What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Carrying my 2019 forum knife today :)
Just came back from visiting the chickadees lol
2hf3rTI.jpg

ziO8Q7w.jpg

2gbyTiz.jpg

I have collected GEC's for 12 years and never carried or used one. I planned to pick a GEC to carry at the 2020 rendezvous and then it was cancelled. Snubbed by the China virus. After much consideration I have decided my carry is down to either a M&G 29 or a 66 pattern. My decision will be made at the next GEC Official gathering. No doubt this M&G is one of the finest knives GEC has ever produced.

I have collected GEC's for 12 years and never carried or used one. I planned to pick a GEC to carry at the 2020 rendezvous and then it was cancelled. Snubbed by the China virus. After much consideration I have decided my carry is down to either a M&G 29 or a 66 pattern. My decision will be made at the next GEC Official gathering. No doubt this M&G is one of the finest knives GEC has ever produced.
12 years and never carried one? :eek::eek::eek:

On a more serious note, I have really come to like this one a bunch. When I first got it I thought “wow this thing is small”, but after carrying it more and more it has grown on me to the point that it is in my pocket more often than not. Don’t have a 66 to compare it to, but in my opinion you can’t go wrong with the 29. Hope you are able to find the one that works for you.

Those Krack-a-Jack #76's are beyond amazing,
my absolute favorite pocket knife of all time.
Some day I will have one of my own.!!!

You know how good the action on these is from your own, Ole Jack just lends an extra bit of charisma to an already fine design. Hope you find one.

Thanks, Bruce! I agree~ the sandpaper scratches don’t make it less useful.
Wishing you well with the cataract removals!

Thanks Jeff, looking forward to finishing the job next Wednesday on the right eye; seeing better and better everyday from my left eye.

I remember seeing that one before! Without a doubt the greatest shield of all time! Great knife!

Thanks friend, I love the shield too, always get a chuckle out of looking at it.

What on earth is that pattern called? I love it. Looks like it's great at hiding the points of blades.

That’s a GEC pattern 76. Mine was a SFO, and called a KRACK-A-JACK. Not sure what GEC named the standard variations. OH

Cool Opinel mod! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Did you add a "safety pin" to the handle and notch the blade to fit over it when closed? I admire the whittled heart key, too! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
Thanks GT! And spot on with the Opinel mod. I have since made a more sophisticated handle since with a “stop pin” (as I call it) imbedded in the handle. That stop pin prevents the viroblock locking mechanism from not functioning once the blade wears down.

Back