What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

When we took our family to Scotland in 2010 to celebrate our 50th , some of us were enamored with the Highland Cattle . In Scotland , they are generally called Coos , not cows . One of our daughters has found out that this is not Tuesday but Coosday so she sometimes sends us pictures of Highland Coos on Coosday . This picture reminds me of how I remember Scotland . Very Hilly , overcast , Lochs , and Highland Coos .

Knife content today is the 2 knives that my friend @Half/Stop Ron gifted to me . They are laying on top of our Tomato Seed starter container that is under a Grow Light . The Maserin is actually White not the color showing .

I really like that I can Pinch Open each knife . I still can't get over what a nice job GEC did on the Forum Knife and I prefer a Sheepfoot or Lambfoot for an EDC . The Maserin has D2 Steel Blade with steel liners . Thank you very much Ron .

Harry
Very nice Harry, much like that Ron fella:D

For Twofer Twosday, I toted a couple of Cases: a 24 pattern regular jack (1920-1940) and a CASE XX fishing knife (1940-1965), the latter I used to cut old mono off of some baitcasting reels. Its sharpened false swedge hooked and cut the line easily.

riUr4ug.jpg

vEQlGkG.jpg

- Stuart

After seeing that cool Gehrig/Robeson post by cigarrodog cigarrodog I have Robeson on my mind. :)
Thank you JJ. You’re the one who directly sparked my interest in Robesons, like the fine pair you’re showing today. Always with a great image.

I, too, noticed a warp in the weave as the sun crossed over the yardarm signaling the Cocktail Hour.
:D:thumbsup:

Thank you, Harvey! I really enjoyed seeing that new Lambsfoot you scooped up - very fine.
Much thanks, Dylan. Great looking covers on the CK lionSTEEL.
Fantastic pics Harvey :) :thumbsup:

The last week I've been going to work with a lower back that's out and when I'm home have been hurting too bad to want to get online so I had a LOT of catchup to do on the forum here.
Today is my 41st b-day
Happy Birthday! May your back pain subside and heal quickly.

@Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Love the tester. I would use the fork when the cigar was getting to short to hold, fine image. Also love your Bexoid TEW.

Gevonovich Gevonovich - Beautiful image. Looked up the name below the image. Worty of further research.

For Twofer Twosday, I toted a couple of Cases: a 24 pattern regular jack (1920-1940) and a CASE XX fishing knife (1940-1965), the latter I used to cut old mono off of some baitcasting reels. Its sharpened false swedge hooked and cut the line easily.

riUr4ug.jpg

vEQlGkG.jpg

- Stuart
Smashing pair....wow !!! tested goodness indeed

D Duckdog ~ it does my heart good to see old knives getting toted, used, and loved.:thumbsup:

Smashing pair....wow !!! tested goodness indeed

Thanks, guys. Jeff, I have a nice old-school hardware store within walking distance from my house, staffed with nice young men who know their way around a hardware store. Ron @Half/Stop has ventured there with me. They have just about everything you need (nails by the pound, drawers of screws/bolts.nuts/washers, axes), but only a modest knife display. I like to drop in and pull out an old Case or Queen and ask them how old they think it is. After they CF/CE it a bit, I'll let them know it is 4 times their age. They always ask to see it again.

Oh, Lawd! Preserve me and give me strength! I have seen a heavenly glimpse and I can nothing else.

- Stuart

Back