What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

She's gonna make some knife knut real happy someday. :D
Excellent taste in knives. I'm impressed.

Oh gah. She’s 10. I don’t wanna even think about it!

Oops! Having a daughter, I should have known better than to exclude the girls!

I hope r8shell r8shell didn’t see that!:eek::oops::D

Just raising some powerful women that can wield a knife and threaten any little piece of trash boy that tries anything stupid!

IMG-20140703-103542-zpswvx247i3.jpg

Glad you like it Engr!
The blade you’re wondering about is an awl. View attachment 1420624The fancy spiral tooling is one of the reasons I call it a Premium Cattle. The other is the coined liner on the backside.View attachment 1420623 High Carbon was the proprietary name used by Sears, Roebuck pre-Craftsman.
I’m fairly certain this was made by Camillus.
I don't know if any other cutlers put the spiral marks on their awls, but I know Camillus did. Even on their later, less fancy offerings.
6sorTME.jpg

Oops! Having a daughter, I should have known better than to exclude the girls!

I hope r8shell r8shell didn’t see that!:eek::oops::D
See what? :confused:;):D

p2KUXvA.jpg

here’s my throwback Thursday carry for today. A 1995 (if my wife did the Roman numerals right) Case Serpentine 4 blade congress. Bought and carried by my late Father.

How about a story? He let me whittle with the sheepsfoot a few times when I was young. One time When I was in grade school I was whittling a stick and my brother reached for it because it was special. (The stick was shaped like a pistol, so of course It was special). I cut him pretty bad on the finger. I still feel bad about it- he’s been weary of knives since that day, to the point of not really liking them , though he had a fair number of them.

Back