What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

That 54 big jack in linen micarta really appeals to me. :thumbsup: Those were on at least one dealers shelves for quite a while if I remember right and I still wanna kick myself for not snagging one. :D

A puukko with osage, antler and pewter trim along with a bone handled stockman today.
View attachment 1410011

They’ll come back around, I hope.
By the way, a couple porch members have 54s in Desert Ironwood, SteveC SteveC is one if I’m not misremembering, that are quite beautiful.

They look great together Dylan :) :thumbsup:

Another great photo and pairing Dylan! :) :thumbsup:

I like how the colors are starting to match. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, fellas.

These two for me today.

k9cVesw.jpg

Thanks, it was a nice, fun day on the water, we cruised about an hour east on the ICW to the State Port in Morehead City, then partly out Beaufort Inlet before turning around for home. If you choose to use your ALOX Farmer you will have a very solid knife - not the lightest carry in the pocket, but sturdy, well built and stylishly colorful too. OH
Okay, I'm inspired to put it in the pocket today. I doubt I'll have a use for the saw, but one never knows. ;)
jJaxAmS.jpg

Thanks, Paul. :) Stay safe out there in the Great Plains; looks like the Dakotas have had an alarming COVID spike the past month and a half! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Thanks, John; I agree that's a superb example of amber jigged bone! :)

I didn't think my going away would cause any problems, but I guess I knew the waltzing back (like a bad penny) might engender some hard feelings! :rolleyes:

Thanks, Dean. :) I had way too many knives with me and didn't have time to mess around with all of them as much as I'd hoped to. :(

One final celebration of "The Knives of August" before I get back to my rotation schedule for this week.
A vacation by a lake made having some canoes with me obligatory:
Rough Rider smooth tobacco bone stainless canoe
View attachment 1410359

Case amber bone CV canoe
View attachment 1410360

Rough Rider canittler
View attachment 1410361

Don't like to leave home without a sowbelly stockman, and for a long trip, I took two:
Rough Rider carbon steel sowbelly
View attachment 1410365

Chinese Imperial cracked ice sowbelly
View attachment 1410366

I figured I needed this Providence fish knife at a lakefront cottage:
View attachment 1410367

An Imperial Kamp King was my scout knife for the month:
View attachment 1410368

My entire flock of lambs foot knives has been working hard all year, so I thought they all deserved a vacation, too:
View attachment 1410369

- GT

That's a bodacious bevy of beautiful blades, Gary! :) I don't think I would go out on the water with that many knives weighing me down - JMHO.:D;)

Back