What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

ND3r2LVh.jpg

I like the these two for today. :)

Really ravishing Remingtons, JJ.

Nice barehead S&M jack, Jack.

I picked two for this morning. I’ve got a carryover from Saturday, my Humphreys Radiant Lambsfoot. It just felt too good to put it away! ;) It’s joined by my Damascus Wharncliffe Mini Trapper. :) :thumbsup:

Both are "big bonus" knives, Ron.

Great-looking Bowie Stuart :thumbsup:

The Bowie looks like a fun tote too.

Thanks, guys. It is surprisingly light, 13 5/8" OAL, 11.2 oz. Sharp as a scalpel.

A fitting pair in a fine portrait, Jeff.

Barlow and a Stockman for Easter

LDYfFeG.jpg

That's how you do it!! As others have said, well done, Steve.

Outstanding knife, Gev. Case closed!

Good stuff, Dean.

An awesome old Olsen, Jack.

Nice to see all of those Stuart, I should have slipped a Sausage Tester in my pocket when I was having my one-man BBQ yesterday :D :thumbsup:

Oh, I see now. The proportions and perspective fooled me. Those are Grape Testers. :p:D

You never cease to amaze buddy! :thumbsup: Stay safe Stuart! :)

Thanks, y'all. R8shell, the Böker is a worn whittler * with two stubby/worn/broken secondaries (one too shy to appear) and the Morley is, I believe, a slim sleeveboard jack.

MiEGyoq.jpg

But from now on, they will be Grape Testers.
* After consulting Levine's Guide to Knives and Their Values, I think the Morley is a 3 blade physician's knife, rather than whittler.

Good representation of me and my current situation. It's not the best looking. I have much nicer ones. It's missing the finger guard. In these days we've learned to get by with just the necessities. But, it's got solid walk and excellent snap. And, "it will cut."View attachment 1321163

Looks like you're getting your collection wired, Alan.

A most excellent pair, Ron. Is that bone on the lambsfoot or gumfuddy?

- Stuart

Last edited:
Jack Black Jack Black Thanks and nice trio you're totin' !

Thanks Steve :) :thumbsup:

Really cool old Pointy Sticky thing there Jack!
“Tucked away, but not in a sock”...flirting with disaster!:eek:

Glad you like my 293Y, and 881Y! The Stockman was a very thoughtful gift from Rachell @r8shell, so I’d have a yellow sibling to my Trapper.

Thanks buddy! :D :thumbsup:

2019 BF & Dave Ferry's TapaderoView attachment 1321139

Very cool :cool: :thumbsup:

0QqN32l.jpg

ehDx7bN.jpg

Hartshead Barlow Jack Black SFO
Bark River Little Creed

Nice pairing Dan :) Great pics :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! :) I was mistaken on your S&M because I thought it was Ebony. :confused: The Horn must be very black! A very nice trio for today Jack. :thumbsup: It's always a treat to see your Unity! :D :thumbsup:

Ron, I'm losing my marbles, it IS ebony! :eek: Sorry (again) :rolleyes: Thanks pal :thumbsup:

Hope everyone had a pleasant weekend. Li'l Lambsfoot and Patriot today for Micarta Monday.

bKdOzEu.jpg

Those two go well together Mike :cool: :thumbsup:

After a rough and stormy night I needed one with some color to cheer me up! :D The #53 TK Cuban with Christmas Lights Acrylic fills the bill for colorful! :thumbsup: The other one, well it's a Lambsfoot! ;) A TEW with Bexoid handles! Y'all stay safe out there! :)

49768726573_2ed3078021_o.jpg

Glad you're OK my friend :) Those two certainly put a smile on MY face :) :thumbsup:

Nice barehead S&M jack, Jack.

Thank you Stuart :) :thumbsup:

My house was built by Sir Walter Scott

How cool is that!

A few of his quotes:
"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!"

"Each age has deemed the new-born year the fittest time for festal cheer."

"Look back, and smile on perils past."

Along with me today is this "Little David" from Bud Nealy. I like the knife, very handy. I also like it because my little brother is named David. I won't show the belt sheath as it's one of those modern thingamabobs.
cXXNGzH.jpg

Both are "big bonus" knives, Ron.

A most excellent pair, Ron. Is that bone on the lambsfoot or gumfuddy?
Thanks for the compliment Stuart! I believe the Lambsfoot is what they call Bexoid. It’s probably similar to gumfuddy. I’m sure Jack Jack Black Jack Black can tell us more about the material. :)

Ron, I'm losing my marbles, it IS ebony! :eek: Sorry (again) :rolleyes: Thanks pal :thumbsup:

Glad you're OK my friend :) Those two certainly put a smile on MY face :) :thumbsup:
You’re not losing your marbles Jack! You probably shot them all up in your sling shots! :eek: :D Thanks for the compliment Jack and thanks for the well wishes. Tornadoes can be a scary thing. :)

D Duckdog ~ thank you, Stuart!
After a rough and stormy night I needed one with some color to cheer me up! :D The #53 TK Cuban with Christmas Lights Acrylic fills the bill for colorful! :thumbsup: The other one, well it's a Lambsfoot! ;) A TEW with Bexoid handles! Y'all stay safe out there! :)

49768726573_2ed3078021_o.jpg

Thanks for the compliment Stuart! I believe the Lambsfoot is what they call Bexoid. It’s probably similar to gumfuddy. I’m sure Jack Jack Black Jack Black can tell us more about the material. :)

You’re not losing your marbles Jack! You probably shot them all up in your sling shots! :eek: :D Thanks for the compliment Jack and thanks for the well wishes. Tornadoes can be a scary thing. :)

I was curios if Bexoid was a boring name for Gumfuddy, so I looked it up.

I found an old article describing how Bexoid was a suitable substitute for the celluloid they used to make ping pong balls out of! It’s a celluloid oxide with plasticizers that made it not flammable like celluloid. Of course, I had a mental image of a ping pong ball exploding when my Dad would kill me with a slam shot. Never did, but man, he could rock the slam shot.

Another article credits Case with using Gumfuddy during WWII, when they couldn’t get natural materials.

Mr Black will doubtless have more info.

Cheers!

Carrying today : Was about to head out the door to go to Wally World when my friend fromTennessee Half/Stop Half/Stop Ron called to talk and after a while he advised that I should check my mailbox first . Well I did as we left .
This is what I was carrying at the time :

At the mailbox was this in a box :

Ron's wife Pam had made some Masks for us . And they are great .
But wait , there was more

Ron knew that I was thinking about getting a Maserin .

It is a very nice knife my friends and sharp as heck .
But wait , there was even more

Ron knew that I had given away 2 of the 2019 Blade Forums Knife and had none left .

I do not get easily blown away , but I was today .
I am going to carry and use the BF Knife like it was a borrowed mule .
As I am typing , my Waynorth Lambfoot and the 2019 BF Knife are in my pockets and I am a very happy guy and extremely proud to know and have a friend like Ron .
Thank you very much my friend .

Harry

Carrying today : Was about to head out the door to go to Wally World when my friend fromTennessee Half/Stop Half/Stop Ron called to talk and after a while he advised that I should check my mailbox first . Well I did as we left .
This is what I was carrying at the time :

At the mailbox was this in a box :

Ron's wife Pam had made some Masks for us . And they are great .
But wait , there was more

Ron knew that I was thinking about getting a Maserin .

It is a very nice knife my friends and sharp as heck .
But wait , there was even more

Ron knew that I had given away 2 of the 2019 Blade Forums Knife and had none left .

I do not get easily blown away , but I was today .
I am going to carry and use the BF Knife like it was a borrowed mule .
As I am typing , my Waynorth Lambfoot and the 2019 BF Knife are in my pockets and I am a very happy guy and extremely proud to know and have a friend like Ron .
Thank you very much my friend .

Harry
Pretty awesome. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Half/Stop Half/Stop - I’m just crazy about your 53 Cuban. That acrylic is something else.
Thank you Harvey! :)

Robeson Cutlery/Rochester(1917-1939) with the Iron Horse.
E4D263F2-01A8-4B38-86A5-840DFAAAAFF3_zpsclifpmha.jpeg

Sheffield Lamb Foot with a sandwich cookie.
View attachment 1321347
Two nice ones Harvey! Beautiful Stag on your Lambsfoot! :)

I was curios if Bexoid was a boring name for Gumfuddy, so I looked it up.

I found an old article describing how Bexoid was a suitable substitute for the celluloid they used to make ping pong balls out of! It’s a celluloid oxide with plasticizers that made it not flammable like celluloid. Of course, I had a mental image of a ping pong ball exploding when my Dad would kill me with a slam shot. Never did, but man, he could rock the slam shot.

Another article credits Case with using Gumfuddy during WWII, when they couldn’t get natural materials.

Mr Black will doubtless have more info.

Cheers!
Thanks for your research Jeff! Stay safe my friend! :)

I had this knife in my pocket yesterday: a MYERS melon tester (4 13/16"). A really nice carry.

tlISKdN.jpg

7vMDDex.jpg

Gpetfsb.jpg

Today, I switched that for these two: a waterfall-clad Schrade citrus tester (4 7/16", 1946-1973) and an L L Bean melon tester/taster combo (made in Italy, 4 3/4").

P99LzxN.jpg

3V7bS02.jpg

kHmJnfy.jpg

wNtxCHl.jpg

I'm pretty sure that the Schrade was a gift from my Uncle Romie to his brother, my stepfather from whom I inherited most of my knives, as Uncle Romie was a paper products engineer who worked for National Container Corporation in Jacksonville, FL and lived in Ponte Vedra. It feels extra light in my pocket. The Bean knife is an anomaly for me, as I usually eschew eating with folding knives. But a nice cold melon nearby . . .
- Stuart

Back