:

Saturday tote

nYWWKoB.jpg

hgSoSGY.jpg

Nice to see that Lambsfoot Steve ;) :thumbsup:

Fantastic Trio, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot John :) :thumbsup:

Good-looking trio Joshua, nice mod on that Opinel :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack!

Nice carries today! Be safe yourself.

The little Dozier is along for the day. The chives are growing, and I'll be snipping some for salads pretty soon.

Doing a Easter basket drop off for my grandkids a little later. Keeping our distance of course.

Hoping to make a liquor store stop while we're out. We'll see how busy it looks and decide.

It'll be Tuesday before we should shop again. Our county is on a voluntary schedule for shopping. Even year birthdays are Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday for odd years. Sunday a free for all I guess. We try to do our part.
2RVl2m8.jpg

Thanks Gary, safe travels my friend :) That shopping schedule sounds like a good idea :thumbsup:

Good morning Jack! Stay safe with your trio of knives today my friend! :thumbsup: :D

Thanks pal, you too :) :thumbsup:

I picked these three for today! I’ve got a Humphreys Radiant Lambsfoot, a #73 NF Scout Trapper with stag and a #77 NF Barlow with stag! :thumbsup: We probably won’t get out of the house today, except to get the mail. If I get really ambitious I might do some work in the yard. I hope everyone stays safe and has a blessed day! :thumbsup: :)

49760955342_82ca0f92fd_o_d.jpg

Titanic trio Ron, love that Radiant :cool: :thumbsup:

QgjWFkH.jpg

Lambsfoot & Langres

Those two go together well Vince :) :thumbsup:

Peanut-like Knife of the Week is a Case mini copperhead:
View attachment 1319821

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Joker big stag lockback:
View attachment 1319822

Lambsfoot of the Week is a Jack Black SFO Hartshead LAMbsfoot BARlow JACKknife that I call LamBarJack:
View attachment 1319824

- GT

Fantastic threesome Gary :thumbsup:

View attachment 1320029 View attachment 1320027 View attachment 1320026 View attachment 1320030

This is one knife that I use a lot. The first time I carried it, I was at a horse show. A friend saw it in my side sheath and asked if she borrow it. Of course, I immediately said yes being happy for my knife to already prove its usefulness. About an hour later, she returned it with a bent tip. She used it to pry a broken key from the lock of her horse trailer! Oh well, it is a user!

It is also one of Case’s best current production efforts. The action is buttery smooth. I prefer knives without half stops. And the hoof pick works well.

Ouch! :eek: I have stopped lending knives to people, my first question when asked is 'What do you want it for?' Nice knife Leslie, well photographed :) I imagine it comes in handy :thumbsup:

Stag for Saturday.
L7mTh9s.jpg

Great pic Dave :) :thumbsup:

Stunning photo of your Ancient Barlow Dwight :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack! :thumbsup: Is that some sort canvas bag or pack that your Waynorth Lambsfoot is resting on? I noticed it was made in Minnesota.

I had this #25 in my pocket today. I bought this knife from Bob (aka @BigBiscuit), who had added the EO notch, which I really like on these spear point #25’s, and I always think of him when I’m carrying it. It’s definitely a “keeper.” :)

4BTHWir.jpg

I have quite a few of those canvas pouches, in different sizes, Barrett :) Made in Duluth. A little pricey over here, but good quality, and they remind me of my pals in Minnesota :) :thumbsup:

MkgAle7.jpg

Nice photo my friend :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you, Jack. Triple nice trio of cutlery.

Maiden Voyage. Joseph Rodgers.
321EFC2B-7EF9-4194-B523-3BA7FEB3CBED_zpsn8zry2io.jpeg

Thank you Harvey, congratulations on that splendid find :cool: :thumbsup:

Cleaning rifles to put away, so not heavy totin' today. The Ed Love bowie was toted for photographic purposes only; the unknown maker custom folder was toted for fun.

cYYiMuk.jpg

- Stuart

Great-looking Bowie Stuart :thumbsup:

Thanks very much Jack!!! Highly attractive threesome; very unique clip bladed fixed, as well!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like the these two for today. :)

Thank you kindly JJ, that's another of the Sheffield 'Town Patterns', a 5" Whittle-Tang Bowie by Wright's :) I always enjoy seeing that pair JJ :) :thumbsup:

Happy Easter folks :) Site is busy, and it's taken me nearly until lunchtime to catch up just a little. Just had my coffee and ginger biscuits :D Three black knives for me today ;) Have a good Sunday my friends, stay safe and well :thumbsup:

Io4mNDt.jpg

ItB7uLO.jpg

ZMHqjx5.jpg

Three wonderful choices for you today; the covers are fabulous on each one!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks JJ! :)

I like the these two for today. :)
Nice old Remingtons JJ! :thumbsup: :cool:

Paint it Black...Ebony Talon today. The Orthodox Church is near where I live, no bells tolling in the early morning or Easter Mass :( But it's still Easter:thumbsup:

oV0yKUh.jpg

5UJKFcx.jpg
Barehead, that’s the way the #92 should be Will! :thumbsup: Viruses may come and go, but Easter is for eternity! Be safe and well my friend. :)

Titanic trio Ron, love that Radiant :cool: :thumbsup:

Happy Easter folks :) Site is busy, and it's taken me nearly until lunchtime to catch up just a little. Just had my coffee and ginger biscuits :D Three black knives for me today ;) Have a good Sunday my friends, stay safe and well :thumbsup:

Io4mNDt.jpg

ItB7uLO.jpg

ZMHqjx5.jpg
Thanks for the compliment on my Radiant Jack! :) You’ve picked three nice ones for Easter! :thumbsup: Nice Ebony in your choices. I don’t recall that Ebony S&M. Is that from the Heritage Series? Now that Ebony Bigun, well you already know how I feel about that beauty! ;) Have a safe and blessed Easter my friend! :D :thumbsup:

Well, for Easter Sunday, what else:
u4eXjLj.jpg

Case trapper. It was a Christmas gift from my boss. So it's a Christmas AND Easter knife! The handle is smooth bone. Feels great, looks great. I love it.

Whether you celebrate Easter or not, I'm wishing everyone a safe and happy Sunday. :)
Happy Easter.

I was praising and thanking Him for the Cross on my way to work this morning.

Good Morning and Happy Saturday to Everybody
Nice work, John.

Love this photo. It makes me want to travel...

I6qzt1Z.jpg

Small stockman for today. Have a good weekend everyone.
Captivating little knife!

Yesterday and this morning I had these with me for painting and other chores.
The TL-29 opens paint cans effortlessly.
PVtMQTa.jpg
The TL-29 rules.:cool:
There would be a lot fewer broken and bent blades out there if everyone had a TL-29!:D

Northwoods Bullet Jack for Stagurday

Always enjoy your photos, Frank.

Obenauf Leather treatment Before and after shot. Great stuff ! :thumbsup:
0WUfnzn.jpg

HTsSQna.jpg
The Bushcrafter is a looker for sure.:thumbsup:

Forgoing my normal fixed blade as I don’t have much cutting on my plate for today, other than making a big ole’ pot of venison pasta.

Hmm. I have a chunk of venison roast that I smoked in the freezer. Might make a good Easter dinner...

View attachment 1320029 View attachment 1320027 View attachment 1320026 View attachment 1320030

This is one knife that I use a lot. The first time I carried it, I was at a horse show. A friend saw it in my side sheath and asked if she borrow it. Of course, I immediately said yes being happy for my knife to already prove its usefulness. About an hour later, she returned it with a bent tip. She used it to pry a broken key from the lock of her horse trailer! Oh well, it is a user!

It is also one of Case’s best current production efforts. The action is buttery smooth. I prefer knives without half stops. And the hoof pick works well.
First of all, that is a gorgeous animal!
Secondly, you need a TL-29 to lend.:cool:
Thirdly, you can’t borrow my knife if you’re going to let the edge touch metal like that.:D

Hess Mini Caper. Use this handy knife almost daily. The blade grind is pretty bad and it gets a little squirrelly at the top
Of the tang near the handle. Not impressed but it’s a user for sure.

View attachment 1320194View attachment 1320195View attachment 1320196
I can’t make out your photos, but those criticisms can’t be all that bad if you use it almost every day. I like that blade shape!
Well, for Easter Sunday, what else:
u4eXjLj.jpg

Case trapper. It was a Christmas gift from my boss. So it's a Christmas AND Easter knife! The handle is smooth bone. Feels great, looks great. I love it.

Whether you celebrate Easter or not, I'm wishing everyone a safe and happy Sunday. :)
I knew we’d get to see your Easter Trapper today, Vince!
Happy Easter, my friend.:)

Paint it Black...Ebony Talon today. The Orthodox Church is near where I live, no bells tolling in the early morning or Easter Mass :( But it's still Easter:thumbsup:

oV0yKUh.jpg

5UJKFcx.jpg
It sure feels “different” this year for sure!
Normally, I’d be showered and dressed and running through my music at this time on Easter Sunday.:(

Jack Black Jack Black ~ Are you totin the Skean Dhu tucked into a sock under a kilt?:eek:

Last edited:
Back