What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Trying out this browning lockback for stag Saturday. I haven't carried it in years. Pretty sure it still counts as a traditional, but I've got the peanut just in case.
IrYSyB2.jpg

View attachment 1413212 View attachment 1413211 View attachment 1413213

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!

For the most part, I stay away from knives that are kitsch, but this Case Tribal Lock will be my exception. I love totin’ this thing. Congratulations to Tony Bose on a great design and Case for the manufacture.

Well Ed @Modoc ED , did anything adventurous happen on the way to your mailbox?! You don’t live in Portland do you? Truth be told, I wish people in Portland had your grit!

Last edited:
Ok I’m going to apologize in advance because this is gonna be the largest sort of post with all these pictures, having a great day with the family on the holiday weekend thought I’d share lots of knives and use.
We are lucky we can fish, hike, camp, shoot at home, my girls have quite the little collection of knives going I wonder how they got started doing that? I think they have 4 each at this point, today they brought their Vic’s fishing
iNNaV3E.jpg

then like any good knife knut you have knives stashed everywhere
NiyCB74.jpg

this Hammer Brand lives in my fishing bag.
O02Rl79.jpg

dinner on the fire with a knife I won on the forum about 8 years ago from MT Damascus.

And lastly one of my favorite spots on my property
xlWLkEU.jpg

always reminds me of the Tree of Life.
Have a great and safe holiday weekend

Chicken for supper tonight. Allegedly chicken helps form patina.
That being the situation, I swapped out the Rough Rider RR603 (440A blades) for my Rough Ryder 1740 Classic Carbon Steel stockman, (T10 blades) in an attempt to get an patina going. :)
Same Marbles MR278 "Demo Knife" as before. (no doubt y'all is gettin' a mite tired of seein' it. Sorry about that ...)
I also ditched the suspenders in favor of a belt, and added a standard production brass n' wood Buck 110. (2015 vintage, I believe) "just because" and/or "why not?". :)

View attachment 1413238

I love that five blade congress!! What can you tell us about it?
Thank you kindly Dan!!! The Bulldog Brand was owned by Jim Parker at this time and this 5 bladed stockman was made in Solingen, DE in 1998; all carbon blades, as well (which I like :))
Both are very nice JJ, but the Puma really appeals to me.:thumbsup:
Thanks a lot, Greg!!! Great image of your two beauties today; I am a big fan of the sowbelly pattern and your Winchester looks mighty cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That’s fair, although I do think there’s some traditional precedent for Barlows with rounded bolsters. Charlie posted a bunch in the Spear-Carriers thread recently. :thumbsup:

Round, square… I like ‘em all! :D

That’s a beauty! :thumbsup:

There‘s not much you couldn’t accomplish with those two in your pocket. :cool: :thumbsup:

Handsome pair of working knives there, Paul! :thumbsup:

I agree with you on the grafting knife, Paul. Something very handy about a small straight edge in a slim but full length handle. I like a sheepsfoot/Lambsfoot/wharncliffe as much as the next guy, but I feel like when I carry one I only use the very tip of the blade about 95% of the time.

Love that big spearpoint! :thumbsup:

Old photos, but I’ve got these two with me today.

gHGzNZG.jpg

fQqVIcn.jpg
Thanks Barrett and I concur in regards to working with the tip of a blade. I just gravitate to a sheep or lambfoot while working. Nice duo your carrying today, please greet Eleanor from Nanc and I and tell Hank is getting BIG;)
kA63vAO.jpg

Finally carried the Beavertail 23 today, ended up not cutting anything with it though.
Nice picture of a nice knife David:cool::thumbsup:
Ok I’m going to apologize in advance because this is gonna be the largest sort of post with all these pictures, having a great day with the family on the holiday weekend thought I’d share lots of knives and use.
We are lucky we can fish, hike, camp, shoot at home, my girls have quite the little collection of knives going I wonder how they got started doing that? I think they have 4 each at this point, today they brought their Vic’s fishing
iNNaV3E.jpg

then like any good knife knut you have knives stashed everywhere
NiyCB74.jpg

this Hammer Brand lives in my fishing bag.
O02Rl79.jpg

dinner on the fire with a knife I won on the forum about 8 years ago from MT Damascus.

And lastly one of my favorite spots on my property
xlWLkEU.jpg

always reminds me of the Tree of Life.
Have a great and safe holiday weekend
Great place ya got there Pete, looks like a great day and man that dinner looks great as well:)
Used this old pruner to cut cucumber vines out of the tomatoes today . Very comfortable to use old thing . One of my favorite carries when I am outside and working . This old knife has a lot of work left in it and I do not mind using some of it at all .

Harry
Love that old girl Harry, just look at those covers:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back