What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Today I'm going with a pair of "yellow jacks." :)
Umc4hyq.jpg
That yellow cigar Jack is absolutely awesome!

Was kinda looking forward to having a big 307 in my pocket this weekend as I very rarely carry one. Actually I’ve only ever carried 3 of them each for a day as that’s all I own. Have two more in route but USPS never showed Yesterday so no love for the the monster stockman today. No harm as this 303 will do all I need and I’ll carry a couple biguns this week.
Have a wonderful Sunday all and be safe.
ClayView attachment 1350534

Today’s carry is a special one for me. This is my “Joseph” knife. Joseph is my 10 yr old adopted son. Today we are celebrating the 5th anniversary of his Forever Family Day. This is a huge milestone for us!

We were told by a child psychologist that , because Joseph was an older kid (five years old) when we got him, it would take at least five years for him to feel stable and secure in our home. It has been five good, but long, hard years, and by God’s grace he is definitely stable and locked in to our family.

He has autism and struggles emotionally and socially, but is the sweetest kid you could ever meet. I carry this knife for him because it reminds me to maintain my prayers and hope that God will heal his mind as he grows. And I think it’s awesome that the South Carolina motto is “While I Breathe I Hope”. And as a South Carolina boy through and through, I can get patriotic about my state in a heartbeat!

I’ve been connecting with the Porch community for the last five months and really enjoyed the knife talk, but have been pleasantly surprised at the amount of brotherhood present. I thought this would be the right place to share and celebrate a really good day for me and my family.

Two smiles that cross the Atlantic and arrive in Portugal, congratulations Jon.:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Outstanding post Jon, and what a great photo of you and Joseph :) Cool knife too :cool:
Thanks for the encouragement Jack!

I didn’t post yesterday, so I’m reading this early this morning! What a wonderful feel good post my friend! All my best to you and Joseph! That’s a great ole Schrade too! :thumbsup: :)
Thanks Ron! It was definitely a feel good day for my crew.

Two smiles that cross the Atlantic and arrive in Portugal, congratulations Jon.:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
And I will receive that Transatlantic congratulations with another smile. Thanks José!

Today’s carry is a special one for me. This is my “Joseph” knife. Joseph is my 10 yr old adopted son. Today we are celebrating the 5th anniversary of his Forever Family Day. This is a huge milestone for us!

We were told by a child psychologist that , because Joseph was an older kid (five years old) when we got him, it would take at least five years for him to feel stable and secure in our home. It has been five good, but long, hard years, and by God’s grace he is definitely stable and locked in to our family.

He has autism and struggles emotionally and socially, but is the sweetest kid you could ever meet. I carry this knife for him because it reminds me to maintain my prayers and hope that God will heal his mind as he grows. And I think it’s awesome that the South Carolina motto is “While I Breathe I Hope”. And as a South Carolina boy through and through, I can get patriotic about my state in a heartbeat!

I’ve been connecting with the Porch community for the last five months and really enjoyed the knife talk, but have been pleasantly surprised at the amount of brotherhood present. I thought this would be the right place to share and celebrate a really good day for me and my family.

B
y the way, this is a Schrade Walden 1976 4” stockman made for Parker. Minty mint condition!

The world needs more people like you.

Thank you very much Ron . It has turned out to be an almost unbelievable purchase . I may even hunt up that old lady and give her back her Easy Open Camillus ????? As I told you on the phone , I was just buying it for the Stag but it is in a much better condition than I even hoped for . It is even in my RFP right now . Have to put some Pocket Wear onto the high spots of the Stag . I am planning to see you folks yet this year and I will bring it along .
Those are some nice looking knives the you are carrying today my friend .
I will carry this one again today .

Take care my friend . You and Pam be careful putting up your New Deck .

Harry
Lol Harry, I bet you’ll hang onto that EO! I know I would! ;) Thanks for the compliment on my stag carries for today buddy! :) That pruner really is a grand old knife my friend. I’d say it’s worth at least $28 on a good day! :rolleyes: I really hope we get to see you guys sometime. We enjoy Nancy and your company and value your friendship more than you may know! We’ll stay safe and y’all please do the same my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Today I'm going with a pair of "yellow jacks." :)
Umc4hyq.jpg
Thank you JJ. Two yellow beauties, today. The cigar with the pinstripes is exceptional. Nice warm tones.

Thank you Harvey, smashing pic of your William Rodgers Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack. Every time I see the “Diamond Jack” I tell myself “What a beautiful knife.”

Back