What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

The last week I've been going to work with a lower back that's out and when I'm home have been hurting too bad to want to get online so I had a LOT of catchup to do on the forum here.
Today is my 41st b-day
View attachment 1321587 View attachment 1321588

View attachment 1321589
This has been my favorite carry lately.

That's really nice work, thanks for sharing.

Pascha is the day all Orthodox are on the same calendar. I'm new calendar and most of my family is old calendar but Pascha we all agree on.

Enjoy seeing pictures of herbs, I work with them all day long but in the dried and chopped or ground state.

Happy Birthday young man . Hope your back feels better soon . I do not look forward to not seeing your postings .

Harry

1DhpwtB.jpg

The last week I've been going to work with a lower back that's out and when I'm home have been hurting too bad to want to get online so I had a LOT of catchup to do on the forum here.
Today is my 41st b-day

Happy Birthday and I hope your back gets better. I can sympathize with you on that.

Nice pairing Les :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack!

Fab pic of those two Bobby Dazzlers Dan :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack :)

lol, my English vocabulary is certainly expanding :D TY :thumbsup:

Bobby Dazzlers ( Urban Dictionary )

"Quaint coloquial term from northern England pertaining to someone very special indeed, either through good looks or by simply wearing something fancy"

I'll try it on my wife :D .... something like:

" You are such a Bobby Dazzler today honey "

.... yes ? .... no? :D

Yeah, I have a couple without the fork :) This one, by Wusthof, has meaty associations :D

ZujM2hY.jpg

While the other, has an unusual 'holster', which looks like it's designed to be fixed to a bar or counter.

3mBLb9d.jpg

I don't have a great deal of use for such a long, slim blade, but I think the related patterns are interesting nonetheless :) :thumbsup:

Yeah, you can't bash it off with a hammer Ron! :D I see an awful lot of battered Army clasp knives, but the scales are always still there! :rolleyes: I have this one, by TEW, where the Bexoid has been smoothed out on one side only. I imagine some young soldier, with time on his hands, sat in a desert slit trench, smoothing out the Bexoid with a hot spoon. Then his sergeant coming along, and bawling at him, or Rommel appearing on the horizon, and the job never getting finished :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

R3X8wUp.jpg

So I see my friend :) Pretty crazy times :(

Great story Ron, that's nice :) @herder told me about Janesville, that's a real shame, what a great bunch! Hopefully you can all meet up again next year my friend :)

Thanks buddy :) I sure wish I had some nice sausages to sample! :D :thumbsup:
Thank you for your kind words Jack. Your knives and all the information you bring are always very much enjoyed and appreciated my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! :D :thumbsup:

Today is my 41st b-day

Happy Birthday, Josh! 41! I kinda remember being 41, been awhile for sure.
Hope the back feels better soon.

I haven't put this one on my belt in awhile. Mace Vitali EDC, forged 1084 with copper liners and some nice stag.
Sx0vK0v.jpg

That's how you do it!! As others have said, well done, Steve.

- Stuart
Thanks !

I had this knife in my pocket yesterday: a MYERS melon tester (4 13/16"). A really nice carry.

tlISKdN.jpg

7vMDDex.jpg

Gpetfsb.jpg

Today, I switched that for these two: a waterfall-clad Schrade citrus tester (4 7/16", 1946-1973) and an L L Bean melon tester/taster combo (made in Italy, 4 3/4").

P99LzxN.jpg

3V7bS02.jpg

kHmJnfy.jpg

wNtxCHl.jpg

I'm pretty sure that the Schrade was a gift from my Uncle Romie to his brother, my stepfather from whom I inherited most of my knives, as Uncle Romie was a paper products engineer who worked for National Container Corporation in Jacksonville, FL and lived in Ponte Vedra. It feels extra light in my pocket. The Bean knife is an anomaly for me, as I usually eschew eating with folding knives. But a nice cold melon nearby . . .
- Stuart

Interesting knives Stuart !

Bc3XrJk.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend. I decided today was a good day for a scout.

Sweet old PAL !

Back