What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Fell behind on this thread and will have to catch up later. Toted these today - two for the pockets and one on the belt (only the Wright lambsfoot saw any action).

yz6vTWc.jpg

IMKAnEj.jpg

- Stuart

Thank you for the kind words JJ, and thanks for reminding me what day is with that wonderful wood :D :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack; believe me it's certainly a task to recall the day/date/year? lately!:eek:
I keep forgetting to post what I'm carrying today :rolleyes: My Hartshead Barlow, @gunstockjack 's Watchpocket Barlow, and a Kaufmann FB :thumbsup:

nUGPTAn.jpg

maETWCk.jpg

0Osx8FB.jpg
Extraordinary choices for today!:thumbsup::cool::cool:
Sweet pair of TL-29's
Thanks Steve!!!
Camillus 72 and a Remington UMC R21 today

wmdxq3d.jpg
Love the classic pair you have today; doesn't get much better than Camillus and Remington!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Laguiole en Aubrac “Ancestral.” Wood from the Region.
dba80fcf-4663-4943-b911-f59fd919dbb8-jpeg.1335248

e70ecb7f-4878-414f-9cfb-1e646d834d04-jpeg.1335249
A pair of beauties; your Laguiole is the closest I've seen to the early originals, very cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thank you. Yes, it does smell divine; not as strong as when it was new, but I wonder if a slight sanding with a very fine grit wouldn't open up that fragrance again?

- yes, I would guess it would enhance the fragrance, will give one of mine a try.

The first one I bought was a Laguiole on a trip with Harley mates in France years ago...........pulling out my knife, closing my eyes and taking a wide smile inhalation of the handle caused much mirth, and subsequent leg-pulling, among the guys :rolleyes:

......Juniper heaven :cool:

DE4F90FB-F9A8-48C2-8484-40C0441CF145.jpeg 3D04CABD-F93B-4B85-B23A-8D0C5D39C6DD.jpeg 049E6C69-D7F7-48A3-B43D-46DA7FEF266B.jpegFor the last several days my sixteen year old son and I have been exploring the various lakes, ponds and canals around our neighborhood (Southeast Florida) and have been carrying these two traditionals, mine an older custom I bought from a dealer who stated the knife was originally built as a one-off prototype using vintage USA Schrade parts, 55uh drop blade on a medium (3-7/8” closed) stockman frame. My son is carrying his first and only traditional, a Ropper medium stockman.

Two days ago we found a new secluded pond which we had to blaze a trail to access. We used my Spyderco Endura for the heavy chopping, but our smaller traditionals also had their turn at the dense brush. It’s alligator mating season so we’re careful not to get too close to the waters edge, especially in densely wooded areas.

Funny, I’ve been told several times during parent/teacher meetings that my son is immature for his age. I’d always tell those teachers, I have no problem with my son enjoying his youth. There’s plenty of time later on to take on all the challenges and stresses of the world. Plus at 53 I have just as much fun as him playing in the woods with cool knives!

Late yesterday afternoon my wife and daughter wanted to ride in the boat, so I put up my CV Case 6332 and grabbed this SS Case 63087 (that had never been carried). Enjoyed this smallish Medium Stockman enough that I’ve got it in my pocket again today. I like my 87 frame “Rhode Island Jack” and I think this little Stockman will be a good size knife too. Very snappy on all three blades and has an early version of the Workman style blade finish. OH
Case-63087-Medium-Stockman-1987.jpg

Back