What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Case CV Sod Buster Jr. Always a good knife to fall back on.

kGVHmsg.jpg

Treated yard for grubs this morning. If you see June bugs flying and don't treat for grubs, you have grubs. Left untreated they eat the roots of your grass and kill splotches. Pocket gophers eat grubs so getting rid of the grubs can help a gopher problem. Love the patina / stropped edge. Not jazzed with a filter :)

GECTCbarlowpatina-1.jpg

Almost a (BTI) Old Timer exclusive week.
Old Timer 25OT Two blade slipjoint folding hunter on my belt.
Old Timer 858OTB large stockman in my pocket.

Bundeswehr M1212 (faux) West German Cold War Era GAK.

I'm hoping the July budget will cover an Old Timer 23OT 4 blade Scout/Camp Knife with saw cut Delrin covers to match my other Old Timers. :)

edbNQab.jpg

Yesterday what was rusty and unusable today becomes exquisitely beautiful. Okay well maybe they aren't beautiful but the restoration on these vintage garden shears turned out nice in my opinion. Saw some TC's on here today. Carrying a TC makes for a good day.

That one above your... ah, #23 is it? Is it an ettrick? Those covers are gorgeous! Must be a pleasure to own and carry both those!

edbNQab.jpg

Yesterday what was rusty and unusable today becomes exquisitely beautiful. Okay well maybe they aren't beautiful but the restoration on these vintage garden shears turned out nice in my opinion. Saw some TC's on here today. Carrying a TC makes for a good day.

That one above your... ah, #23 is it? Is it an ettrick? Those covers are gorgeous! Must be a pleasure to own and carry both those!
Thank you very much for your nice remarks my friend . Yes it is a Northfield # 23 that I just received today . Attached is a picture of the Old Stag with the blade open . It is not my idea of an Ettrick blade . I expect that it was originally a Hawkbill blade . It is indeed a Pleasure to own and use and it is a little early to tell about the #23 . It is a beautiful and well made knife . I just finished my outside chores and I had time to CE & CF it a lot and I can tell you this one is a Gem . But as my wife said " That is a Big Knife " and it is also heavy . A real Load in a pocket .
Take care my friend and be well .

Harry

Last edited:
Bought a new boat two weeks ago, finally got it into the water (ICW) today to begin the engine break-in process. So far so good, target was two hours today but thunderstorms and lightning coming up fast caused us to scurry back to the town ramp and get out. Four boats all arrived about the same time and we all helped each other get loaded and out - all out safely, not a soul got wet (or struck)! I grabbed the first stainless steel pocketknife I saw as I was heading out the door, a Case 87 jackknife - I used it and so did my wife during our hour and a half on the water. OH
Case-22087-SS-Medium-Jack-2010.jpg

Robalo-Cayman-206-S-ready-for-first-voyage.jpg

6-22-2020-first-trip-on-Cayman-206-S.jpg

Last edited:
Back