What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

yvuUE8p.jpg
Just look at those safe queens! Do you think you’ll ever put them to use? :D

I have been told the 1967, is the hardest one to find.
Is any of the blades on your knife stamped "301"... Ken
source

source

source

source

Ken,
No the only tang stamp is the main. The secondary’s don’t have the “ BUCK” stamp the later ones did. As far as a model # stamp I don’t believe 301 was stamped on any knife until the 72’ Camillus made. Great collection you have there. I’ve only recently ( last year or so) branched into the 301. I have collected 303 for 20 or more years. Probably upwards of 250 over the years. 165 was the most ever at once. Down to 50 or so now and branching into all the contract stockman.

Last edited:
The rain stopped, the sun is coming up and I am not working! Shorts and flip flop shall be the uniform of the day so that calls for a slim light weight knife...
Single liner camie 303 should be exactly what is needed. It’s amazing what a difference that little piece of brass makes in both weight and size without having to drop down to a lesser ( my opinion) knife.
View attachment 1345297 View attachment 1345298 View attachment 1345299

Last edited:
Not sure what this weeks carry will be.
The Marbles MR278 "Demo" knife on its new 30 inch over-all length heavy duty double swivel wallet chain lanyard is a given.
(chain is attached to a SAK belt clip/carrier)

I'm not sure which stockman will get the Call to Duty. I haven't carried it for a spell, maybe I'll call up the RR 'A Stroke of Luck' stockman.

Since the MAM 'Operario' is such a good slicer, It may stay in the pocket.

Or, maybe I should forget carrying a stockman this week, and pair the "Demo" knife and MAM with a Barlow?
My Barlow's might be feeling a bit unappreciated since I haven't carried one in months ...

Indecisions ... Indecisions ...

edit:
I chose to go with the MR278, MAM, and a (BTI) Old Timer 280OT that hasn't seen any pocket time since I got it last month.

So, I got a spear point, clip point, sheepsfoot, and pen blade with no repetition/duplication.
(unless the pen blade is in actuality really nothing more but a "glorified" tiny spear point.)
That should cover anything knife task (short of skinning and gutting a big game critter) that comes up?

Last edited:
Back