What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

In jelly mode.
N3OUVSS.jpg

nrYaos3.jpg

Et le Yorkshire ! I've lived in Bradford for some months. I've enjoyed that time. It was 41 years ago. Time goes by.

Dan.

Thanks Dan :D I didn't know that! :cool: Just over the hill from me :) :thumbsup:

I got my yard work finished yesterday so I’m planning to just take it easy today. ;) I’ve already had my breakfast of bacon, fried eggs and biscuits. I’m on my second cup of coffee and I’ve got my Tidioute #35 Ebony Churchill and my Wright’s large Ironwood Lambsfoot close at hand! It’s raining and the weather is cooler here too! Y’all stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

49646930608_837ea95f43_c_d.jpg

Sounds like a great day Ron, and that's a lovely pair my friend :) :thumbsup:

Half/Stop Half/Stop Ron : Thanks for the good wishes my friend . We will be leaving here in 2 hours and heading on down the road for about 7 hours . Nice looking knives and beverage holder that you are using today .
I have the same old pieces of Stag attired sharp cutting devices in my pockets today as yesterday .

Harry
Sounds great Harry! See y’all soon my friend! :)

The ebony Churchill is so old timey classic!
Thanks Jeff! I totally agree with you my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Sounds like a great day Ron, and that's a lovely pair my friend :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! Hope you’re having a good one too! :) :thumbsup:

Alox of the Week is a Vic Cadet II (thanks, Ken). I much prefer the pen blade to the nail file on the current Cadet.
View attachment 1420250

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Recruit modified for whittling (thanks, Greg):
View attachment 1420252

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Holub electrician (thanks, Dave):
View attachment 1420260

International Knife of the Week is a Higonokami (thanks, Dan):
View attachment 1420261

- GT

Nice group this week, Gary. Your rare Vic Cadet II is always a treat to see.

Thanks for the help identifying the cover material of that Case Barlow, Dean; my eyes aren't what they used to be. :rolleyes:
Thanks also for the canittler bone compliment. :)
Your Ancient looks aristocratic! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Thank you, Gary!

That’s a high quality stockman, Jon. I had one, and gave it to my son for Christmas, along with a SAK, and a Camillus TL-29. I figured with just those three, a guy could be set for life.

Take good care of the 93, and you’ll be passing it on to one of your boys before you know it.

I totally agree. My Craftsman Stockman’s, TL-29’s, and SAK pioneers are the workhorses of my knife stash. It’s going to be fun to share a love of knives with all my kids. The girls are just as into it. My oldest girl already has her eyes on the 93. She loves the ram.

VERY cool cattle knife. What on earth is that pokey bit that looks like a rasp? same side as the clip.

This is why I love this thread- I see some really cool stuff I didn't know existed.

Glad you like it Engr!
The blade you’re wondering about is an awl. 2BC331E1-F589-47EB-9F3C-2F97BF09710A.jpegThe fancy spiral tooling is one of the reasons I call it a Premium Cattle. The other is the coined liner on the backside.0EEF61D6-66AE-4B3D-8FEA-EC4B7A5F5E9D.jpeg High Carbon was the proprietary name used by Sears, Roebuck pre-Craftsman.
I’m fairly certain this was made by Camillus.

My oldest girl already has her eyes on the 93. She loves the ram.

She's gonna make some knife knut real happy someday. :D
Excellent taste in knives. I'm impressed.

Glad you like it Engr!
The blade you’re wondering about is an awl. The fancy spiral tooling is one of the reasons I call it a Premium Cattle. The other is the coined liner on the backside. High Carbon was the proprietary name used by Sears, Roebuck pre-Craftsman.
I’m fairly certain this was made by Camillus.

Thanks for the info! That's an awl? I should have been able to spot that. Impressive knife of yesteryear. I love that liner! what attention to detail. I tell you- I think i was born in the wrong decade. knives had such unique gravitas.

I totally agree. My Craftsman Stockman’s, TL-29’s, and SAK pioneers are the workhorses of my knife stash. It’s going to be fun to share a love of knives with all my kids. The girls are just as into it. My oldest girl already has her eyes on the 93. She loves the ram.
Oops! Having a daughter, I should have known better than to exclude the girls!

I hope @r8shell didn’t see that!:eek::oops::D

Last edited:
Currant Carry

View attachment 1420719

or

View attachment 1420720

Not sure yet if the Demo knife is getting a couple days R&R, or not.

He probably should ... he's earned it ... maybe I'll give him desk duty instead ....

Edit; 18:30 MT:
I decided to give MR278 the desk job, after all ... not like I'm still a receptionist (quite possibly the ugliest receptionist in both recorded and unrecorded history) or a executive secretary anymore. Retirement does have some perks, it seems, after all ...

Last edited:
Back