What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

movTTLN.jpg

Sorry for the recycled pic folks.

I’ll do my usual “ carry for a day before putting it away” on this mint 319 that arrived yesterday. View attachment 1355612
I was asked by a pretty serious Buck collector I know about why I would “ ruin” the mint knives I run across by carrying them then flushing them before putting them up. I posted this in the Buck forum but I thought I would here as well.
I’m a rather sentimental guy so I carry / use every knife I buy so when one of my kids or future grand / great grand kids gets one of these they will know it’s a knife the old man carried. I know it’s silly but I’d trade every knife I’ve ever owned for a knife my granddad or my father carried and I don’t want my descendants to feel that.

Have a great days folks and stay safe.
Clay
I’m totally with you on this practice. To me, I buy for the beauty and functionality and not the ‘investment potential.’ I believe these tools were made to be used and enjoyed. If properly cared for, I haven’t had very many cases where a light carry detracted from value. But again, I don’t sell much!!

Sorry for the recycled pic folks.

I’ll do my usual “ carry for a day before putting it away” on this mint 319 that arrived yesterday. View attachment 1355612
I was asked by a pretty serious Buck collector I know about why I would “ ruin” the mint knives I run across by carrying them then flushing them before putting them up. I posted this in the Buck forum but I thought I would here as well.
I’m a rather sentimental guy so I carry / use every knife I buy so when one of my kids or future grand / great grand kids gets one of these they will know it’s a knife the old man carried. I know it’s silly but I’d trade every knife I’ve ever owned for a knife my granddad or my father carried and I don’t want my descendants to feel that.

Have a great days folks and stay safe.
Clay

This is great and I agree with you!

Enjoying seeing that fabulous old Lambsfoot Ron :) :thumbsup:

Morning everyone, what day is it?! :rolleyes: :D Armed to the teeth today :D ;) :thumbsup:

t2YiKfQ.jpg

vY5eoXL.jpg

r9Vv5bX.jpg

Hartshead Barlow, James Barber British Army Clasp Knife, Enzo Elver :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! I think it’s a pretty nice old Lambsfoot! :) You’re definitely well prepared today Jack. :thumbsup: ;)

Thanks Jack! I think it’s a pretty nice old Lambsfoot! :) You’re definitely well prepared today Jack. :thumbsup: ;)

Good morning y’all! I’m carrying two today. I’ve got a William Rodgers Lambsfoot and a Northfield #73 Scout Trapper. Be safe my friends! :) :thumbsup:

49987289358_176fc8d95b_o_d.jpg

Thanks Ron, that mountain of cardboard didn't stand a chance! :D Nice pairing my friend :thumbsup:

C CHNeal wishing you owned one of your Dad's or Granddad's knives. My Dad was a one knife man, only saw him carry one slipjoint his entire life, a Case XX stockman that I have posted before. Am lucky to own his pocketknife, fixed blade, and my Grandfather's fixed blade. They are so precious to me they stay in the safe for fear of loosing.

Today's carry / project. Going to clean it up and restart some patina. My first nifebright, won't be my last. Held it direct sun for a few seconds, then in the shade for pic.

GEC15Nifebrite-1.jpg

Thought I'd pocket this early GEC 23 iteration wearing a Schrade shield. :)
Many thanks JJ. What a cool image of that great old Schrade. Lots of reflections, shadows, and mood.

This was my Monday tote as it was a Keen Kutter kinda day.
Gorgeous covers, Stuart.

Many thanks Harvey, thanks for showing those interesting old beauties :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack. Loving that JB clasp knife. Vintage illustration and war image, too.

Harvey, only you could make that old wire jack attractive.
A humble thank you.for the kind words, Alan. Big fan of what you do.

Back