What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Laguiole Le Pocket and Teckel2 for Friday.
IIyV33U.jpg

Last edited:
Hope everyone has had a good week :) 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot in ebony today, and an Old Friend, in the form of my Case Sodbuster Jnr :) :thumbsup:

rXkoW4i.jpg

Ngpc2QR.jpg
Great pairing Jack! :thumbsup: Your Case SBJ would also be a great Thrifty Thursday carry! ;) They can be found for around $25, just about anywhere that sales Case knives. They are definitely worth having one in everyone’s collection! Hope you have a great weekend my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Well folks! I would have spent the night on the Porch of Great Eastern Cutlery last night. The excitement would be building for the doors opening at 7:00 AM. By now we would have heard what the Rendezvous knife for 2020 would have been. Pam saw on Facebook where there is still some people meeting for a unofficial Nondezvous as they are calling it. They are eating at Cross Creek Resort tonight, which is always a Friday evening treat. They are also having a picnic at Mystic Park tomorrow. This is the same venue GEC always uses. I hope they all have a great time and can stay safe and well. We just couldn’t justify a 1400 mile round trip for a couple of meals and no special knives. Not to mention the serious health risks for people of our age. After all I want to be able to see all my friends at the 2021 Rendezvous! :D In honor of the occasion here’s a couple of my favorites from the 2019 Rendezvous! :D

48519010876_26ac6eaf54_o_d.jpg

Great pairing Jack! :thumbsup: Your Case SBJ would also be a great Thrifty Thursday carry! ;) They can be found for around $25, just about anywhere that sales Case knives. They are definitely worth having one in everyone’s collection! Hope you have a great weekend my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron, Case knives are quite a lot more expensive here in Europe unfortunately, the Sodbuster Junior runs at over $50, but mine was a kind gift from the US :) I think the Case SBJ is a great pattern, and am grateful to have this lovely example in CV, gifted to me by our very own @Peregrin :) I'll try pal, hope you and Pam have a great one too :) :thumbsup:

1JCQ1KY.jpg

Well folks! I would have spent the night on the Porch of Great Eastern Cutlery last night. The excitement would be building for the doors opening at 7:00 AM. By now we would have heard what the Rendezvous knife for 2020 would have been. Pam saw on Facebook where there is still some people meeting for a unofficial Nondezvous as they are calling it. They are eating at Cross Creek Resort tonight, which is always a Friday evening treat. They are also having a picnic at Mystic Park tomorrow. This is the same venue GEC always uses. I hope they all have a great time and can stay safe and well. We just couldn’t justify a 1400 mile round trip for a couple of meals and no special knives. Not to mention the serious health risks for people of our age. After all I want to be able to see all my friends at the 2021 Rendezvous! :D In honor of the occasion here’s a couple of my favorites from the 2019 Rendezvous! :D

48519010876_26ac6eaf54_o_d.jpg

Hopefully, next year's RV will be extra special Ron, fabulous pair :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron, Case knives are quite a lot more expensive here in Europe unfortunately, the Sodbuster Junior runs at over $50, but mine was a kind gift from the US :) I think the Case SBJ is a great pattern, and am grateful to have this lovely example in CV, gifted to me by our very own @Peregrin :) I'll try pal, hope you and Pam have a great one too :) :thumbsup:

1JCQ1KY.jpg
I guess I didn’t take the exchange rates into account my friend! ;) Your Chestnut Sway Back Jack in CV is a great knife and a great gift from Gary. Also very sought after I might add. They are available in CV single blade Gents again and many offerings in stainless for both single and double, but unfortunately no CV Jacks! :( It’s sad because Case would sale all they could make! :D

The rural mail carrier left a knife sized package in our box the other day, which contained this lil beauty from Solingen by way of South Carolina.View attachment 1393427Thank you Jon! @JonMcD. The stag is nicely matched,fitted, and polished, and feels so nice in hand. It will likely help persuade some cucumbers to come with me today.
For other duties, the same as yesterday.
Schrade Walden frame with a newer 194 blade, and Big Jack.View attachment 1393428Have a good Friday!

The rural mail carrier left a knife sized package in our box the other day, which contained this lil beauty from Solingen by way of South Carolina.View attachment 1393427Thank you Jon! @JonMcD. The stag is nicely matched,fitted, and polished, and feels so nice in hand. It will likely help persuade some cucumbers to come with me today.
For other duties, the same as yesterday.
Schrade Walden frame with a newer 194 blade, and Big Jack.View attachment 1393428Have a good Friday!
That oversized peekaboo nail- nick will be an interesting call for the mods, being a hole that isn't a one-hand opening hole. Kind of like an e-o notch in spirit.
Pretty cool. I never saw one like it.
acf051J.jpg

Went out last night for a nice anniversary dinner with my wife at a restaurant on the ICW in Beaufort - carried this modded Schrade jackknife. Going to carry it again today. OH
Schrade-34-OT-based-jackknife.jpg
Hey~ Happy Anniversary to you and Mrs Hunter, Bruce! I’m sure you both think you really got blessed in the marriage lottery.:D
Your modded 33 is STUNNING. Schrade shouldacouldawoulda made those with the sheepfoot all along.:thumbsup:

Back