What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

For Thursday:
zSMTWLv.jpg

Le Langres, Stephane Thomachot

Looking good, Vince! :thumbsup: I sharpened mine up yesterday, now I’m ready go out it to use. :cool:

aBcnvDp.jpg

Late posting today, as I went out early. Had my Hartshead Barlow with me today, and a Thrifty Thursday Joker :) :thumbsup:

4jIbAyC.jpg

dZ6Yk2V.jpg

Nice pair, Jack! :thumbsup: Is that beer mat from a Sam Smith’s pub? ;) :D

I don’t know much about those Jokers, but they look like pretty handy knives.

Camping, with bad service. The 23 is kicking butt!
View attachment 1361298

What kind of patina is that?! :eek: ;) :D I always appreciate how well-used your knives look, Taylor. :thumbsup:

So happy it's raining here today. Glad to get fertilizer on the yard yesterday, just in time. So far this month we have only gotten .001" of rain and June is traditionally the wettest month of the year.

New to me Viper in stag cut bone. Hope ya'll have a golden day!

GEC47StagcutboneViper-1.jpg

Beautiful Viper! :cool: I have a couple, but don’t carry them as often as I should.

Small 8cm Lag but it's a user ;)

yXuu157.jpg

I don’t own a Laguiole (yet) but those smaller models sure seem like they’d be more pocket friendly.

I gotta share this- mainly because this forum is guilty of whipping my pocket knife obsession into a frenzy. All four kids agree...

That’s great! :D :D I also like that all four managed to spell it differently. ;)

Happy Father’s Day all!View attachment 1363171

What a trio! :eek: :cool:

Showing off my Father’s Day present from my lovely wife, who actually gave me this 23 Pioneer Trapper a week ago. I didn’t carry the Bull Buster today as well; just for size comparison. Otherwise, my pants would’ve fallen down. Happy Father’s Day, everyone!

9XyJLTt.jpg

That’s a big pair! :thumbsup:

Hope y’all have a great day! I’m totin’ these two this morning! :) :thumbsup:

48599031552_d4c8c2cd3a_o_d.jpg

Nice pair, Ron, and beautifully photographed. :thumbsup:

Great pairing Ron, I always mean to carry that Forum Knife more frequently :thumbsup:

I was thinking the exact same thing, Jack. That’s one of my favorite BF knives.

Thanks for the additional info, Vince. :) I have a Spanish Taramundi with a blade whose edge is not quite straight, and I like it a lot.
taramundi-open-out-jpg.1364687

I always enjoy seeing that Taramundi, GT. :thumbsup: While I was looking at it this time, I thought, “That blade reminds me a bit of the Stephane Thomachot that @Âchillepattada recently gifted me,” then I realized that you had posted it in response to Vince’s Thomachot! :D

These are in my pockets . The Maserin was with me all day while I Pressure Washed our house . The Northfield #23 just since we came back in .

Harry

Looking good, Harry! :thumbsup: They did a great job on this UN-X-LD #23’s.

I had this Farm & Field pair in my pocket today. I bought the #99 Farmer Lock (O1) used a couple years ago, but haven’t carried it much. I’m hoping they do them again some time; I’d love to get ahold of one in Nifebrite.

Jz48vaN.jpg

Eleanor and I spent some time outside today with her fishing rod so she could learn how to cast. It took a little while, but she‘s starting to get the hang of it.

S0YU1RL.jpg

It would appear that you have come a long way young man . Welcome to the Pockets Are Full Of Knives Club .

Harry

That’s great! :D :D I also like that all four managed to spell it differently. ;)

Thanks so much gents! The McD kids crushed their “Making Dad feel like a champ” test, but need more work in spelling class no doubt! We’ll blame it on COVID!

Looking good, Vince! :thumbsup: I sharpened mine up yesterday, now I’m ready go out it to use. :cool:

aBcnvDp.jpg

Looking good, Harry! :thumbsup: They did a great job on this UN-X-LD #23’s.

I had this Farm & Field pair in my pocket today. I bought the #99 Farmer Lock (O1) used a couple years ago, but haven’t carried it much. I’m hoping they do them again some time; I’d love to get ahold of one in Nifebrite.

Jz48vaN.jpg

Eleanor and I spent some time outside today with her fishing rod so she could learn how to cast. It took a little while, but she‘s starting to get the hang of it.

S0YU1RL.jpg
Thank you very much Barrett . I also believe that GEC is doing a great job with the 23's . Interesting knives that you are carrying today . I think that it is great that you do so many things with Eleanor .

Harry

Now that 48 is a good looking 48 Ron . Maybe it is the UNXLD shield that does it . Of course , it could go without saying how nice the Lambfoot is .

Harry
Thanks Harry! That UNXLD shield always make a knife look good! ;) :)

These are in my pockets . The Maserin was with me all day while I Pressure Washed our house . The Northfield #23 just since we came back in .

Harry
I’ve got a new pressure washer. Not even took it out of the box. I hope you didn’t overdo it my friend! :) With the risk of causing your head to start swelling, I’ve just got to tell you something about your #23 Harry! It’s the most beautiful one I’ve seen posted yet! By far my friend! :thumbsup: :D IMHO :rolleyes:

aBcnvDp.jpg

Nice pair, Ron, and beautifully photographed. :thumbsup:

Jz48vaN.jpg

S0YU1RL.jpg
Thanks for the compliment Barrett! :thumbsup: Great knives my friend! :)

Thanks Harry! That UNXLD shield always make a knife look good! ;) :)

I’ve got a new pressure washer. Not even took it out of the box. I hope you didn’t overdo it my friend! :) With the risk of causing your head to start swelling, I’ve just got to tell you something about your #23 Harry! It’s the most beautiful one I’ve seen posted yet! By far my friend! :thumbsup: :D IMHO :rolleyes:
:)
Thanks for your concern my young friend , but I did not overdo it . My head has not began to swell yet Ron , but I am very thankful for the very few knives that I have received this year . I know full well that I have been very fortunate to find and get the exact ones that I have . I also know that the Most Beautiful Ones are the ones that are in my hands .

Harry

Thanks for your concern my young friend , but I did not overdo it . My head has not began to swell yet Ron , but I am very thankful for the very few knives that I have received this year . I know full well that I have been very fortunate to find and get the exact ones that I have . I also know that the Most Beautiful Ones are the ones that are in my hands .

Harry
Come to think of it, you have gotten some nice knives this year Harry! :thumbsup: :D

A couple of Schrades for Tuesday. :)
Thank you JJ. Fine pair of Shrades. Love the size contrast. Great image.

Thank you Harvey, that's a cool pic :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack.

I decided to drop my 'Ashley's Choice' Lambsfoot in my pocket today, and my Random Tuesday grab was a A Wright Sheepsfoot :) Have a good day folks :thumbsup:
Your JB SFO AC has my kind of covers

Rarely posted but carried extensively
Such a beautiful image. The silver Alox against that painterly background.

Alox Knife of the Week is a red Vic Cadet
I stop for Alox. Especially like yours.

The Northfield #23 just since we came back in .
I’ve been avoiding hitting the “add to cart” button, the Antique Autumn Bone #23, but the cover on yours is the nicest I’ve seen, Harry. Really good looking.

Carrying this old Schrade barlow today...

RtQCIp0.jpg

Very nice :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the background info, Jack. :) It's a well-made canoe, but it is also unusually made (at least to my somewhat inexperienced eyes), with 3 liners on one side of the spring and 2 on the other:
View attachment 1364689

Couple of compelling cutters, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

That seems very odd Gary :confused:

Thanks buddy :thumbsup:

Alox Knife of the Week is a red Vic Cadet:
View attachment 1364847

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a red Vic Huntsman:
View attachment 1364848

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a red Imperial BSA scout (thanks, Paul):
View attachment 1364849

International Knife of the Week is a John Watts ring-opener (thanks, Jack):
View attachment 1364851

- GT

Nice line-up :) :thumbsup:

Nice pair, Jack! :thumbsup: Is that beer mat from a Sam Smith’s pub? ;) :D

I don’t know much about those Jokers, but they look like pretty handy knives.

I was thinking the exact same thing, Jack. That’s one of my favorite BF knives.

Thank you Barrett :) It could be! :D :rolleyes:

They're not bad :) If I can find another, I'll try and remember to send you one over :) I like those French knives you and Vince are carrying :cool: Glad you've been able to get out fishing with Eleanor pal :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack.

Your JB SFO AC has my kind of covers

View attachment 1365059

“I’ve been working on the Railroad.”
View attachment 1365060

Thanks a lot Harvey, two great pics there my friend, and what a cool-looking railroad spike knife :cool: :thumbsup:

Hope everyone's week is going well :) Carrying my Hartshead Barlow again today, together with one of Barry @gunstockjack 's Watchpocket Barlows :) :thumbsup:

F1MhnLV.jpg

XZAo1Of.jpg

Many thanks JJ, sweet Schrades :) :thumbsup:

I decided to drop my 'Ashley's Choice' Lambsfoot in my pocket today, and my Random Tuesday grab was a A Wright Sheepsfoot :) Have a good day folks :thumbsup:

pKkljrJ.jpg

RFA0mdh.jpg
Thanks Jack!!!
A very lovely pair of totes for you today; super cool covers, especially the stag!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack, John, Dean, JJ.
John, the 2 SAKs are always in my left front pocket, the Minichamp suspended from the pocket edge by the little clip it's attached to, and the Solo standing up, thanks to the safety pin trick. The Sodbuster Jr and the scrimshawed Rough Rider stockman share a nylon slip (front left in pic that follows) that is either in an outside pocket of my backpack, or vertically behind one of my suspender straps.
knives-from-backpack-jpg.1364685
I was always curious how you toted your foursome along with their pals; you certainly have it down to a very cool science!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Scintillating Schrade pair, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks a lot, Gary!!!
Alox Knife of the Week is a red Vic Cadet:
cadet-red-closed-jpg.1364847

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a red Vic Huntsman:
huntsman-open-jpg.1364848

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a red Imperial BSA scout (thanks, Paul):
imp-bsa-mark-open-jpg.1364849

International Knife of the Week is a John Watts ring-opener (thanks, Jack):
ringopener-pile-open-jpg.1364851
You certainly have pockets full of goodness!!!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you JJ. Fine pair of Shrades. Love the size contrast. Great image.
Thanks very much Harvey!!!
f450c8de-e2b2-43b1-900e-bcd6758b8829-jpeg.1365059

“I’ve been working on the Railroad.”
a08a0f0d-1a5b-4524-ae3e-9b949c0470ff-jpeg.1365060
Outstanding pairing today covering both refined and raw beauty; spectacular lensing of both, as well!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Hope everyone's week is going well :) Carrying my Hartshead Barlow again today, together with one of Barry @gunstockjack 's Watchpocket Barlows :) :thumbsup:

F1MhnLV.jpg

XZAo1Of.jpg
Fabulous pairing of wonderful Barlows; perfect right sided pocket stowage, too!;):cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

F1MhnLV.jpg

XZAo1Of.jpg
Great Barlow duet there Jack! It’s always good to see one of Barry’s UNXLD SFOs in use. It is an excellent watch pocket knife! :thumbsup: :)

Toting a couple of whittlers for Wednesday, one wearing wood. :)
Nice pairing JJ! :)

Back