What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I have mood swings with this knife. I won't carry it for months at a time, then I'll carry it every day for a week. Can't explain it, but I grabbed it from the pile this morning ...
lADDb8C.jpg

TGIF! Have a good one!
9LeiLQQ.jpg
Always a thrill to see you post that glamorous knife, Gary! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks GT! Right back at you :)
Thanks, Tom. :) That brilliant blue Farmer is a real eye-opener! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Couple of new Sheffield recruits.

Wade & Butcher
View attachment 1361932

View attachment 1361933

Joseph Rodgers
View attachment 1361934
Congrats on yet another striking pair of vintage Sheffield finds, Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Superb summer shot of your stainless stag 73, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

You have a good-looking group of Stockman and Canoe knives this week, Gary. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I particularly like the Cracked Ice Sowbelly. :)

My Millennial Buck 301 stockman has been finding its way into my pocket more frequently lately.

View attachment 1362035
Your stockman and your pile of vintage dimes adds up to more than two Bucks, Dean! ;):cool::cool:

Hey, that's an A-1 Böker USA tip-bolstered pen knife; congrats!! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Bone covers, or synthetic?

That canittler is most excellent, Gary.
Another beautiful selection of your knives, Gary.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Three good 'uns Gary :) First time I recall seeing a RR Folding Hunter in carbon :thumbsup:
Love the Bluegrass Barlow !
That coping blade is a great addition.
Gorgeous!
Thanks, Dean & José & Jack & Steve & Jer & Harvey. :) I've had the carbon steel RR for about a year; I'm very pleased with the 3 patterns I have from RR's carbon steel series. The RR canittlers are fine little knives; I think I currently have two of them, and am often tempted to get another.

View attachment 1362452 Cutting greens today, maybe some trellising, we’ll see what we can get done before the welcome rain comes.
Vic and Camillus hawkbills out of neccesity, Case Sodbuster Sr in elk stag out of choice.
View attachment 1362454 Have a good one.
Terrific trio of workers, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Wish Case would make some more of these in some other covers...
rkFdiGQ.jpg
That's a nice mini trapper! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Dazzling dark duo, Joshua; congrats on the new French knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Although I'm not going shooting today, I thought toting this Weidmannsheil folder with 16 and 12 gauge shell pullers on the bolster (to pull stuck shotgun shells from the breech end) might be handy if I come across an orphan bottle of wine.

yb1K5eU.jpg

- Stuart
What a cool specialized knife, Stuart! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Carrying this sweet yellowboy today.View attachment 1362664
Couple of incredibly handsome sowbelly stockman knives, guys! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1362689 View attachment 1362691 View attachment 1362692 View attachment 1362690

Enjoying a cigar with a cup of coffee and an old canoe. Not a bad way to begin the weekend. I hope all of you have a Happy Father’s Day tomorrow!
I used to tell middle school students that our classroom was based on "the 3 Cs": Cleanliness, Courtesy, and Common Sense. But LT, you have a mighty fine set of "3 Cs" posted there: Canoe, Cigar, and Coffee! :cool::cool:;)

Daughter took me out for a bit of Father’s Day sushi. As it was a special occasion there was only one knife I would be carrying. 64-69 Case 087 that my daughter gave me for Xmas several years ago. At the restaurant she grinned and asked what knife I was carrying. I pulled this out to show her and asked what she was carrying...View attachment 1362830
Great to see that father/daughter pair again, Clay! :):cool::thumbsup:

I'm going with a pair of Cases for Sunday. :)
Captivating pair of Cases, JJ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Smashing pic GT :thumbsup:
You can't have too much of a good thing ;) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)
Your lambsfoot duo is decidedly distinguished! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Such a stunning knife, Alan! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Thank you, but which one?
Oops! :eek:
The stag knife mesmerized me so much that I didn't even notice the coin knife, Alan. :rolleyes:
The sea shell shield always catches my attention because I'm forever grateful for a scholarship I got from Shell Oil that helped me pay for college half a century ago. ;)

- GT

Oops! :eek:
The stag knife mesmerized me so much that I didn't even notice the coin knife, Alan. :rolleyes:
The sea shell shield always catches my attention because I'm forever grateful for a scholarship I got from Shell Oil that helped me pay for college half a century ago. ;)

- GT
I knew that, just teasing you.
I was lucky enough to graduate from Queens College which is part of the C.U.N.Y. which cost me a whopping $67.25 a semester.

Always a thrill to see you post that glamorous knife, Gary! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Long time no see.
Thanks guys! It needs an outing now and then!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Laguiole is finding its way into my pocket more and more often. It just seems to suit my daily knife needs so well, and is a pleasure to use and carry. They label it as small, but at 3.5" it's just right for my pocket, and does all I need it to do most days.

It shares many of the characteristics of my 4" Lloyd shadow trapper that is still numero uno as my EDC choice.

I guess I favor slim single clip blade knives.
20Cgr3w.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks, Tom. :) That brilliant blue Farmer is a real eye-opener! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on yet another striking pair of vintage Sheffield finds, Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Superb summer shot of your stainless stag 73, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Your stockman and your pile of vintage dimes adds up to more than two Bucks, Dean! ;):cool::cool:

Hey, that's an A-1 Böker USA tip-bolstered pen knife; congrats!! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Bone covers, or synthetic?

Thanks, Dean & José & Jack & Steve & Jer & Harvey. :) I've had the carbon steel RR for about a year; I'm very pleased with the 3 patterns I have from RR's carbon steel series. The RR canittlers are fine little knives; I think I currently have two of them, and am often tempted to get another.

Terrific trio of workers, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

That's a nice mini trapper! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Dazzling dark duo, Joshua; congrats on the new French knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

What a cool specialized knife, Stuart! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Couple of incredibly handsome sowbelly stockman knives, guys! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I used to tell middle school students that our classroom was based on "the 3 Cs": Cleanliness, Courtesy, and Common Sense. But LT, you have a mighty fine set of "3 Cs" posted there: Canoe, Cigar, and Coffee! :cool::cool:;)

Great to see that father/daughter pair again, Clay! :):cool::thumbsup:

Captivating pair of Cases, JJ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :)
Your lambsfoot duo is decidedly distinguished! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Such a stunning knife, Alan! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT
Thanks, Gary!

Bone for sure.

This knife has some features I normally dont like but just seemed okay on this knife, like the tip bolsters or the swedge on the spear blade.
I can't say I'm growing to like these features, but I do like this knife enough to look past them.

My trio for today, received the Buck 501 for Father’s Day from my son, he picked it up at a yard sale and he said it was in pretty rough shape, sent it to Buck for a SPA treatment. It went right into my pocket, he said they did a really nice job with the cleaning and sharpening.

Back