What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Northwoods Indian River Jack today

R7ONhiG.jpg

When we took our family to Scotland in 2010 to celebrate our 50th , some of us were enamored with the Highland Cattle . In Scotland , they are generally called Coos , not cows . One of our daughters has found out that this is not Tuesday but Coosday so she sometimes sends us pictures of Highland Coos on Coosday . This picture reminds me of how I remember Scotland . Very Hilly , overcast , Lochs , and Highland Coos .

Knife content today is the 2 knives that my friend Half/Stop Half/Stop Ron gifted to me . They are laying on top of our Tomato Seed starter container that is under a Grow Light . The Maserin is actually White not the color showing .

I really like that I can Pinch Open each knife . I still can't get over what a nice job GEC did on the Forum Knife and I prefer a Sheepfoot or Lambfoot for an EDC . The Maserin has D2 Steel Blade with steel liners . Thank you very much Ron .

Harry

Last edited:
Thank you Jack :)

lol, my English vocabulary is certainly expanding :D TY :thumbsup:

Bobby Dazzlers ( Urban Dictionary )

"Quaint coloquial term from northern England pertaining to someone very special indeed, either through good looks or by simply wearing something fancy"

I'll try it on my wife :D .... something like:

" You are such a Bobby Dazzler today honey "

.... yes ? .... no? :D

I hope she likes it Dan! :D :thumbsup:

Grumpy will do! :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Thank you for your kind words Jack. Your knives and all the information you bring are always very much enjoyed and appreciated my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron, you are very kind my friend :) :thumbsup:

The absolute quality of the friends that we tend to make on Bladeforums simply cannot be overstated. I’m carrying these two today, both just perfect.

FD15-E99-D-8067-4250-BBE2-D1-DF8-A48-C5-B0.jpg

Those two'll get the job done :) :thumbsup:

I haven't put this one on my belt in awhile. Mace Vitali EDC, forged 1084 with copper liners and some nice stag.
Sx0vK0v.jpg

I always admire that one Gary :cool: :thumbsup:

@Rose and Thistle Custom ~ whenever I’d complain that something hurt, Mom would say “ Well, you could smash your finger with a hammer. That would make you forget about it”. Hope this helps:D

My Grandfather would pull out his Camp/Scout knife, open the blade, and ask "What hurts?" :D

Camillus and a Wards today

UqeA6bC.jpg

Beautiful Steve :thumbsup:

Today's carry on a Tuesday....I thought today was Monday....:confused:
View attachment 1321801

LOL! I know that feeling Taylor :D Healthy patina on those piano keys :thumbsup:

When we took our family to Scotland in 2010 to celebrate our 50th , some of us were enamored with the Highland Cattle . In Scotland , they are generally called Coos , not cows . One of our daughters has found out that this is not Tuesday but Coosday so she sometimes sends us pictures of Highland Coos on Coosday . This picture reminds me of how I remember Scotland . Very Hilly , overcast , Lochs , and Highland Coos .

Knife content today is the 2 knives that my friend Half/Stop Half/Stop Ron gifted to me . They are laying on top of our Tomato Seed starter container that is under a Grow Light . The Maserin is actually White not the color showing .

I really like that I can Pinch Open each knife . I still can't get over what a nice job GEC did on the Forum Knife and I prefer a Sheepfoot or Lambfoot for an EDC . The Maserin has D2 Steel Blade with steel liners . Thank you very much Ron .

Harry

LOL! :D In the early 90's, a herd of Highland Cattle were introduced to graze on the moors near Sheffield. I was pretty surprised the first time I came across them :D

For one reason and another, I had to pinch open a knife while wearing fairly thick gloves. I was glad I had a Lambsfoot in my pocket ;) :thumbsup:

Too high to fish.
HZCDZZI.jpg

Great pic Dave :thumbsup:

The last week I've been going to work with a lower back that's out and when I'm home have been hurting too bad to want to get online so I had a LOT of catchup to do on the forum here.
Today is my 41st b-day
View attachment 1321587 View attachment 1321588

View attachment 1321589
This has been my favorite carry lately.

That's really nice work, thanks for sharing.

Pascha is the day all Orthodox are on the same calendar. I'm new calendar and most of my family is old calendar but Pascha we all agree on.

Enjoy seeing pictures of herbs, I work with them all day long but in the dried and chopped or ground state.

Happy Birthday!
rIcGKNO.jpg

I usually prefer natural covers, but I’ll make an exception for this Robeson.

I hope she likes it Dan! :D :thumbsup:

Those two'll get the job done :) :thumbsup:

I always admire that one Gary :cool: :thumbsup:

Beautiful Steve :thumbsup:

LOL! I know that feeling Taylor :D Healthy patina on those piano keys :thumbsup:

LOL! :D In the early 90's, a herd of Highland Cattle were introduced to graze on the moors near Sheffield. I was pretty surprised the first time I came across them :D

For one reason and another, I had to pinch open a knife while wearing fairly thick gloves. I was glad I had a Lambsfoot in my pocket ;) :thumbsup:

Great pic Dave :thumbsup:
Jack, I called one of my buddies this morning and said "Hey Al, happy Monday...:)" Silence from his end. "Taylor it's Tuesday....o_O" We both started cracking up laughing. :D:D:D

Harry
Looking good Harry! :thumbsup: I hope they serve you well my friend. GEC did an excellent job on our forum knives. They are really nicely done. The Maserin should be a real workhorse too. I know the D2 blade was razor sharp right out of the box. And it should hold an edge well. Again my friend, you are very welcome Harry! :) :thumbsup:

Too high to fish.
HZCDZZI.jpg
A feel good picture Dave! Thanks for posting it! :thumbsup: :D

:) :thumbsup:

You know...I’ve had hundreds, if not thousands, of knives pass through my hands. From Rough Ryder to GEC, Case to customs and a whole lot in between. And I’ll be damned if this isn’t my favorite blade to carry and use. Simple, snappy, solid and a whole lot more alliterative adjectives that presently escape me. Paired with my simple, trusty Timex.
A94177B3-C0CD-43B7-BEB7-F82D12CF3F4E.jpeg

Harry
YES.... or the way the Scots say it..... "heddy coos".... We saw one named Hamish somewhere over near the Three Sisters mountains. I was impressed at how small they were. I'm used to seeing longhorns...
We were on a bus tour of the Highlands. Beautiful country.

edit: We were there in 2008...

Last edited:
Back