What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Trvr

Trvr

Jun 21, 2020
    Trying out this browning lockback for stag Saturday. I haven't carried it in years. Pretty sure it still counts as a traditional, but I've got the peanut just in case.
    [​IMG]

2. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Finally carried the Beavertail 23 today, ended up not cutting anything with it though.

3. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    955BDB27-5895-4FB4-A898-E9231AA40FC2.jpeg D3CC43D7-BDE4-4AB9-ABDE-6B25AD47D713.jpeg 944411BC-2B27-4828-8AA2-6C698995D525.jpeg

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!

For the most part, I stay away from knives that are kitsch, but this Case Tribal Lock will be my exception. I love totin’ this thing. Congratulations to Tony Bose on a great design and Case for the manufacture.

Well Ed @Modoc ED , did anything adventurous happen on the way to your mailbox?! You don’t live in Portland do you? Truth be told, I wish people in Portland had your grit!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  4. Dschal

Dschal

Mar 18, 2016
    Stag today for a change.
    [​IMG]

5. Stich2442

Stich2442

May 6, 2012
    Ok I’m going to apologize in advance because this is gonna be the largest sort of post with all these pictures, having a great day with the family on the holiday weekend thought I’d share lots of knives and use.
    We are lucky we can fish, hike, camp, shoot at home, my girls have quite the little collection of knives going I wonder how they got started doing that? I think they have 4 each at this point, today they brought their Vic’s fishing
    [​IMG]
    then like any good knife knut you have knives stashed everywhere
    [​IMG]
    this Hammer Brand lives in my fishing bag.
    [​IMG]
    dinner on the fire with a knife I won on the forum about 8 years ago from MT Damascus.

And lastly one of my favorite spots on my property
    [​IMG]
    always reminds me of the Tree of Life.
    Have a great and safe holiday weekend

6. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Used this old pruner to cut cucumber vines out of the tomatoes today . Very comfortable to use old thing . One of my favorite carries when I am outside and working . This old knife has a lot of work left in it and I do not mind using some of it at all .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harry

7. Camillus

Camillus Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
  8. afishhunter

afishhunter Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Chicken for supper tonight. Allegedly chicken helps form patina.
    That being the situation, I swapped out the Rough Rider RR603 (440A blades) for my Rough Ryder 1740 Classic Carbon Steel stockman, (T10 blades) in an attempt to get an patina going. :)
    Same Marbles MR278 "Demo Knife" as before. (no doubt y'all is gettin' a mite tired of seein' it. Sorry about that ...)
    I also ditched the suspenders in favor of a belt, and added a standard production brass n' wood Buck 110. (2015 vintage, I believe) "just because" and/or "why not?". :)

WIN_20200905_164001.JPG

Spaten, RDaneel, Reaper AL and 25 others like this.
  9. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thank you kindly Dan!!! The Bulldog Brand was owned by Jim Parker at this time and this 5 bladed stockman was made in Solingen, DE in 1998; all carbon blades, as well (which I like :))
    Thanks a lot, Greg!!! Great image of your two beauties today; I am a big fan of the sowbelly pattern and your Winchester looks mighty cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

10. Auglaize117

Auglaize117 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2018
    Thanks, they served me well today!

OldHercDude likes this.
  11. Knives&Lint

Knives&Lint Head full of lightnin', hat full of rain Platinum Member

May 10, 2013
    Many thanks my friend! However all credit must go to the surrounding nature rather than any particular skill on my part ;). I just get out there and mash a button hoping a few shots turn out well.

12. Knives&Lint

Knives&Lint Head full of lightnin', hat full of rain Platinum Member

May 10, 2013
    [​IMG]

RLB0414, Ribbonz, Spaten and 39 others like this.
  13. OldHercDude

OldHercDude

Jun 28, 2020
    Beautiful!

14. Cutfinger

Cutfinger Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2017

Verrry nice :thumbsup:
    A GEC, I know, but it sure looks like a hundred year old knife. :)

Is that a 78 ?

15. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Thanks Barrett and I concur in regards to working with the tip of a blade. I just gravitate to a sheep or lambfoot while working. Nice duo your carrying today, please greet Eleanor from Nanc and I and tell Hank is getting BIG;)
    Nice picture of a nice knife David:cool::thumbsup:
    Great place ya got there Pete, looks like a great day and man that dinner looks great as well:)
    Love that old girl Harry, just look at those covers:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

btb01 and Old Engineer like this.
  16. thefrank

thefrank

Jan 26, 2013
    Modded Opinel No. 8

[​IMG]

Spaten, akaMatt, Dschal and 23 others like this.
  17. Camillus

Camillus Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Yup 78 from the recent run. I think it was 2017.

Cutfinger likes this.
  18. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    One of my favorite places. Think I got some knife pictures on the exact same rock :D:thumbsup:

19. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Carried my 33 and 93 today on the beach. I should have left them at the hotel. They definitely got a well deserved soap and water rinse when we got back to the room. I’ll get some pictures up within the next couple of days. Hope everyone is having a great Labor Day weekend.