What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

rf1s4wP.jpg

:cool::thumbsup:

"Black is black, I want my baby back."
ZY2jbRe.jpg
Oh my, that's an impressive Ebony Jack. Miller Bros?
I love your choices for today Rachel! I would be perfectly happy to have that pair in my pocket today. :thumbsup: That Copperhead is very nice, one of my favorite Case patterns! I do love an Ebony Lambsfoot! :thumbsup:
Thank you. The Copperhead came in the Neverending Passaround Box GAW months ago, but I'm just now starting to carry it. And of course, an Ebony Lambsfoot goes with everything. :D

Spaten Spaten what better present than one you gift yourself. I really like the Pock Hunter, I always carry a knife in my watch pocket and this one is a little more substantial than a Peanut not by much but it is noticeable.

Black and White.
BtZ2vzI.jpg
Rachel no scrimshaw on copperhead yet? I just want to thank you, my granddaughter chose the Scrimed RR Trapper that you put into the Neverending GAW Box she saw that knife and said "Mine", couldn't argue with that. she takes camping every time we go.

Thanks Harvey, all things considered, apart from the odd night, I've been sleeping pretty well recently :) Striking photo of your TEW :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful Gev :) :thumbsup:

Looks good to me Dave :) :thumbsup:

I have one of those I think Gary, but I haven't carried it yet, not enough days in the week unfortunately :D :thumbsup:

Winning pair Harry :thumbsup:

LOL! :D There was a time when I used to count knives when I couldn't sleep - I had a better memory then :rolleyes: Nice checkering on your handsome American Jack my friend :thumbsup:

aUFQRoK.jpg

H6TNzJ7.jpg
Great photographs Jack ! Thank you fine Sir:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh my, that's an impressive Ebony Jack. Miller Bros?

Thank you. Yes, Miller Bros. Super cheap, too, at a mall in Boukville NY. I thought I had a rare transitional one with one pin and one screw, but under magnification you can just see the second screw-slot.
3xId4dB.jpg

It's the sort of knife that demands respect beyond camaraderie for the previous owner.

Rachel no scrimshaw on copperhead yet? I just want to thank you, my granddaughter chose the Scrimed RR Trapper that you put into the Neverending GAW Box she saw that knife and said "Mine", couldn't argue with that. she takes camping every time we go.
Not yet, but I'm pondering a design.
I'm so happy to hear that the trapper is being used and enjoyed. And it's extra nice to know there are young'uns out there appreciating knives and camping. :):thumbsup:
Thank you. Yes, Miller Bros. Super cheap, too, at a mall in Boukville NY. I thought I had a rare transitional one with one pin and one screw, but under magnification you can just see the second screw-slot.
3xId4dB.jpg

It's the sort of knife that demands respect beyond camaraderie for the previous owner.
Fantastic find! Thanks for showing the blades.

Black and White.
BtZ2vzI.jpg

Nice pair Rachel :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice to see Zoro out for a ride again. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Everybody and Happy Thursday

Excellent pairing there John :) :thumbsup:

"Black is black, I want my baby back."
ZY2jbRe.jpg

"Grey is grey, since she went away, wo wo."
7vjOgqM.jpg

"What can I do? 'Cause I I I I I I'm feelin' blue."
0g7aW7E.jpg

I'm happy to say that I, unlike some people around here, don't have too much time on my hands.

This one, really:
JekJW5o.jpg

Very good Jer! :D Some great-looking knives there too :cool: :thumbsup:

Counting knives is a grand idea Jack! But I'm afraid I'm like you my friend, no way I can remember them all! :rolleyes: A great pairing, but you got to love that Zorro Barlow! :) :thumbsup:

It's getting to the point where I have to look down to see if I remembered to put my shoes on! :eek: ;) Thank you my friend :) :thumbsup:

I've got two today. A stag Lambsfoot and a Stag Northfield #73. I hope y'all are all safe and sound this morning! :thumbsup: :D (Recycled photo)

46478531395_b3540c77e9_o.jpg

Titanic twosome Ron :thumbsup:

Great photographs Jack ! Thank you fine Sir:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Gev :) :thumbsup:

3xId4dB.jpg

Great find Jer :thumbsup:

A knife for every pocket today and a little piece of Earth's history I found in my garden yesterday evening. Believed to be a algal mat stromatolite and fossilized roguse coral fragment, Silurian era.

00000-IMG-00000-BURST20200604114536795-COVER.jpg

00100lr-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST20200603200859784-COVER.jpg

00100lr-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST20200603200903478-COVER.jpg

That is some advanced nerdery right there. I think I saw one of those on the Degobah System one time. Great lookin pile of knives!

Now that it looks like yall have abandoned Thrifty Thursday, I finally got on board.:rolleyes:
My Grandad was a thrifty Scot, and this Imperial Barlow was right up his alley. You can tell by the sharpening that he used it hard and got his money’s worth.
I hated the cheap faded plastic, so rehandled it with buffalo horn. Doubt I’ll ever mess with modding a shell construction knife again.
And a Camco jack.
View attachment 1352646
Bonus shot of Grandma’s Siberian iris.
She took these from Illinois when they moved to Lake of the Ozarks, then to a small Missouri farm. I brought them back to Illinois after she passed. They are at least 60 or 70 yrs old.
View attachment 1352647
I have a bunch of her perennials . The Siberian iris along with a mess of bearded iris were in my back perennial border, and had become hopelessly infested with grass and creeping charlie, along with infernal wild morning glory.
Last summer I bit the bullet and dug everything out. All the perennials got taken down to bare root, and every bit of invading roots pulled out. Deep dug the bed and sifted out all the hair roots of the junk, added compost, and replanted with heavy wood chip mulch in between.
I put all the Siberians in scattered beds where I can keep the grass and weeds out. They are happy now, and we can see them again.

Last edited:
That is some advanced nerdery right there. I think I saw one of those on the Degobah System one time. Great lookin pile of knives!

Unfortunately geology isn't one of my nerd areas of expertise so I had to show it to a real rock nerd (geologist) to get that level of information.

I always have my eyes peeled for an arrowhead or weird shaped piece of chert when tilling.

Still have not found any arrowheads on my own property BUT this is my third fossil find.

Some true nerdery was taking one look and rattling off what likely limestone formation it came out of, likely age and period of formation, and where I could find an outcropping of that formation that bears similar fossils.

Back