What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I've been in a rut lately and this guys getting the benefit of a bunch of pocket time.
emp0Xya.jpg
That knife and “rut” do not go together.:D

I can't seem to kick this ebony Lambsfoot out of my pocket.
It's joined for Jack's Random Tuesday by a W H Morley in pearl.
tab1NdS.jpg

sHvI8Dd.jpg

I know the feel Rachel ;) I'd completely forgotten about Random Tuesday, maybe my subconscious was telling me to randomly put that Ulster in my pocket :rolleyes: Nice Morley :) :thumbsup:

Good morning! I’ve already made a run to the local farmers market. Some okra, yellow tomatoes, red potatoes and a couple heads of cabbage followed me home! I had these two in my pocket. My Pére David Big ‘un and my brand new #23L Beavertail in Jigged Brazilian Cherry. Y’all stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

50111721032_e739cafcab_o_d.jpg

Glad to hear you're eating well Ron :) Fine-looking pair :thumbsup:

Fantastic photos Dan :) :thumbsup:

Happy Tidioute Tuesday

Always nice to see your #66 John :) :thumbsup:

Deluxe dark knives, Joshua and Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Rosewood Lambsfoot for Wooden Wednesday.
UAOMy1Z.jpg
Wood on wood is looking good, Dave! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a handsome fella, GT.
Thanks, Stuart. :)

Today's pocket goodness.
View attachment 1374457
Splendid bone WCLF, Taylor! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good day :) I'm carrying my Hartshead Barlow today, along with a Thrifty Thursday Chinese Imperial Stockman (bought this knife last year, and it's the first time I've carried it), and a new arrival on my belt :) :thumbsup:
Thrilling Thursday threesome, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
That cracked ice Imperial looks good! ;):thumbsup:

Very nice stockman, GT. I like Case's saw cuts they do on their knives.
Your two Canoes this week are exquisite, Gary! :thumbsup::thumbsup: It goes without saying (so I'm going to say it) that your Case 6347 is a treasure.:D
I appreciate your supportive comments, John and Dean. :)

I'm carrying a Case single blade wharncliffe Trapper in red Delrin; it was part of Case's post 9/11 Fire Engine Red series.

View attachment 1374661
The red handle looks good with that flag shield, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool: That knife is very similar to a lambsfoot!

It's cardboard reckoning day today.
HdqzGgh.jpg
Terrific Tribal Lock; I think the navy blue jigged bone with red shield is a striking combination! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Love it, GT.:thumbsup:
Thanks, Harvey. :)
Your brace of Barlows is outstanding! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Such an appealing knife, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1374836 View attachment 1374837
Camillus 23 Jack, Case 62048SP ten dot, and Buck 102:)
Black and white classic trio in living color; looks great, Jeff! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

French Friday:
OMePIJE.jpg

Le Thiers par Chambriard

et:
zSMTWLv.jpg

Le Langres, Stephane Thomachot
Ooh-la-la X 2, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Going with these two razor sharp jacks from the 1930s, both wearing black composite. :)
For today I'll be toting these two, a stockman and a toothpick. :)
Two pairs of dark, dapper, and delightful knives, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Today marks 9 years nicotine free for me. 40 years of Marlboro and Copenhagen ( often at the same time) ended July the 10th 2011 for me. So I’m feeling a little proud of myself this morning. In honor of that pride, I decided to carry a knife that was made with pride and I’m proud to own. 1967-1971 Schrade made Buck 301. This knife has waited over 50 years for this day. A craftsman built this wonderful tool to be used in an honest days work and today it will be. View attachment 1375214
Congrats on nixing the nicotine, Clay; sweet knife to celebrate the happy anniversary of kicking the habit! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
(I smoked pipe, cigarettes, and mostly cigars from 1970 until Christmas Eve 2014, so I know the a little about the pride you mentioned. ;))

For both Black and Northfield Fridays
Elegant, exquisite pair, John! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice Barlow Gary :cool: :thumbsup:
That is a Beautiful Barlow, Gary! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack and Dean. :)

I ended up taking my walk with all these. My umbrella in one hand and my belt in the other.
OxxWhsE.jpg
Lotta fine cutlery there, Jer! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: (Have you considered suspenders? It would allow you to have a free hand again. :rolleyes:)

I'm carrying one of my 2019 Case Barlows today.

View attachment 1375274
Superb Case Barlow, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
As I recall, you have several grand exemplars of that run of Case Barlows.

W. Saynor

46614308535_c8cb1c22f3_b.jpg
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
That knife's as welcome as can be, Gev! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Great looking knife, GT.
I'm grateful to you for posting that, Harvey. :)

Utica EE Jack and a Schrade Walden stockman

KgVtWc0.jpg
Steve, as is so often the case with you, another brown bone bonanza! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Years ago over on AAPK we got into a long discussion thread on what is a Moose and what is a Muskrat. Normally a Muskrat is built on a Premium Stockman (3-7/8" - 4" serpentine frame, such as the Case Muskrat, built on their 47 frame) it normally has two identical "Muskrat" blades (like a Turkish Clip blade but more slender). Then there is the Case Hawbaker Muskrat and assorted copies - once again the 47 frame with one Muskrat blade and one long Sheepfoot blade. A Moose is much like a Muskrat but bigger (and with a Clip and a Spear blade); your Case 6275 Moose is built on a 75 frame (large serpentine frame) which is also used for their jumbo Stockman. The Case Moose can also be correctly called a Texas Jack. There are so many asterisk's in knife naming that I finally decided to go with whatever the manufacturer labeled the knife. OH
Thanks for the discussion of Moose/Muskrat distinctions, Bruce! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Today with Bulldog in Ram's horn.;):thumbsup:
Your Bulldog Barlow is brilliant, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A couple of Jacks today, Schrade Cutco. and a Camillus

KQVxNrI.jpg
Golden brown goodness, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

We love the locally grown fresh veggies Jack! I’m going back Thursday morning to get some corn and green beans. Thank you my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Fantastic Ron, I'm afraid the market here is great for veg. There used to be a small local farmer's market, but I don't think it's on at the moment. Excellent fruit and veg shop about a mile from me, but the line outside is nearly that long! :eek:

Fantastic Ron, I'm afraid the market here is great for veg. There used to be a small local farmer's market, but I don't think it's on at the moment. Excellent fruit and veg shop about a mile from me, but the line outside is nearly that long! :eek:
Long lines are becoming more common these days! :( If you want the good stuff before it gets gone you have to be an early bird here. I’ll probably be there by 5:30am on Thursday morning. ;) :D

Long lines are becoming more common these days! :( If you want the good stuff before it gets gone you have to be an early bird here. I’ll probably be there by 5:30am on Thursday morning. ;) :D

It's not been too bad here Ron, so far. I've only queued twice, and then only for a few minutes, but I think I've only been in a supermarket 3 times since March, and in smaller places half a dozen times, if that. I'll probably end up buying veg from the market on Thursday, but it only lasts a few days :rolleyes:

Have a great Tuesday, folks!
Getting to know my new Boker Nessmi. I found that a sheath I had made by Paul Long years ago was a perfect fit for it. The original, although well made and secure, was a bit pedestrian. Of course my Lloyd Shadow had to be in the pic and in the pocket today.
m4vIZKq.jpg

Back