What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Happy Saturday to you; love the Wharnie jack
Thank you, JJ. I find it to be very handy too. :)

2O3xomp.jpg
Super cool, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

That spear blade Jack is super nice. :cool::thumbsup:

This one today.
TUF52vj.jpg
Knife, beer, and bread are all breathtaking brown, Dave! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Toting a couple of ebony covered jacks today. :)
I’ve got a Tidioute #73 and a 2018 Guardians SFO in my pocket today. The Prince and the Pauper .... Ebony and Osage Orange. ;) :D

50015340848_75eb4ba357_o_d.jpg
For the wooden Wednesday, an Laguiole Fontenille Pataud in walnut and GEC # 83 in Ebony.

JJ, Ron, & José: superb pairs of knives for last Wooden Wednesday! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

3 classic cutters, Chuck! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

When you look up the word "Pocket Knife"... that should be the knife pictured.
My first one looked like that.
Good looking first knife, GT.:thumbsup:
Glad you still have that one Gary :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, guys. :) It was a great first knife for a farm kid, and I found all kinds of uses for all of the tools, so I'm still a huge fan of scout knives and SAKs even though I use a knife now only about tenth as much as I did when I was a lad. :rolleyes:

I have these two with me today.
Always a treat to see your black Beer Scout Knife with fob, Tom! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I'm carrying this Case Rosewood slimline trapper.

View attachment 1360651
Classy knife, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I need to add something with jigged wood covers to my knife holdings.

The Opinel looks great - even though you said that it was modified more than intended. Still turned out well - I like the drop/spear point that you put on it.
Thanks, Bill. :) My original intent was to reshape the handle into sort of a cigar shape, but I didn't plan ahead far enough to realize what would happen when I "whittled off" the wood where the butt of the knife flared out:
opi#6.proudtip.closeup.jpg

You can see that my handle mod left me with a LOT of bare blade tip! :eek: The red Sharpie markings show how I had to add a blade mod to my plans. That's how I ended up with the spear point blade.;)

I haven't recently posted a photo of the quartet I always carry in addition to my knives that rotate weekly. Here are the Forever Four:
2019.8.EDC.open.jpg

- GT

Good morning and Happy Father’s Day to all whom it applies! I won’t get to see my daughter until next Sunday. We’re all meeting at our favorite getaway by the sea for a week of much needed R & R! :D I’m spending the day with my lovely wife Pam. She’s already in the kitchen preparing a special chilled lemon desert. For lunch we’re going to have baked sweet potatoes, three bean salad and New York strips! I’m sure there will be a photo op or two with the food and knives later! For my special day I’ve picked two special knives to share in the festivities! Y’all have a safe and blessed day! :) :thumbsup:

50028729613_ea23f74dee_o_d.jpg

Super cool, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

Good Morning Everybody and Happy Father's Day

Thanks John, nice brace of @waynorth goodness :) :thumbsup:

I haven't recently posted a photo of the quartet I always carry in addition to my knives that rotate weekly. Here are the Forever Four:
View attachment 1363063

- GT

Always a treat to see them Gary :)

Good morning and Happy Father’s Day to all whom it applies! I won’t get to see my daughter until next Sunday. We’re all meeting at our favorite getaway by the sea for a week of much needed R & R! :D I’m spending the day with my lovely wife Pam. She’s already in the kitchen preparing a special chilled lemon desert. For lunch we’re going to have baked sweet potatoes, three bean salad and New York strips! I’m sure there will be a photo op or two with the food and knives later! For my special day I’ve picked two special knives to share in the festivities! Y’all have a safe and blessed day! :) :thumbsup:

50028729613_ea23f74dee_o_d.jpg

Fabulous pair Ron, have a great day my friend :) :thumbsup:

I gotta share this- mainly because this forum is guilty of whipping my pocket knife obsession into a frenzy. All four kids agree...

:D :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice to see the quartet again.
I often wonder where you carry your daily four?
I'm imagining a messenger bag with text books and knives.

That is one fancy Jack, Ron. :cool::thumbsup:

Can't really beat a #14 thrown in the pocket. Not much need for more. :cool::thumbsup:

Great picture, Gary.
Happy Father's Day to you too. :cool::thumbsup:

It started life as a TL-29.
Like Spaten Spaten said, it turned into a fine looking Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks John, nice brace of @waynorth goodness :) :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack. :)
He has given us quite a few winners.

Back