What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Love the lithe Laguiole, Vince; good wood! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks, Gary. My most toted, though I don't post it every day.
Peanut-like Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider half-whittler:
halfwhit-pile-main-jpg.1332615

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Joker with asta autentica covers that my daughter bought for me when she was in Spain:
joker-elle-dock-jpg.1332616

My Lambsfoot of the Week is an A. Wright & Son 2019 Guardians ironwood lambsfoot, a Jack Black SFO that I named Valley Jack:
vj-pile-vback-wilcoxtree-jpg.1332617
Terrific trio. :thumbsup:
That’s some really attractive patina! Has an almost damascus quality to it.
EuRVzAu.jpg

I’m also going with a European knife. In my case, a Böker barlow.
Beautiful Barlow!
Triple Play must be an arcane reference to a game from the murky past:(
Baseball will be back, Jeff!
Come on in, the water's fine! Don't knock it until you've tried it ;) (kidding of course)

Morning everyone. Hope you have a great weekend ahead.

vwJ0NiN.jpg
Nice lambsfoot there, Mike. Beauty, eh? :p

I'm grateful for your kind comments, José. :) You also have impressive breadth to your collection, including that red stag Case mini trapper you posted! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you so much for your kindness, Gary.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today with this SAK alox pioneer "Kingfisher" two colors and with nº 97/100.;):thumbsup:

Fantastic photo of your Kingfisher Pioneer, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

That would be very cool indeed Gary! :D No worries, I had to look up what it was called! :D Useful trio there :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is doing OK :) These two for me today, my Hartshead Barklow, and a wee FB I picked up from a Polish maker called Grzegorz Kaczmarski. Have a good day folks :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)
Nifty pair of stag knives for Thursday! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Gary,
“Useful” > pretty is my rule for knives.
For women, it must be both!:rolleyes::D
Re: Vic Florists, I spent several hours the last three days re-potting termaters. The pruning blade was just the thing.

I think you’ve got about the best looking Sodbuster Jr around! And I love the Imperial jack.:thumbsup:
Case really has some beautiful Jigged Bone Gary! :thumbsup: I really love the Peachseed on that big Sodbuster. Stay safe my friend! :)
... And your Case Amber Sodbuster, Jr. is the best example of Amber bone I've seen (Hmmm, inspiration again?)!
I appreciate your replies, Jeff. :)
Thanks for the comments on my knives, Jeff & Ron & Dean. That amber bone Sodbuster Jr is one of the best examples (IMHO) of that cover I've seen, and the "Mother of Toilet Seat" Imperial is one of my favorite knives! :)
Jeff, your teardrop barehead 2-blade jack is superb, and Ron, the patina on your PD stag lambsfoot is fascinating! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Happy Thursday Everybody
John, you're gettin' jiggy wit it! :cool::cool:;)

GT, my Camillus and I thank you! Your Case pair have very nice bone and a great blade combo between them.
And Jack, the same thanks for my old Schrade. Going out today with the Possum Skinner.

nM2IOUT.jpg
That Possum Skinner is a noble knife, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for the positive feedback on my Case bone pair. :)

That's a great photo, Paul! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I don't think I've ever seen the engraving on my Douk-Douk as clearly as it shows up in your pic! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That is great color and jigging Gary. No company out there today can beat modern Case for the combination of jigging and blue bone. OH
Thank you for your kind knife comment. So good to see your mini copperhead (the inspiration for my purchase :)), it is a beauty.
Thank you GT. Just love that Case with the blue Jigged bone.
My favorite Case.

uw1t3U4.jpg
Thanks, Bruce & Dean & Harvey. :) I really like the navy blue bone with the red shield, including @Bastler's (mini?) Copperlock.

This one is sticking around a bit, slightly larger than a Peanut and only one blade but she's trim and slim and cuts well, fit and finish are lacking and goes toward one side and a bit of a blade wobble but doesn't seem to hurt the cutting. The other two things are golf balls that I cracked open and carved some characters, my first attempts at doing them, interesting stuff ;)

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2
That's some creative carving there, Gary! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Yes, standard beechwood. Size is No. 8. Wouldn't want smaller. And bigger may not be necessary.
Thanks for the info, Vince :); I thought the ?:eek:?bone?:eek:? (I obviously meant "wood" :rolleyes:) looked like it might be the oak or walnut I think Opinel offers. I don't think I'd want an Opinel bigger than #8, and in fact I prefer #7 (and maybe even #6 for pocket carry).

My Quarantine Carry. 100 years between them:
j2bLufG.jpg
Sweet new/old piano keys, Rachel! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Boker 7588 stockman, I*XL Barlow and Victorinox Cadet.

View attachment 1331614
Splendid trio, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I wonder if more people are carrying more knives with the pandemic rules in effect? In the past, you rarely carry 3 knives in a day, do you?

Enderes, Minn.
DB485D65-991D-45AB-9604-302831A8DF8D_zpsn83doy9k.jpeg

R.F. Mosley
View attachment 1331704
Superb pair of vintage knives, Harvey, and I'm not familiar with either maker! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Speaking of great bone scales :cool:
BOJ7tYv.jpg

Camillus for me today.
That Camillus EO makes me rattle and hum!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

A classic:
Agree, Vince; very classy classic, at that! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thought I'd pocket a couple of pens for Friday. :)
JJ, you post plenty of pulchritudinous pairs of pocket knives that make my heart go pit-a-pat, but that pair of shadow pens probably sets my pulse pounding most powerfully of all! :eek::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Yes Gary, several members of my family, going back at least to my Great Grandmother, worked for James Chesterman, and I lived near Bow Works more than half my life. Since the Sheffield-made ones usually employ Chesterman rules, they have a special significance for me. I also think it's a rather cool pattern :) Here's one by Joseph Westby :thumbsup:

0y9g6ic.jpg

Just try one....;) :D :thumbsup:

latest

Thanks for the story behind your interest in ruler knives, Jack, and for the fine photo of one. :) I doubt if your cartoon "enabler" will get me hooked on fixed blades, despite his obvious personal appeal! :D

- GT

Last edited:
Enjoying a Bojangles Cajun fillet sammich in my truck (gotta keep up that social distancing) and figured it was as good a time as any for a photo of my 1999 Case/Bose slim trapper and Case mini copperhead

Just recently become enamored with the mini copperhead (my precious addiction was the half Whittler). I think I like the wharncliffe main version better but I couldn't pass up this beautiful red bone!

Back