What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I'm totin' these two for Twosday - a Queen City #82 hunter (1925-1945) and a Queen #52 large trapper (1958-1960):

hPEmrEZ.jpg

- Stuart

So I rocked my standby of more then 40 years ( not the same exact knife but same model) today and it once again handled everything I could expect from a pocket knife. I sit here now at my old work bench wondering why every few years I go on a search for a better everyday knife for me. All I ever end up doing is buy then selling and losing money on another knife that just doesn’t do anything more for me then the proven winner in my pocket.
At this point I just don’t see wasting 6-8 weeks to get a new $394 knife back from the manufacture just so I can sell it off so back goes my new Case Bose cattle knife to the dealer and in my pocket the 303 will stay. View attachment 1330577

You've actually reached an important juncture: knowing which knife suits, serves you best and understanding that pursuing others is largely futile;) I'd say it's an enviable state of being and knowing, an enlightenment :cool:

My path is still tramlines littered with distractions :D

Plain Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider gunstock checked canoe (thanks, Will):
canoe.checked.mark.open.jpg

Fancy Canoe this week is a Fight'n Rooster 4-blade gunboat model:
gunboat.mark.4open.bath.jpg

Sowbelly stockman this week is a Marbles stag bone (thanks, Randy):
sowbelly.mark.3open.jpg

Regular Stockman of the Week is a Buck 373:373.mark.closed.jpg

- GT

5K Qs 5K Qs
Thanks Gary, yes it was a trapper. It was a strange orange yellow color so the first mod it received was a dye job. Thought darker brown looked better with the gunstock style checkering;) I used a dremel with a cut off wheel and was careful to keep it cool. To finish I used a small machinist file and some 800 grit sandpaper. I thought the Rough Rider suited this mod because of the double pulls. I have another RR trapper unmodified I'll get some side by side pics tomorrow :thumbsup:

Today I'm going with a couple from Schrade; the "big fella" was made by GEC. :)
Thank you JJ.great image. Looks like your fine pair can perform tasks, big a small, with aplomb. Nicely lit, too.

nice Robeson, but that Jonathan Crookes is just spectacular
Thank you Jack. Your “Little Doagie” is very cool. The butter-toffee peanuts looks wonderful.

5K Qs 5K Qs - what a sweet looking Checkered canoe.

Back